Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603559 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1775 on: July 18, 2017, 04:07:45 AM »
What if in TAR Australia 2, Joseph & Grace were eliminated in Leg 7, so Sticky & Sam would be eliminated next leg, causing Leg 9 to become a NEL.

What happens with James & Sarah and Lucy & Emilia then?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1776 on: October 16, 2017, 02:02:01 AM »
TAR Canada 5 leg 3 if Kenneth & Ryan lost in the way to pitstop and was overtaken by two F/F teams but win a additional prize for driving electric car most effectively, would they still win 5000 CAD prize and this leg swung to NEL or not?In case of Kenneth & Ryan's elimination what would happen later including two U-turns in leg 7 & 9

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1777 on: November 07, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »
The season hasn't ended yet, so I won't be expecting a proper answer. :grins:

What if TMZ and the Cheerleaders didn't have any problem on Leg 1, leaving Justin & Diana to take the 1st boot?

I'm busy watching this season again and was thinking of this scenario earlier given how many people dislike Justin & Diana (one of my favourite teams in fact). I think that if they got the first boot, we would have seen Justin cry a river on the mat  :groan: . As for the rest of the season, I think it would have been the Josh & Tanner show - they looked head and shoulders better than the other teams. They were too obsessed with Justin & Diana and not having them there would be a big mental relief. They were also unlucky with the bike in leg 1 and then the injury soon after.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1778 on: November 07, 2017, 05:40:52 PM »
Tanner & Josh? The guys who went sightseeing in Paris, dropped down because of that, then got NELed by basically letting Tiffany & Krista check-in before them, thus causing their elimination in Poland? Nah, they're gone that leg anyway, with or without Justin & Diana to mess with their heads.

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1779 on: November 08, 2017, 06:17:27 AM »
Tanner & Josh? The guys who went sightseeing in Paris, dropped down because of that, then got NELed by basically letting Tiffany & Krista check-in before them, thus causing their elimination in Poland? Nah, they're gone that leg anyway, with or without Justin & Diana to mess with their heads.

I would have to disagree. They were eliminated in India BTW. Yes they don't seem to be the brightest team to have run the race and they have had they fair share of mistakes, but I don't think this ultimately got them eliminated. After the sightseeing in Paris, they still flew to Poland with all the other teams (except the Green Team). For the NEL, it turned out to not be a smart move working with the cheerleaders given that they were fighting for last (as Chris got done before them). They were together with all the other teams flying into India. They did their speedbump, and could possiby have beaten Denise and James Earl (who got lost on the way to the mat) if they weren't U-Turned (they did arrive last at the U-Turn board).

It would have been very interesting if that was a W-Turn instead in India though.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1780 on: November 09, 2017, 03:25:48 AM »

I would have to disagree. They were eliminated in India BTW. Yes they don't seem to be the brightest team to have run the race and they have had they fair share of mistakes, but I don't think this ultimately got them eliminated. After the sightseeing in Paris, they still flew to Poland with all the other teams (except the Green Team). For the NEL, it turned out to not be a smart move working with the cheerleaders given that they were fighting for last (as Chris got done before them). They were together with all the other teams flying into India. They did their speedbump, and could possiby have beaten Denise and James Earl (who got lost on the way to the mat) if they weren't U-Turned (they did arrive last at the U-Turn board).

It would have been very interesting if that was a W-Turn instead in India though.
FYI, Tanner and Josh were u-turned by Kelsey & Joey, not green team
Their move of letting Tiffany & Krista go first basically did them in, no matter the u-turn or not, caused the double roadblock itself put them far behind already

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1781 on: November 10, 2017, 04:28:29 AM »

FYI, Tanner and Josh were u-turned by Kelsey & Joey, not green team
Their move of letting Tiffany & Krista go first basically did them in, no matter the u-turn or not, caused the double roadblock itself put them far behind already
Without Green Team, Tanner & Josh would be the first teams in US version win first 4 legs, Kelsey & Joey also win 4 consecutive legs (from 7 to 10), Denise & James Earl win leg 5, Tiffany & krista win leg 6, I think TMZ would be ended in Zimbabwe 2, allowed Jazmine & Danielle survive longer.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #1782 on: November 10, 2017, 12:17:35 PM »
I think TMZ would be gone leg 2 :lol: They were just a bad team.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1783 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:35 PM »

They reportedly took hours to solve a slide puzzle  :groan:. Yup, they were a bad team.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1784 on: November 11, 2017, 03:26:56 AM »

They reportedly took hours to solve a slide puzzle  :groan:. Yup, they were a bad team.

They are one of the worst teams to ever Race. Absolute WASTE of a casting spot. I'm glad they did not even finish Leg 1.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1785 on: December 07, 2017, 06:43:30 PM »
If Adam & Bethany got lost in London after pick-up an EP and was overtaken by other teams including Dennis & Isabelle.
In leg 3 Michael & Scott still booted because of injury and navigation lost, leg 4 was NEL, Keith & Whitney ended in leg 6, I thought Dennis & Isabelle booted in leg 6 and Tim & Te Jay in leg 8, leaving F5 with Kym & Alli, Shelley & Nici, Maya & Amy, Misty & Jim and Brooke & Robbie, what would happen with fast forward and U-turn in Singapore

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1786 on: December 07, 2017, 06:45:13 PM »

They are one of the worst teams to ever Race. Absolute WASTE of a casting spot. I'm glad they did not even finish Leg 1.
Some underdog teams were very lucky such as Ally & Ashley or Lucy & Emilia

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1787 on: December 07, 2017, 09:25:04 PM »

Some underdog teams were very lucky such as Ally & Ashley or Lucy & Emilia
Team TMZ is just so bad and they are never compareabled to other weak teams (like Dandrew / Ally & Ashley). I mean, who on earth can never finish a 4x3 puzzle with 4 hours?

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1788 on: January 05, 2018, 08:37:51 PM »
Don't know if this was already asked, but what if Pam & Winnie survived in Botswana?

Max & Katie would've been eliminated in 7th in a tight race against Joey & Meghan.

Chuck & Wynona probably still eliminated in 6th in Switzerland.

Now UK is where it starts getting tricky because there's self-driving and I think self-navigation was one of Pam & Winnie's weaknesses.

Point is, it would have been a F5 featuring 3 F/F teams, which has never happened before (at least in the US).

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1789 on: January 06, 2018, 06:13:11 AM »
Don't know if this was already asked, but what if Pam & Winnie survived in Botswana?

Max & Katie would've been eliminated in 7th in a tight race against Joey & Meghan.

Chuck & Wynona probably still eliminated in 6th in Switzerland.

Now UK is where it starts getting tricky because there's self-driving and I think self-navigation was one of Pam & Winnie's weaknesses.

Point is, it would have been a F5 featuring 3 F/F teams, which has never happened before (at least in the US).
Don't forget Pwinnie finished 4th in New Zealand and 2nd in Botswana 1 (first two self-driving car legs in S22), and Carol & Jen and Youtube also have a problem with self-driving, I think Pwinnie would survive Scotish leg, and Youtube Still booted leaving F4 with 1 M/M and 3 F/F, in Wales Carol & Jen still booted, Asian girls had a chance to win it by choosing Graffiti detour task.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1790 on: January 06, 2018, 06:28:42 AM »
What. If. Misa. and. Maiya. Saw. Phil. At. The. Pitstop.

How many of you would have been shocked to death that Joey and Danny are first ones eliminated?
Leg 2 the sisters would struggle with physical detour and fall to last bus, but were saved because of second bus broke down.
In leg 3 they would complete detour and roadblock well (Elliot & Andrew booted),
Leg 4 was NEL, leg 5 I thought the sisters  would stuggle with roadblock and self-driving skill.
Without Joey & Danny, Vanessa & Ralph gone in Azerbaijian
Leg 7 & 8 Art & JJ U-turned Brenchel anyway, as Vanessa & Ralph already gone, the Brenchel would U-turn Kerri & Stacy or Nary & Jaime and the team who received 2nd U-turn would likely to be eliminated
Leg 9 & 10 Bopper & Mark quite behind other teams
F4 with Davechel, Brenchel, Art & JJ and kerri & Stacy or Nary & Jaime. Anyone could occur in leg 11.

TAR Canada 5 If Andrea & Ebonie didn't get lost in the way to the U-Turn board, who would be U-Turned in leg 6
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 08:21:48 AM by toanglobal »

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1791 on: February 23, 2018, 07:14:08 AM »
What if Jeremy and Sandy got sent home on the 5th leg? How far would Liz and Marie make it?

Seriously? Imagine them carring the heavy tobacco bale,and the bed!

I thought the same. Once I saw the first Malawi leg I immediately thought: "This is not made for weak F/F teams". But it WAS a NEL, and if Jennifer had made the same mistake in Malawi 2, maybe the twins could have been 6th and keep on running. Who knows.
Bring the heavy tobacco bale was not difficult as we thought because teams were equipped with wheelbarrow, old racers such as Bill Alden & Laurence Sunderland could complete it, and the detour were complete performance, thus Liz & Marie had a chance to catch up, and leg 6 was NEL anyway, in leg 7 Justin & Jennifer quite lost in RB task, twins survived to F6, in leg 8 father & son struggled in dancing RB and were U-turned as well as got lost in Denmark, leg 9 was KOR, I thought Liz & marie would end in leg 10, bring Bill & Cathy to F4, in Panama without Jeremy & Sandy everything could occur

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1792 on: March 03, 2018, 02:37:16 AM »
What if Henry & Evan lost against Goat Yoga in the Head-to-Head in Leg 2?

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1793 on: March 03, 2018, 01:12:15 PM »
What if Henry & Evan lost against Goat Yoga in the Head-to-Head in Leg 2?

Okay so this really bothers me because I was hoping April and Sarah would deliver, (I got Linda and Karen vibes from them?), and they unfairly lost the head-to-head. Idk. It depends on how Eric and Daniel would handle it. IMO April and Sarah didn't deserve that elimination as Eric (or Daniel I don't know how to tell them apart) rammed into her cart and then took the lead , which was technically unfair, but Phil didn't penalize them for that so...

Yeah, I think Henry and Evan would've gotten eliminated.

Leg 3 : Most probably April would've done the roadblock and they would've taken shake it off. It would've been a normal leg for them.  Anyways it was a NEL.
Leg 4 : Self driving so they'd struggle a bit, I presume that none of them would know sailing so they would struggle at the roadblock, and I feel they would've taken the baguette detour. But I feel they would've done good on the face off, so they could beat someone like Brittany and Lucas and survive the leg.
Leg 5 : I presume Sarah would take the roadblock and would struggle initially and fight with April but then finish it after April motivates her from her stockade (Idk I'm making things up here). They would think of taking the Van Gogh detour but then would change their mind after getting lost (like Trev and Chris) and take the bull one. As they take the bull one they'd beat Tim and Joey.
Leg 6 : As it was a self-drive leg I'm going to assume they'd be on the second flight to Prague, and it would all be contingent on whether or not they'd reach the u-turn board before Cody and Jess. Now I give the benefit of doubt to the goat yoga moms as Trev and Chris are more of a threat to Cody and Jess, so unless April and Sarah get into a fight with Cody and Jess they'd not get u-turned and run a normal leg. As this season didn't have any necessary roadblock counts April would do the roadblock.
Leg 7 : You really can't predict who they'd switch partners with and you can't assume their scenario with every team, so take Eric and Daniel as we know that Henry and Evan bit the dust in Antwerp. April would take the physical detour whereas Sarah would take the puzzle detour. I'd assume they'd be fairly okay with both sides and they'd check in middle of the pack. It is KOR.
Leg 8 : Another alternate scenario has come up. It depends on whether or not April and Sarah have feuded with anyone or posed as a threat, so assuming they don't get u-turned they'd take the wheel detour and then for some weird reason they'd do great at the singing task and check in at a high point.
Leg 9 : Assuming these 2 have no passport drama they'd run a normal leg, but due to it being self-driving and literally all the other teams struggling I'd assume that they'd either be tied with them or be dead last. Taking the latter, they'd check in 4th due to Lucas losing his passport.
Leg 10 : They would take the elephants detour and would probably fight during the measurements and calculations, and I feel that Sarah would have done the RB, but with Henry and Evan gone they'd most probably come in last on NEL.
Leg 11 : Assuming they get a good cab driver, they'd finish speed bump and then go to the crabs detour. Like all other teams they'd struggle initially but I feel that they'd beat Kristi and Jen. The roadblock is where I wonder how things would go - I mean even Kristi said that she found it physically exhausting and I feel that April would struggle. However, they would all catch up at Lan Kwai Fong, and assuming that April and Sarah would solve by permutation-combination, they'd beat out Alex and Conor, getting into F3!
Leg 12 : Like the other teams they wouldn't bother checking the no. of homeruns, so they'd fall behind, and they would take a long time to do the roadblock - but they would make up time on the fortune cookies. I feel that they would definitely struggle on the final task and assuming that they don't try out Jessica's elimination method and they don't have an analytical mind like Jen (2 left wings on a plane :nono2:) they would place 2ND!!!

This is purely hypothetical though...

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1794 on: March 03, 2018, 01:19:28 PM »
What. If. Misa. and. Maiya. Saw. Phil. At. The. Pitstop.

How many of you would have been shocked to death that Joey and Danny are first ones eliminated?

TAR Canada 5 If Andrea & Ebonie didn't get lost in the way to the U-Turn board, who would be U-Turned in leg 6

I feel that Andrea & Ebonie would either u-turn Adam and & Andrea or Korey & Ivana, or they might even abstain from u-turning ? Idk, I would hope they make it big in the race, as by then they were the only FF standing.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1795 on: March 04, 2018, 04:35:04 AM »

What if TMZ and the Cheerleaders didn't have any problem on Leg 1, leaving Justin & Diana to take the 1st boot?
A similiar question for leg 1 TAR 30, what if ring girls and yoga moms didn't have any problem on Leg 1, leaving Cedric & Shawne to take the 1st boot?
Season 30 might be better

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1796 on: March 04, 2018, 06:49:52 AM »

A similiar question for leg 1 TAR 30, what if ring girls and yoga moms didn't have any problem on Leg 1, leaving Cedric & Shawne to take the 1st boot?
Season 30 might be better

UGH YES Cedric and Shawn were such an insufferable team I'm so glad they got out early. I cannot imagine what would have taken place if Cody and Jessica would have u-turned them - Remember in season 24 (ugh) when Brendan and Rachel u-turned Dave and Connor and the whole time Dave was just complaining about their audacity to u-turn a senior citizen? We would get a reenactment of that.

And YES PLEASE ! For Justin and Diana too! Diana was such a ... normal person! The way Justin treated the race... it seemed to me as if the only reason he got engaged to Diana was so that he could participate on the race. However season 27 was not that bad, and I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it if TMZ stayed, so...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1797 on: March 04, 2018, 07:45:51 AM »
What if Trevor & Chris survived Leg 6?
What if Eric & Daniel survived Leg 8?

Going back to a past season, what if Scott & Blair beat Tyler & Korey to the pit stop in Tbilisi, Georgia?

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1798 on: March 04, 2018, 08:29:40 AM »

Going back to a past season, what if Scott & Blair beat Tyler & Korey to the pit stop in Tbilisi, Georgia?
Trevor & Chris survived > Big Brother done in Prague
Twins still booted because of bad voices, while Ocean rescues' passport issue causing their downfall
Alex & Connor likely done in HK too, leaving WellStrung, Yale and extreme as final 3 > Yale winning

If Twins survived Zimbabwe,
Ocean Rescue / Indy car remained to be 5th and 4th,
Leaving Final 3 as Yale, Twins and Extreme,
Then a Yale win is expected

If Scott & Blair survived Georgia,
They are likely gone in Bali 1 due to the physical exhaustion.
Burnie & Ashley still u-turn Frisbee but Frisbee can now 2nd u-turn Dancers of Zach & Rachel (To keep underdog Sheri & Cole in the game), with Dancers likely being hit and eliminated in Bali 2
Shenzhen and LA is anybody's game

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1799 on: March 04, 2018, 08:36:33 AM »

Trevor & Chris survived > Big Brother done in Prague
Twins still booted because of bad voices, while Ocean rescues' passport issue causing their downfall
Alex & Connor likely done in HK too, leaving WellStrung, Yale and extreme as final 3 > Yale winning

If Twins survived Zimbabwe,
Ocean Rescue / Indy car remained to be 5th and 4th,
Leaving Final 3 as Yale, Twins and Extreme,
Then a Yale win is expected

If Scott & Blair survived Georgia,
They are likely gone in Bali 1 due to the physical exhaustion.
Burnie & Ashley still u-turn Frisbee but Frisbee can now 2nd u-turn Dancers of Zach & Rachel (To keep underdog Sheri & Cole in the game), with Dancers likely being hit and eliminated in Bali 2
Shenzhen and LA is anybody's game

For those in TAR30, it made me realize how the last 2 eliminations are pretty much set to stone. :funny: There was a season in which whatever what-if you ask, it only changes a few things because of the mishaps teams had in that season. I think it was TAR21.