Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 610615 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1250 on: November 29, 2014, 07:50:10 PM »
What if Adam and Bethany didn't go for the FF?

Kym and Allie has all the time to try the FF which they will most likely succeed.

Adam and Bethany gets U-TURNed by Amy and Maya and fall back behind.

Adam and Bethany gets eliminated.

Amy and Maya becomes Facebook most hated team.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1251 on: November 29, 2014, 07:56:48 PM »
Wow, TAR 25 Leg 9 provides so many What If scenarios...

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1252 on: November 30, 2014, 02:06:53 AM »
Wow, TAR 25 Leg 9 provides so many What If scenarios...

I strongly agree with that. :stare

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1253 on: November 30, 2014, 02:12:59 AM »
Another what if scenario for Leg 9 of TAR25:

If Kym & Alli did not do the FF...
1. They could win the leg (assuming they get good cabs) or finish in 2nd.
2. Amaya and Wrestlers most likely can not U-turn them (assuming Kym & Alli have been leading for the whole leg).
3. No Amaya vs Wrestlers due to the Cyclists being ahead.
4. Now if the surfers took the FF, Misti & Jim might use their Save.
And... there are a lot more possibilities. :stare (but the cyclists could've survived had they not taken it :( )

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1254 on: November 30, 2014, 02:45:33 AM »
??? Let's see:
Kym & Alli said to Amy & Maya and Brooke & Robbie that they would take the Fast Forward, but decided against it during the cab ride. I assume that they would get to the Roadblock in third (since they detoured away from Marina Bay Sands to get to Sentosa), where at least Brooke & Robbie would see them. This would alert both the wrestlers and scientists once all three teams hit the China Cups Detour.

Meanwhile, Adam & Bethany would attempt the Fast Forward and Misti & Jim would be currently in last.

Amy & Maya would get to the U-Turn board first and U-Turn Kym & Alli. If Brooke & Robbie didn't use the U-Turn (which is probably what would happen) Kym & Alli would then use their U-Turn on Misti & Jim, as they assumed the surfurs would at least try for the Fast Forward. This could put the Dentists in last, therefore using up the Save, and all five teams stay intact for at least another leg. This is also what would happen if Brooke & Robbie U-Turned Misti & Jim or Kym & Alli arrived at the board before Brooke & Robbie (this could happen as Brooke & Robbie took a while to check the Onward Singapore guy).

If Brooke & Robbie used the U-Turn on Adam & Bethany or Amy & Maya (Twinnie strategy!), Kym & Alli are guaranteed a last place finish and be eliminated.

??? Another situation: Kym & Alli never took to the Fast Forward. They would be in the top 3 with Amy & Maya and Brooke & Robbie for most of the leg. If they get to the U-Turn in first (as they are generally faster racers than the other two teams), they could use it on any of the three teams, but probably to Brooke & Robbie, as Amy & Maya are less threathening than the wrestlers, Misti & Jim have the Save, and they think Adam & Bethany took the Fast Forward. Brooke & Robbie would then U-Turn Misti & Jim. This scenario would be decided as who could get to the Merlion quicker after the two teams finish their second Detour.

If Misti & Jim are last, the Save is used. If Broke & Robbie are last, they are eliminated.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1255 on: November 30, 2014, 03:47:07 AM »
What If JaCara survive their eliminations on TAR18?? I mean I can see them going to Final 3 tbh

Leg 5 - Zev & Justin Eliminated
Leg 6 - It depends whether they remember the flavour of the tea or not, but I can't see them doing as bad as Luke, so Margie & Luke would most likely still be eliminated.
Leg 7 - I don't think they would have as much trouble at the RB as Ron, so Ron & Christina still eliminated.
Leg 8 - NEL
Leg 9 - This is a tricky one, because I would imagine Jaime & Cara would be in danger of being U-Turned, but if they complete the RB on the first try, then Cowboys would still be out.
Leg 10 - Can't call this Leg because it was so close.  If they survive here, I think it would be only barely.  Forgot Kent & Vyxsin had a penalty for taking a taxi. :lol:  Jaime & Cara would probably survive.
Leg 11 - As cheerleaders they would have no problem with the RB, but it would depend on whether they could beat the Globes, if the can they'll make the Final 3, and Globes will be out.
Leg 12 - Final 3 would be Jaime & Cara, Gary & Mallory and Kisha & Jen.  Hard to predict, but Kisha & Jen did so well that I don't think Jamie & Cara could win.
I think FT/BE would U-turn Jaime/Cara in leg 9 and Cowboys saved,
F3 would be Kisha/Jen, Gallory and FT/BE or cowboys
if cowboys win TAR 18, who would be called back to TAR 24

Offline aryantsoeseno

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1256 on: November 30, 2014, 04:06:17 AM »
What if Adam and Bethany didn't go for the FF?
- if that case, Adam-Bethany would meet the rest of teams such as scientists & wrestlers or the Dentists at Detour. This will definitely make your "what if" #3 won't happened, coz the scientists(if arrived 1st) will not U-Turn the Surfers, right?  instead the scientist will target the wrestlers  :conf: #IMO   
Kym and Allie has all the time to try the FF which they will most likely succeed.

Adam and Bethany gets U-TURNed by Amy and Maya and fall back behind.

Adam and Bethany gets eliminated.

Amy and Maya becomes Facebook most hated team.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1257 on: November 30, 2014, 04:36:32 AM »
Why won't the Scientists U-TURN Adam and Bethany lol

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1258 on: November 30, 2014, 12:09:07 PM »
What If Tim and Te Jay won the first leg... and the SAVE PASS?

Online Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1259 on: November 30, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
What If Tim and Te Jay won the first leg... and the SAVE PASS?
Wrestlers eliminated Leg 8 if that's how it works
Leg 9:
Surfers win due to FF
Amaya 2nd  :conf:
Tim & Te Jay 3rd (they would presumably be on the earlier flight)
Dentists 4th
Kym & Alli still eliminated
OR
No one eliminated in Leg 8
Leg 9:
No change except for Tim & Te Jay probably getting third (if earlier flight)/fourth that leg, Amaya 5th, Kym & Alli eliminated  :'(
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1260 on: December 03, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »
What if T&TJ had the Save? ???

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1261 on: December 03, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »

From my perspective: the Save turns an elimination leg into a NEL (rather than keeping yourself in the Race but eliminating the team that checked in before you), since Phil gave the Save back to the Dentists on a NEL...

So:
Leg 8: T&TJ NEL'd. Pre-determined NEL; the Save was handed back to them.
Leg 9: Pretty sure they would have survived their NEL without coming in last/using the Save.
Leg 10: ?
Leg 11: ?
Leg 12: ?

The Save was dumb.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1262 on: December 04, 2014, 01:50:01 AM »

leg 8 = they stay in
leg 9 = they wouldn't go for the fast forward so they stay
leg 10 = wouldn't be a non elim so they could go here but who knows

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1263 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:26 AM »
The Save was dumb.

The Save and The Hazard would make a good couple.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1264 on: December 06, 2014, 09:08:55 PM »
if Bates lost their passport in Germany among the stolen luggage, Hockey bros eliminated in Germany and then Carol Jen ousted in Northern Ireland, F3 would be Mona Beth, Matie and Youtube
Youtube have a chance to win and was not called back to TAR 24, who would be in this place?
if Jeremy /Sandy was called back to TAR 24 instead of Youtube, what would happen

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1265 on: December 07, 2014, 03:46:01 AM »
if Bates lost their passport in Germany among the stolen luggage, Hockey bros eliminated in Germany and then Carol Jen ousted in Northern Ireland, F3 would be Mona Beth, Matie and Youtube
Youtube have a chance to win and was not called back to TAR 24, who would be in this place?
if Jeremy /Sandy was called back to TAR 24 instead of Youtube, what would happen

Brenchel would be in last place in Sabah. Rachel meltdown at mat and destroys Phil's eardrums. Rest of season cancelled and All-Stars is delayed with a better cast.  :funny:

No seriously, I think Brenchel would be out... how season will unfold...

Leg 4: Jeremy & Sandy NEL
Leg 5: No changes as Neobie eliminates Margie & Luke.
Leg 6: Caroline & Jen struggle
Leg 7 onwards: I don't know.

What if Jessica & John used the Express Pass in Bali and Dave & Connor didn't injure themselves? Who would replace them in All-Stars?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1266 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:02 AM »

Brenchel would be in last place in Sabah. Rachel meltdown at mat and destroys Phil's eardrums. Rest of season cancelled and All-Stars is delayed with a better cast.  :funny:

No seriously, I think Brenchel would be out... how season will unfold...

Leg 4: Jeremy & Sandy NEL
Leg 5: No changes as Neobie eliminates Margie & Luke.
Leg 6: Caroline & Jen struggle
Leg 7 onwards: I don't know.

What if Jessica & John used the Express Pass in Bali and Dave & Connor didn't injure themselves? Who would replace them in All-Stars?

Brenchel getting the 9th place curse then. :funny:

If that's what happened in TAR22:
Leg 4:
~Chynona out in 9th.
Leg 5:
~Everybody wants to U-turn YouTube and Roller Derby Moms, but since JJ's there, everybody would most likely get them instead.
~Let's say JJ didn't have a good leg (at the back of the pack) and were U-turned.
~YouTube would've been 2nd to the U-turn. Let's say they U-turn a weak team like CaroJen so that JJ can catch up and no one could Roller Derby at that point.
~CaroJen's U-turn alliance lives while they themselves get kicked out.
Leg 6:
~Maxie NEL'd.
Leg 7:
~Pwinnie detour fiasco. (Still memorable to me. :hrt: ) [Scenario 1]
~Or, JJ can end up losing with directions? [Scenario 2]

Scenario 1: (Pwinnie out in 7th)
Leg 8:
~Without Chynona, everybody would be in the same level, but let's assume YouTube ended their race here.
Leg 9:
~Roller Derby NEL'd.
Leg 10:
~JJ and Roller Derby gets U-turned. Roller Derby most likely gets U-turned out.
Leg 11:
~F4: Maxie, Hockey Bros, JJ, D&C
~Assuming D&C are strong until the final leg, JJ is out here.
~Actually, it's hard to predict from this point. :lol:

Scenario 2: (JJ out in 7th)
Leg 8:
~YouTube in 6th like Scenario 1.
Leg 9:
~Roller Derby NEL'd like Scenario 1.
Leg 10:
~Without JJ, Roller Derby is the only U-turn target.
~Roller Derby U-turned out.
Leg 11:
~Most likely Pwinnie is out here. :lol:

So it becomes:
9th: Chynona (9th place curse is because a team passed them because of the EP. :lol: )
8th: CaroJen
7th: Pwinnie / JJ
6th: YouTube
5th: Roller Derby
4th: JJ / Pwinnie (but either are hard to predict)
F3: D&C, Hockey Bros, Maxie

Whether JJ ends up in 4th or 7th, they will most likely return for all-stars. :lol: But with a different elimination scenario, they will most likely be liked instead of hated in TAR24. :lol:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1267 on: December 08, 2014, 01:48:29 AM »
I miss giving what if scenarios. :lol:

What if there are no EPs?
17: Jill & Thomas unaffected
18: Gary & Mallory unaffected
19: Ernie & Cindy unaffected
20: What if Dave & Rachel got a devastating (but awesome) 9th place curse? :funny: How would the rest of the race go?
21: Nadiya & Natalie unaffected
22: Jessica & John unaffected :funny:
22: Dave & Connor loses 1st, but still stays for that leg
23: Tim & Marie might get U-turned, but still stays in the race
23: Travis & Nicole unaffected
24: Jet & Cord unaffected
24: What would happen if CaroJen was out in 10th? How would Mark & Mallory do after that? The rest of the race?
25: Adam & Bethany loses 1st, but stays for that leg

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1268 on: December 08, 2014, 02:32:16 AM »
in TAR 19 if Laurence/Zac U-turned Jeremy/Sandy instead Amani/Marcus, would Justin/Jennifer have a chance to survive (Dating couple was unknown JJ siblings behind them and not u-turn anyone

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1269 on: December 08, 2014, 12:27:36 PM »
If Caroline & Jennifer went out , Mark & Mallory would :

Survive Leg 3 as Meghan & Joey did really bad.
Leg 4 NEL
Survive Leg 5 as Margie & Luke did really bad.
Leg 6 NEL
Leg 7 i have no idea. They could be out.
-------------------------
If they pass Leg 7...

Survive Leg 8 since FT & BE did bad and they would never be uturned.
Leg 9 NEL
Survive Leg 10 since Cowboys were uturned and no one would uturn them.
Eliminated - Leg 11 in 4th place.

That's what i believe.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Pi

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #1270 on: December 09, 2014, 09:28:14 PM »
What if Travis & Nicole had not gotten the help from Jason & Amy? They would have been out with the Angklung in leg 9 making the F4 Afghanimals/Ice Girls/Jamy/Tim & Marie. In leg 10, the Ice Girls would fall way behind at the cobra/egg RB, but would probably do the makeup challenge in about ten seconds, meaning that they win the leg. In leg 11, Afghanimals would stay at goldfish detour to watch ice girls in swimsuits and would therefore waste an hour and lose all concentration. Final three: Ally/Ashley, Tim/Marie and Jason/Amy. Jamy arguably have an easier time winning. So, should they have helped Travis & Nicole?
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1271 on: December 10, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »
What if all the yields were Uturns

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1272 on: December 12, 2014, 03:56:16 AM »
1. What if starting from TAR 17, prize for 2nd place in first leg was second Express Pass, but prize for 1st place in first leg were same. So 2 Express Pass were given to 2 different teams.
2. What if Mary & Peach from TAR 2 were in TAR 11?
3. What if Tian & Jaree were in TAR 3?
4. What if Danielle & Dani were in TAR 10 and Dustin & Kandice were in TAR 9?
5. What if in TAR 15 Leg 6, Mika was able to overcome his fear of water then enter the waterslide, then check in 6th place and eliminate Harlem Globetrotters?
6. What if Jonathan & Victoria and Colin & Christie were in TAR 11 together with Dustin & Kandice, Charla & Mirna, and Rob & Amber? That would make huge drama.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #1273 on: December 12, 2014, 04:14:10 AM »
1. What if starting from TAR 17, prize for 2nd place in first leg was second Express Pass, but prize for 1st place in first leg were same. So 2 Express Pass were given to 2 different teams.

TAR17 - No actual race effect. Probably going to be used in Leg 3.
TAR18 - Amanda & Kris survive the U-Turn since they don't waste time (I think), Ron/Chris eliminated. I'm not sure how far they'll go. I suspect either 7th or F3 from them surprisingly. (Mel & Mike, Jaime & Cara, Margie & Luke, Jet & Cord, Kent & Vyxsin and Zev & Justin have MAJOR problems in their elimination leg. The only real chance they'll be eliminated is in Varanasi)
TAR19 - No actual race effect. Jeremy & Sandy might use it in either Leg 5 or Leg 8.
TAR20 - No actual race effect. Rachel is too unpredictable to determine when it will be used.
TAR21 - No actual race effect. Amy & Daniel get WAY too lost on Leg 2, which makes them the FIRST team ever to get eliminated with an Express Pass. (They can use it, but it won't have any effect I think.)
TAR22 - 3 Express Passes now! No actual race effect, still. Hockey Bros probably use it to secure their Leg 8 win.
TAR23 - No actual race effect. Tim & Marie probably won't give the second EP to the Doctors since they'll already have one, so I feel like they give it to Jason & Amy.
TAR24 - No actual race effect, other than Brenchel probably not getting NEL'd on Leg 4 (I feel like they'll use it there.)
TAR25 - No actual race effect, if Tim & Te Jay can actually hold on to the Express Pass. They could save themselves on Leg 8 with it.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1274 on: December 12, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
TAR17 - No actual race effect. Probably going to be used in Leg 3.
TAR18 - Amanda & Kris survive the U-Turn since they don't waste time (I think), Ron/Chris eliminated. I'm not sure how far they'll go. I suspect either 7th or F3 from them surprisingly. (Mel & Mike, Jaime & Cara, Margie & Luke, Jet & Cord, Kent & Vyxsin and Zev & Justin have MAJOR problems in their elimination leg. The only real chance they'll be eliminated is in Varanasi)
TAR19 - No actual race effect. Jeremy & Sandy might use it in either Leg 5 or Leg 8.
TAR20 - No actual race effect. Rachel is too unpredictable to determine when it will be used.
TAR21 - No actual race effect. Amy & Daniel get WAY too lost on Leg 2, which makes them the FIRST team ever to get eliminated with an Express Pass. (They can use it, but it won't have any effect I think.)
TAR22 - 3 Express Passes now! No actual race effect, still. Hockey Bros probably use it to secure their Leg 8 win.
TAR23 - No actual race effect. Tim & Marie probably won't give the second EP to the Doctors since they'll already have one, so I feel like they give it to Jason & Amy.
TAR24 - No actual race effect, other than Brenchel probably not getting NEL'd on Leg 4 (I feel like they'll use it there.)
TAR25 - No actual race effect, if Tim & Te Jay can actually hold on to the Express Pass. They could save themselves on Leg 8 with it.

Agree all of them, but for TAR20:
TAR20 -  Still no actual race effect. Davechel still use EP on their disastrous Leg 3 Detour. Brenchel might use on Leg 4 Detour (Salami Detour) and we'll not have Rachel's infamous breakdown (TAR is supposed to be fun and good~  :'( ) :lol:
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.