Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603467 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2011, 01:32:37 AM »
Mika & Canaan probably could've made the Final Four, but I don't think they would make the Final Three. If the Globetrotters weren't in TAR18, I'd be guessing that they would be replaced by Toni & Dallas from TAR13. But since there were already four parent/child teams on TAR18, maybe they would'nt bring Toni & Dallas back, in which case it might be Azaria & Hendekea from TAR12? :cmas5

It's pretty difficult to say how either of those teams would do, but I imagine that they'd make it through the first 6-7 legs, at least.

What if Azaria & Hendekea were given a NEL in Croatia, and the next leg in Italy was an elimination leg instead? How do you think the rest of the race would work out? (TAR12)

AH would have make it to the Final,taking Kynt/Vyxsin in 5 place and TK/Rachel in 4 place.

Then,RonTina would have won the million i think!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2011, 01:33:08 AM »
What if Jeremy and Sandy got sent home on the 5th leg? How far would Liz and Marie make it?

Seriously? Imagine them carring the heavy tobacco bale,and the bed!

I thought the same. Once I saw the first Malawi leg I immediately thought: "This is not made for weak F/F teams". But it WAS a NEL, and if Jennifer had made the same mistake in Malawi 2, maybe the twins could have been 6th and keep on running. Who knows.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2011, 01:34:53 AM »

Then,RonTina would have won the million i think!

I seriously doubt it. Christina was in first at the Roadblock but got pissed and passed by Rachel. I think they wouldn't have made it against Azaria & Hendekea, who are presumably more intelligent than TK & Rachel.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2011, 01:37:20 AM »
What if Jeremy and Sandy got sent home on the 5th leg? How far would Liz and Marie make it?

Seriously? Imagine them carring the heavy tobacco bale,and the bed!

I thought the same. Once I saw the first Malawi leg I immediately thought: "This is not made for weak F/F teams". But it WAS a NEL, and if Jennifer had made the same mistake in Malawi 2, maybe the twins could have been 6th and keep on running. Who knows.

Good point Dave! I have not thinked this way yet.

What if Louie and Michael choosed to uturn Steve/Allie instead of Joe/Heidi?

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:51 AM »

I'd be happier. I couldn't stand Joe in the Elimination Station talking time after time of their U-Turn. :lol:

I think Steve & Allie could have passed it, just IMHO.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2011, 01:47:42 AM »
What if Azaria & Hendekea were given a NEL in Croatia, and the next leg in Italy was an elimination leg instead? How do you think the rest of the race would work out? (TAR12)

In that case, Azaria & Hendekea win TAR12. They were the strongest team in that season by far and really only lost because of their flight mistake in Lithuania.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2011, 01:49:20 AM »

Steve & Allie seemed intelligent enough to solve the Morse Code, but if that Detour cost them a lot of time, then they might have still been eliminated on Leg 6 instead (with Jordan & Jeff leaving on Leg 5).

What if Terence & Sarah did not attempt the Fast Forward in Kazakhstan, and did not waste time by going there? Would they beat Andrew & Dan in Kazakshtan, and since Toni & Dallas lost their passports in Russia, would they win the Final Leg?
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2011, 05:47:03 AM »

Steve & Allie seemed intelligent enough to solve the Morse Code, but if that Detour cost them a lot of time, then they might have still been eliminated on Leg 6 instead (with Jordan & Jeff leaving on Leg 5).

What if Terence & Sarah did not attempt the Fast Forward in Kazakhstan, and did not waste time by going there? Would they beat Andrew & Dan in Kazakshtan, and since Toni & Dallas lost their passports in Russia, would they win the Final Leg?

This would be very interesting, because I read somewhere that Terence & Sarah made the mistake of flying via Moscow to Kazakhstan, and thus when it come to decoy running, they were not allowed into the country (someone can double check). If you go to Wiki,

Leg 11 was the final leg of The Amazing Race 13. The five sequestered teams arrived in Portland, Oregon, where they checked in to a hotel and were reunited with Terence and Sarah.

They would have easily made final 3 otherwise, and probably would have given the other two teams a run for their money.

What if Mel/Mike had been replaced by either Brook/Claire or Toni/Dallas for Unfinished Business?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2011, 05:52:49 AM »
Both Brook & Claire and Toni & Dallas would've been quite formidable on Unfinished Business. I envisage that they would safely overcome the Australia legs, where Amanda & Kris would go home, and in Japan, Jaime & Cara would unfortunately leave. :cmas4 This means that Zev & Justin are most probably gone in China, unless the new team struggled at the dinosaurs? :cmas5 I think Margie & Luke would still be eliminated in Kolkata, as Luke seemed to struggle with the tea.

From Varanasi onwards, it is quite difficult to predict what would happen, but I imagine that Brook & Claire would stand a good shot at Final Five or more, and maybe Toni & Dallas as well. :cmas5

What if Gallory had beaten Nat & Kat in Oman? How does the rest of the race work out? Who uses the Double U-Turn in Bangladesh and who goes home? Who leaves in South Korea? And who will win, in your opinion?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2011, 09:18:41 AM »

This would be very interesting, because I read somewhere that Terence & Sarah made the mistake of flying via Moscow to Kazakhstan, and thus when it come to decoy running, they were not allowed into the country (someone can double check). If you go to Wiki,

Leg 11 was the final leg of The Amazing Race 13. The five sequestered teams arrived in Portland, Oregon, where they checked in to a hotel and were reunited with Terence and Sarah.

They would have easily made final 3 otherwise, and probably would have given the other two teams a run for their money.

What if Mel/Mike had been replaced by either Brook/Claire or Toni/Dallas for Unfinished Business?

So that was why Kelly and Christy were heavily doing decoy business and even filmed in the process? :cmaslol

I think Terence and Sarah could have given Nick and Starr a good run for their money AND even win. They should have been on Unfinished Business, or Ken and Tina.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »
I know, I would rather have seen Terrence and Sarah or Toni and Dallas on UB rather than Mel and Mike
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »
I know, I would rather have seen Terrence and Sarah or Toni and Dallas on UB rather than Mel and Mike

I'm actually okay with Mel and Mike. But Amanda and Kris... Zev and Justin??? -.-

Teams who didn't make it past the F6 should not have been even considered for Unfinished Business! :cmas10

What if each season only allowed TWO TEAMS from TAR 12 - TAR 17 and a total of 12 teams chosen, which two teams from each season do you think would have made it?

My own personal choice would be -
Ron/Chris and Kent/Vyxsin - TAR 12
Ken/Tina and Terence/Sarah OR Toni/Dallas - TAR 13
Jaime/Cara OR Kisha/Jen and Margie/Luke - TAR 14
FT/BE and Brian/Ericka OR Maria/Tiffany - TAR 15
Carol/Brandy and Jet/Cord - TAR 16
Brooke/Claire (who sadly can't make it) and Gary/Mallory - TAR 17

This could have been an epic cast. Of course about 7 teams got chosen from above.. I just wished they didn't pick teams like Zev/Justin, Amanda/Kris and Mel/Mike (am fine with Kisha and Jen) but went with some of my picks above. Especially TAR 13! It may have been a really boring season but hey... they have good teams!

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
What if season 8 was the All-Stars season?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2011, 11:54:18 AM »
Oh dear. We wouldn't have David and Mary and Dustin and Kandice... and Eric and Danielle.

Maybe we will have Linda and Karen, Flo and Zach (they only wanted Flo and Drew to be the mixed team) and Flo honoured Zach by ONLY agreeing to racing with Zach and no one else :cmas16 :cmas17 maybe Colin and Christie (who haven't got pregnant yet MAYBE) and perhaps, Meredith and Gretchen... who weren't too old yet. :cmaslol

Wow. So many great teams!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
Season 6 Leg 6.
What if the Hungarian National Water Polo Team actually tried to stop a goal and made more then just a splash.  Maybe Guss and Hera would have survived the leg. Freddi and Kendra would have lost, and the entire ender would have been different.

This leg always killed me, after the screwy first half of the  now super leg, we have the odd Detour int the second half.

If my memory is correct, it was a choose between scoring two goals against the Hungarian Olympic Water Polo team. Or Paddle across the Danube river. Guss and Hear, astutely in my opinion, thought it would be way to hard to take on an Olympic Water Polo team. Everyone else chose Polo and the Olympians barely splashed them. All the other teams finished it super quickly, and Guss and Hera found themselves behind and were eliminated.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:14 PM »
Gus and Hera did not take long to cross the Danube. What killed them was that on the other side I believe they were further away from the pit stop than the other teams and, most of all, they started the DETOUR in last place.

paldog123456

« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2011, 05:38:25 PM »
What if TAR 17, leg 6 (the first leg in St. Petersburg) didn't have so many mistakes by the judges at the Detour?

Would Nick and Vicki be last, or have a Speed Bump?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
What if TAR 17, leg 6 (the first leg in St. Petersburg) didn't have so many mistakes by the judges at the Detour?

Well, they might still have been in last place but the Speed Bump would definitely have been there for them (or for whichever team came in last).  But Michael & Kevin would probably still have been eliminated due to the fact that Reading is Fundamental -- and they failed to realize that.

Belle Book

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2011, 07:12:25 PM »

Well, they might still have been in last place but the Speed Bump would definitely have been there for them (or for whichever team came in last).

Belle Book

Wasen't it supposed to be an elimination leg??? :cmas5

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2011, 07:15:05 PM »

Well, they might still have been in last place but the Speed Bump would definitely have been there for them (or for whichever team came in last).

Belle Book

Wasen't it supposed to be an elimination leg??? :cmas5
No, Nick & Vicki just didn't get a Speed Bump because they got the correct answer, but the judges said it was incorrect.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »
The next leg was one of the most exciting legs with nearly all 7 teams within moments from each other at the pitstop. :cmaslol

Kevin and Michael would have gone home anyway

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »
What if the first flight of Season 18 was REALLY the first flight?

Zev/Justin would have won the express pass,letting them more confortable in China!

And Gary/Mallory...how do you think they would handle the Dinossaur Roadblock in China?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2011, 08:01:29 AM »

Zev/Justin would have won the express pass,letting them more confortable in China!

And Gary/Mallory...how do you think they would handle the Dinossaur Roadblock in China?

Interesting one! I think Gallory might have struggled, but they'd definitely beat Jaime & Cara, who took several hours, if I remember correctly.

Then the rest of the race probably would'nt have any significant changes, as there was an equaliser on the next leg anyway.

What if the Black Family got to the first Pit Stop ahead of the Linz Family? How do the subsequent legs pan out? :cmas5

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »
I agree with racer. Cara took 4 hours at the Dinosaur ROADBLOCK. I expect that Gary and Mallory could easily have stayed ahead of them.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2011, 01:37:55 PM »

Interesting one! I think Gallory might have struggled, but they'd definitely beat Jaime & Cara, who took several hours, if I remember correctly.

Then the rest of the race probably would'nt have any significant changes, as there was an equaliser on the next leg anyway.

What if the Black Family got to the first Pit Stop ahead of the Linz Family? How do the subsequent legs pan out? :cmas5

Bransen or Godlewski MIGHT win. I think. It's going to really shake things up. Sometimes I do wonder if teams who won in the end.. what if they didn't get a lucky break from near elimination. For example Linz, or Dan and Jordan for several times, Chip and Kim, Flo and Zach, Chris and Alex, BJ and Tyler, Eric and Danielle, Tammy and Victor, Nat and Kat... they are all teams who had a lucky break!

I wondered if Brad and Victoria manage to catch their plane and definitely eliminating Victor and Tammy who got lost for hours, would Kisha and Jen have made the final three and possibly win? :cmas5