Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603500 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1075 on: April 20, 2014, 08:00:31 AM »
We know from post-race interviews that Margie & Luke did not complete the Detour or Roadblock of Leg 5 because it was too late for them to perform any of the tasks.

But what if one of the other teams had lost their passport right before the Pit Stop? (Say some jerk robbed them) As seen with James & Abba, this would put this team in last place instead of Margie & Luke. But what about all the tasks they didn't do?

What would happen on this and the next leg?
another question arose, in leg 3 of TAR 23 in Portugal if one of eight team had lost their passport before the pitstop, Would NFL have a chance to complete any task?

They would beat Joe & Bill and Eric & Danielle's record for being the furthest behind (at least minimum 34 hours behind, assuming that they were a day behind everyone else and including possible penalties assuming they couldn't do tasks.)

Heck the team that lost the passports will probably get passports back first from the US embassy.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1076 on: April 20, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
Umm... What if Nicky & Kim chose the easier detour in Leg 4?

It is a KOR leg, so nothing will change, only they will get a higher placing.

What if Tim & Marie used their Express Pass in Leg 3, will they get u-turned in Leg 5? If so, will Brandon & Adam stay in the race?
Most likely if The Exes completed the Polka task and ended behind the afganimals, in this case Afganimals would likely U-turn the Exes because the exes took the cab in leg 1, Brandam would survive to F4 (Tim & Danny can't sing in leg 6, the Ice girls ousted in leg 8 and the ER Doctors may went home in Indonesia 1)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1077 on: April 20, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »
A TAR16 and TAR24 scenario (non-Cowboys question): Jody did not get kicked in the head by a cow, her and Shannon were able to outrun the detectives to the Pit Stop, then got far enough to be in all-stars (24).

If Jody & Shannon had made the season instead of Caroline & Jennifer, how far would they have gotten if good road vehicle luck is granted on their side meaning they don't get lost or suffer a car malfunction?
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1078 on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:12 PM »
What if Dave never injured his Achilles?
We would have never had to suffer through him on All-Stars.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1079 on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »
We would have never had to suffer through him on All-Stars.

THIS. I hate them so much. Hated them on TAR22, hate them even more now.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1080 on: April 21, 2014, 07:42:34 AM »
if Jet & Cord won TAR 16, who should be called back to UB
If it has to be from TAR 16, then I want Brent & Caite. But, I guess lesbian couple will be called back.

I felt Joe & Heidi were the most deserving team to return for UB, because they were doing great and then the U-Turn happened and that was it for them.
As well as being a much more likeable team than the lesbians, even with Joe's over cockiness.
:hearts: Jody & Shannon, hands down, would have come back! :hearts: If the cow hadn't thrown a temper tantrum and kicked Jody in the head, they would have gotten 9th in the second Chile leg and changed the face of the race by eliminating the detectives.

But on a realer note, I think Ellen Wannabes (Carol & Brandy) would have returned? I really don't know, since they were strongly disliked by viewers during TAR16's airing and Toni & Dallas don't seem likely due to so many parent/child teams that season.

I think Joe & Heidi and Jody & Shannon are great teams. I agree with Joe & Heidi being UB-worthy. Jody & Shannon will most likely have a low chance of being in all-stars, but I'd love to see them in all-stars.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1081 on: April 21, 2014, 07:52:03 AM »
They'll definitely go far. Chynona will finish in 8th, Pwinnie will finish in 7th. YouTube will most likely have bad luck not finding a cab and will finish in 6th. By this time, since YouTube is gone, the surviving team from the small alliance will probably get on the same flight as all the other teams, but with the speedbump (and a possible U-turn), I think Roller Derby will have to end their race in 5th. CaroJen still finish in 4th. For the final leg, I can't be accurate, but I think Hockey Bros are luckier to win the race. If they don't win, they still have a slim chance for all-stars.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1082 on: April 21, 2014, 07:58:50 AM »
A TAR16 and TAR24 scenario (non-Cowboys question): Jody did not get kicked in the head by a cow, her and Shannon were able to outrun the detectives to the Pit Stop, then got far enough to be in all-stars (24).

If Jody & Shannon had made the season instead of Caroline & Jennifer, how far would they have gotten if good road vehicle luck is granted on their side meaning they don't get lost or suffer a car malfunction?

Show content
Leg 1: Twinnies will be working with Afghanimals during this time since CaroJen is not around to pull the Twinnies down. Frankly, I don't think Grandma will make it past this leg. :( It's not about lick in vehicles, but I think it's the luck from the Canton Tower bubbles.
Leg 2: Mark & Mallory eliminated. Cowboys still have their 2nd EP.
Leg 3: YouTube got really bad luck.
Leg 4: NEL
Leg 5: Margie & Luke got terrible luck with the flights.
Leg 6: NEL, Globetrotters will probably arrive last.
Leg 7: JJ got bad cab luck.
Leg 8: Globes will be too far behind.
F5: Twinnies, Dave & Connor, Cowboys, Brenchel, Afghanimals

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1083 on: April 21, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
TAR22: What if the Blind W-turn was in Leg 4 instead of Leg 5? (Note: CaroJen still haven't had the big alliance formed during this time.)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1084 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:12 AM »
TAR22: What if the Blind W-turn was in Leg 4 instead of Leg 5? (Note: CaroJen still haven't had the big alliance formed during this time.)

Jess & John would be a target due to having the EP, but Mona & Beth or Youtube could be targeted as well.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1085 on: April 21, 2014, 05:05:20 PM »

Show content
Leg 1: Twinnies will be working with Afghanimals during this time since CaroJen is not around to pull the Twinnies down. Frankly, I don't think Grandma will make it past this leg. :( It's not about lick in vehicles, but I think it's the luck from the Canton Tower bubbles.
YES TWINNIES AND AFGHANIMALS IN F5! GO TWINNIES GO!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1086 on: April 21, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »

Show content
Aaaaw, I was hoping for them to screw everyone over and get multiple 1st place finishes. :funny: :funny: :funny:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1087 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:15 AM »
if Automatic U-Turn were used as a penalty for team finished last in NEL and Double U-turn featured in those legs after NEL ones became normal U-turn (Double U-turn still featured in other legs)
S23 Leg 8 two possible cases would occur (the bunnies girls got Auto U-turn
Ice girls eliminated in UAE because navigation problem, in leg 9 ER Doctors went home, Afganimals have NEL in leg 10 and ousted in leg 11, in final Nicky/Kim had a chance to win.
The bunnies girls ousted in UAE, nothing changed
S22 Leg 7 Maxie got U-turned and may be eliminated, then Chyona finished as 6th in Switzerland, then Mona/Beth or Pwinnie got NEL in Germany but in both cases the youtube ousted in leg 10, Pwinnie or CarolJens 4th, Hockey Bros still wins
Pwinnie went home in Botswana 2, nothing changed
S21 Beekman boys got auto U-turn in turkey and most likely ended at there, everything changed
in leg 7 and 8 Jabba ousted because passport lost
Leg 9 depends on leg 7, if the monster truck had an earlier flight, dating divorcees eliminated and later Nana would get NEL in leg 10 and eliminated in leg 11, the chips win a race
If the monster truck miss the flight to Moscow, they would likely end at Netherlands, the dating divorcees go to F3 and could win DYM
S20 Nothing changed!
S19 Because no detour in Thailand 2, marked for elimination was used as an alternate penalty
Leg 2 grandpa most likely got double elimination, I can't predict further

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1088 on: April 25, 2014, 05:11:22 AM »
What if Twinnies survived Leg 1 in TAR24?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1089 on: April 25, 2014, 05:50:42 AM »

They would survive past Sri Lanka :funny:, unless they had a bad Leg 2/3, which I could see happening...

What if flights were free and easy based on the information here http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/kevinmail25/tar24flightsfromkotatokl_zps18c64d31.jpg could there be a mix-up in positions and would Brenchel still be last?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1090 on: April 25, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
Youtube out Leg 1.
They would MOST LIKELY survive Legs 2 and 3. (Leg 2- Mark and Mallory eliminated and Leg 3 eliminates Brenchel)
Legs 4 and 6 are NELS, and Margie and Luke are too far behind in Leg 5.
I think they would survive Rome (JJ out) and Orvieto (They would beat the globetrotters)
They would make it to the F5, which is where we are now!
the F5 would be: Dave/Connor, Cowboys, Twinnies, Afghanimals, and Country Singers. Also, this would make TAR24 the first US season without a M/F team in the F6!
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1091 on: April 26, 2014, 04:28:07 AM »
They'll definitely go far. Chynona will finish in 8th, Pwinnie will finish in 7th. YouTube will most likely have bad luck not finding a cab and will finish in 6th. By this time, since YouTube is gone, the surviving team from the small alliance will probably get on the same flight as all the other teams, but with the speedbump (and a possible U-turn), I think Roller Derby will have to end their race in 5th. CaroJen still finish in 4th. For the final leg, I can't be accurate, but I think Hockey Bros are luckier to win the race. If they don't win, they still have a slim chance for all-stars.
IF Dave never injured his Achilles, Pwinnie might be received EP from Jessica/John and would use it in leg 7 detour (Maxie 7th) and went to the final.
And S22 were the first time in US Amazing race had 2 M/M and 1 F/F, Father/son cancer survivors had a chance to win and James/Abba called back to all-star.
And even Dave/Connor received the EP as alliance ideas, I think in leg 7 Pwinnie can avoid an uncorporative donkeys
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:34:53 AM by toanglobal »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1092 on: April 26, 2014, 06:38:05 AM »
IF Dave never injured his Achilles, Pwinnie might be received EP from Jessica/John and would use it in leg 7 detour (Maxie 7th) and went to the final.
And S22 were the first time in US Amazing race had 2 M/M and 1 F/F, Father/son cancer survivors had a chance to win and James/Abba called back to all-star.
And even Dave/Connor received the EP as alliance ideas, I think in leg 7 Pwinnie can avoid an uncorporative donkeys

No. Pwinnie will only receive the EP if Dave & Connor quitted before the 3rd leg.
James & Abba? Not necessarily. We could only wish for them to make it to all-stars though. :(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1093 on: April 26, 2014, 07:23:27 AM »
TAR6 Throwback:
What if Lena & Kristy and Mary Jean & Don found their "needle in a hay bale" (reference to Leg 3) 1st (sisters) and 2nd (grandparents)?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1094 on: April 26, 2014, 11:18:15 AM »
That's pretty hard to tell. :( Especially since it's a luck task.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #1095 on: April 26, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
That's pretty hard to tell. :( Especially since it's a luck task.

Yeap; but if we go with the check in order then Lori & Bolo eliminated in Sweden.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1096 on: April 28, 2014, 08:22:58 AM »
TAR22: What if the Swiss leg was a NEL, and the German leg was an EL?

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1097 on: April 28, 2014, 09:06:42 AM »
TAR22: What if the Swiss leg was a NEL, and the German leg was an EL?

It depends on whether Cynona could complete the Speed Bump fast enough, for argument sake, lets say the speed bump was quick to complete, then I would say Roller Derby out Leg 9.
Leg 10 - Youtube still U-Turned as Chynona wouldn't be seen as a big enough threat, and if I recall they were kinda in the Alliance that didn't like Youtube?  ??? Anywho, Youtube eliminated.
Leg 11 - Country eliminated. Chuck seems like he would've completed the Bog Snorkling easily, and Country were too far behind to catch up.
Final 3 - Max & Katie, Bates & Anthony, Chynona. All depends on luck at the Suitcase RB, but Hockey most likely still win.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:53:49 AM by nmccarroll91 »
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1098 on: April 28, 2014, 12:43:52 PM »
In Leg 11 Wynona probably would have to do the RB, not Chuck because of RB counts, so I think Chynona would be eliminated.

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1099 on: April 29, 2014, 08:32:03 AM »
In TAR23 leg3, What if Bunnies made an exchange with the Exes to give them the Express Pass and they will tell them how to get the name on the standby list earlier? Would Marie accept this offer? And could they go more further with the pass in their pack?

What if the double your money is back for Season 22-24 and the team that win Second leg got 2 express pass instead? This may change the entire race completely...