Author Topic: The Amazing Race: What If  (Read 603494 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: The Amazing Race: What If
« Reply #1050 on: April 04, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
Ah, darn it for spoilers that technically don't break the rules :C  (I don't watch the 'next time' previews)

So you're thinking penalties for Margie & Luke? But remember that in S23, half the teams could not perform the zipline in Santiago due to HoO, but I don't believe they got penalties.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1051 on: April 04, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »
Had a team lost their passport I think Margie & Luke would of been able to do the tasks as it was still daylight when they got to the Detour and in TARAus1 Trendy Connections was open for the night time Roadblock so they might of been able to do them had another team lost their passport.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1052 on: April 05, 2014, 12:54:57 AM »
They interviewed that they could not do the tasks because of "Logistics"
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1053 on: April 05, 2014, 01:49:29 AM »
But what if one of the other teams had lost their passport right before the Pit Stop? (Say some jerk robbed them) As seen with James & Abba, this would put this team in last place instead of Margie & Luke. But what about all the tasks they didn't do?

I am pretty sure all the other teams had already checked in by the time Margie & Luke arrived at the detour. So this was never an issue.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1054 on: April 05, 2014, 02:07:11 AM »
Ah, darn it for spoilers that technically don't break the rules :C  (I don't watch the 'next time' previews)

So you're thinking penalties for Margie & Luke? But remember that in S23, half the teams could not perform the zipline in Santiago due to HoO, but I don't believe they got penalties.

I was thinking it's going to be similar to Josh & Brent's penalty at the Synchronize Detour in Russia. They got 4 hours for not being able to finish the Detour, and maybe it's going to be the same if Margie & Luke can't even start due to HoO. And maybe a 3 hour penalty for a Roadblock.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1055 on: April 05, 2014, 02:58:26 AM »
But what if one of the other teams had lost their passport right before the Pit Stop? (Say some jerk robbed them) As seen with James & Abba, this would put this team in last place instead of Margie & Luke. But what about all the tasks they didn't do?

I am pretty sure all the other teams had already checked in by the time Margie & Luke arrived at the detour. So this was never an issue.

It's a possibility, perhaps the editing made things look different. ???

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1056 on: April 07, 2014, 09:17:04 PM »
in TAR 23 if leg 5 in Gdansk, Poland were self-driving leg, what happen for the U-turn board and who would be eliminated?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1057 on: April 07, 2014, 09:51:09 PM »
Hard to tell. :(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1058 on: April 07, 2014, 10:31:23 PM »
in TAR 23 if leg 5 in Gdansk, Poland were self-driving leg, what happen for the U-turn board and who would be eliminated?
This one's not really possible to answer since back in TAR11 when teams toured around Warsaw, Mirna encountered people who didn't understand English while other teams luckily found locals who spoke slightly or fluently. It suggests positions could change left and right without being at tasks due to the language barrier. Plus, take account of possibly being lost "forever" and even rarer cases of a car malfunction.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1059 on: April 15, 2014, 05:14:27 AM »
1)If TAR Producer didn't allow any teams to complete more than two seasons, who would be replace Jet & Cord, Herbert & Nathaniel and Mergie & Luke in place of All Stars 2 and who would replace Bopper & Mark when mallory ervin couldn't complete
I want Chester & Ephraim, James & Abba and Bill & Cathi (or Abbie & Ryan) returned
2)if Chester & Ephraim got an flight which landed in Portugal at 10:00 AM along with The Beards and the oklahoma but leg 3 swung to NEL/KOR leg and leg 4 became elimination leg, who would be U-turned in leg 5
in the case of baseball wives went home in Norway, who would be U-turned in leg 8
3)If the twin doctors choose take the trunk first therefore Pwinnie went home in Bora Bora 2, who would be U-turned in Vietnam and who boot in Botswana 2

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1060 on: April 15, 2014, 07:13:46 AM »
1)If TAR Producer didn't allow any teams to complete more than two seasons, who would be replace Jet & Cord, Herbert & Nathaniel and Mergie & Luke in place of All Stars 2 and who would replace Bopper & Mark when mallory ervin couldn't complete
I want Chester & Ephraim, James & Abba and Bill & Cathi (or Abbie & Ryan) returned

2)if Chester & Ephraim got an flight which landed in Portugal at 10:00 AM along with The Beards and the oklahoma but leg 3 swung to NEL/KOR leg and leg 4 became elimination leg, who would be U-turned in leg 5
in the case of baseball wives went home in Norway, who would be U-turned in leg 8

3)If the twin doctors choose take the trunk first therefore Pwinnie went home in Bora Bora 2, who would be U-turned in Vietnam and who boot in Botswana 2

1.) That'd depend... ???

2.) Bunnies would go home in F9. If ChesEph got lost in Poland, and if they fall to the back of the pack, they're done. If not, Brandam will still go home in F8. Now since I think ChesEph will survive, the F7 depends on their singing talent if they have any. They will survive F6 and Ice Girls go home. ER Docs go home in Indo. F4... it depends on the Afghanimals. So even if ChesEph got eliminated in 9th (and in a tragic way), I don't think they have a chance to win the race.

3.)If Pwinnie go home in Bora Bora, JJ go home with EP in Indo. For the Vietnam W-turn, YouTube will arrive at the W-turn first (since Pwinnie arrived at the W-turn first), so I think someone who doesn't know that YouTube passed the W-turn, will waste their U-turn power on YouTube. The 2nd U-turn slot is most likely for Roller Derby Moms, but it could also be skipped. There's a chance that the whole W-turn becomes wasted. In Botswana 2, it depends on Twin Docs' navigation skills. If they survive, Maxie is out in F7. Chynona will most likely finish in the F6. YouTube will still be eliminated with the W-turn in the F5. CaroJen go home in F4. I don't think Twin Docs could win this whole thing, but I think they have a chance of messing up in the Asain or African legs, so they might not make it past F7.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1061 on: April 17, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »
If The (Blind) Double U-Turn were introduced in TAR 16 leg 5 and leg 9, who would be U-turned in second slots and what happened for the entire race?
if Jet & Cord won TAR 16, who should be called back to UB

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1062 on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
If The (Blind) Double U-Turn were introduced in TAR 16 leg 5 and leg 9, who would be U-turned in second slots and what happened for the entire race?
First Question: Joe & Heidi would MOST LIKELY U-Turn Jordan/Jeff because they know that they're behind them. Jordan and Jeff most likely get eliminated in Leg 5. Due to being so far behind, Joe & Heidi would get eliminated in Leg 6. In Leg 9, Carol and Brandy would U-Turn Jet and Cord, eliminating the Cowboys. Louie and Michael would get eliminated in Shanghai. F3 would be Carol & Brandy, Brent and Caite, and Dan and Jordan. Dan and Jordan would still win.

If Jet and Cord won TAR16, I think that Toni and Dallas would get called back to UB and Brandon and Adam would get called back to All-Stars
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #1063 on: April 18, 2014, 10:51:39 AM »
If it has to be from TAR 16, then I want Brent & Caite. But, I guess lesbian couple will be called back.
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #1064 on: April 18, 2014, 07:15:40 PM »
If it has to be from TAR 16, then I want Brent & Caite. But, I guess lesbian couple will be called back.

I felt Joe & Heidi were the most deserving team to return for UB, because they were doing great and then the U-Turn happened and that was it for them.
As well as being a much more likeable team than the lesbians, even with Joe's over cockiness.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1065 on: April 18, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »

I felt Joe & Heidi were the most deserving team to return for UB, because they were doing great and then the U-Turn happened and that was it for them.
As well as being a much more likeable team than the lesbians, even with Joe's over cockiness.
:hearts: Jody & Shannon, hands down, would have come back! :hearts: If the cow hadn't thrown a temper tantrum and kicked Jody in the head, they would have gotten 9th in the second Chile leg and changed the face of the race by eliminating the detectives.

But on a realer note, I think Ellen Wannabes (Carol & Brandy) would have returned? I really don't know, since they were strongly disliked by viewers during TAR16's airing and Toni & Dallas don't seem likely due to so many parent/child teams that season.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1066 on: April 19, 2014, 02:36:17 AM »
1.What if Jason & Amy U-Turn Tim & Marie?
2.What if Caroline & Jennifer chose Titanic detour in Leg 11?
3.What if Joey & Meghan lost to oustskirts of town in Leg 8 and get too far from town and got stranded in a street miles away from border of town?
4.What if Nicky & Kim didn't switch Detour in Leg 4?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1067 on: April 19, 2014, 08:01:52 AM »
3.What if Joey & Meghan lost to oustskirts of town in Leg 8 and get too far from town and got stranded in a street miles away from border of town?
1. If its the Leg 8 U-Turn, I think that Afghanimals would be 3rd, Ice Queens 4th, Tim and Marie 5th, Nicky & Kim Last.
2. If Caroline and Jen did the Titanic Detour, they would still be eliminated.
3. Joey & Meghan eliminated 6th, Chuck & Wynona eliminated 5th. Country eliminated 4th. No change in the Final Result.
4. Nicky and Kim DIDN'T switch Detours in Leg 4. They just chose the longer Detour.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better; it's not" - The Lorax

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1068 on: April 19, 2014, 10:17:36 AM »
1. If its the Leg 8 U-Turn, I think that Afghanimals would be 3rd, Ice Queens 4th, Tim and Marie 5th, Nicky & Kim Last.
2. If Caroline and Jen did the Titanic Detour, they would still be eliminated.
3. Joey & Meghan eliminated 6th, Chuck & Wynona eliminated 5th. Country eliminated 4th. No change in the Final Result.
4. Nicky and Kim DIDN'T switch Detours in Leg 4. They just chose the longer Detour.

Maybe Roif456 means the switch in Leg8? If they didn't do the food prepare choice, which really time-consuming, they might arrive at the U-turn board earlier than Tim&Marie and can even U-turn Ice girl for safety?

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1069 on: April 19, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
Here's a BIG what if?

What if the routes for seasons 22 and 23 were swapped? By this I mean that the cast for season 22 would compete on the route from season 23, and vice versa. What would be the placings in each season? Who would be asked onto all-stars?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1070 on: April 19, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
Here's a BIG what if?

What if the routes for seasons 22 and 23 were swapped? By this I mean that the cast for season 22 would compete on the route from season 23, and vice versa. What would be the placings in each season? Who would be asked onto all-stars?
That's nearly impossible to tell since TAR22 has that sandcastle luck RB (anyone on TAR23 could be eliminated first, even the exes because teams were generally close together in Bora Bora) and TAR23's premiere placement order depended who got the earlier flight into Iquique from Santa Clarita via L.A.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1071 on: April 19, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
Umm... What if Nicky & Kim chose the easier detour in Leg 4?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1072 on: April 20, 2014, 06:02:23 AM »
We know from post-race interviews that Margie & Luke did not complete the Detour or Roadblock of Leg 5 because it was too late for them to perform any of the tasks.

What would happen on this and the next leg?
another question arose, in leg 3 of TAR 23 in Portugal if one of eight team had lost their passport before the pitstop, Would NFL have a chance to complete any task?

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1073 on: April 20, 2014, 06:51:08 AM »
We know from post-race interviews that Margie & Luke did not complete the Detour or Roadblock of Leg 5 because it was too late for them to perform any of the tasks.

What would happen on this and the next leg?
another question arose, in leg 3 of TAR 23 in Portugal if one of eight team had lost their passport before the pitstop, Would NFL have a chance to complete any task?
Maybe they could complete SOME of the tasks, but because it was so late they may have had to take penalties.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1074 on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:56 AM »
Umm... What if Nicky & Kim chose the easier detour in Leg 4?

It is a KOR leg, so nothing will change, only they will get a higher placing.

What if Tim & Marie used their Express Pass in Leg 3, will they get u-turned in Leg 5? If so, will Brandon & Adam stay in the race?