Author Topic: Ep 12 East Coast SHOW updates --FINALE **please read the rules**  (Read 70274 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep 12 East Coast SHOW updates --FINALE **please read the rules**
« Reply #175 on: December 12, 2011, 02:00:26 AM »
This finale was so underwhelming, IMO. Maybe if JS hadn't had gone to the real dump things might have gotten interesting...I'm going to nominate this leg as one of the least memorable ever.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #176 on: December 12, 2011, 02:03:55 AM »
This finale was so underwhelming, IMO. Maybe if JS hadn't had gone to the real dump things might have gotten interesting...I'm going to nominate this leg as one of the least memorable ever.

The only thing that comes even slightly close to this was the TAR16 finale for me.

This was truly a terrible leg.

And also, surely the people who wrote the clues realised that there was a place in Atlanta called 'The Dump'. Any reasonable person would surmise that 'The Dump' is where they needed to go, not a place from a book!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #177 on: December 12, 2011, 07:31:20 AM »
I actually liked this leg, as it seemed to be more in the hands of the racers, and less on the cab drivers. Or at least it appeared that way. Came down to going to the right "Dump".

While I like the idea of making the memorization challenge more physically demanding and not relying on notes, the map part just seemed too easy. Even Jeremy & Sandy got it quickly.

And have to admit, love the baseball part, involving the true home run king. Never thought this show would involve some baseball-related task.  :cmas22

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: December 12, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
I actually liked this leg, as it seemed to be more in the hands of the racers, and less on the cab drivers. Or at least it appeared that way. Came down to going to the right "Dump".

While I like the idea of making the memorization challenge more physically demanding and not relying on notes, the map part just seemed too easy. Even Jeremy & Sandy got it quickly.

And have to admit, love the baseball part, involving the true home run king. Never thought this show would involve some baseball-related task.  :cmas22

I completel agree with the memory challenge being too easy - it barely took 5 minutes for the two teams we saw, or so it appeared.

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but that clue was definitely the only part of this leg which I enjoyed! They had a baseball task on the Family Edition, but yeah, it was quite an interesting clue. Unfortunately, that was the only part of the leg which I liked.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2011, 07:51:47 AM »
It seems like I OVERestimated Amani and Marcus's ability. I thought their edit could mean they got a really decent 1st/2nd placing. :cmas11

Let's just say that Marcus got his butt kicked in by an opponent's defensive end, to use one of the football analogies Marcus was so fond of. When he braked just after landing in the simulator, he always (except on what looked like his 7th attempt) skidded off the runway to the right or to the left. Amani attributed it to the pressure of the situation. I believe it would have been a different result had Amani volunteered to be the captain, but that would not have been their way of handling that critical choice.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: December 12, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »
Ernie and Cindy...no comments. TAR19 < Bag of Crap.

Why? :cmas5 They were very deserving winners!

Yeah,but to me was the same feeling as when Dan and Jordan beated Jet and Cord.Just ew.

DecliveBL,
You can look at this however you wish. However, Dan/Jordan got their lucky break on the plane flight from Shanghai to San Francisco. Ernie/Cindy got their lucky break when Jeremy/Sandy went to the wrong "the Dump". Ernie/Cindy were steady at all tasks and quickest on the map challenge. They earned their victory (which many believe Dan/Jordan did not).

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2011, 08:06:10 AM »
Yeah,but to me was the same feeling as when Dan and Jordan beated Jet and Cord.Just ew.

I found Ernie and Cindy more bearable than Dan and Jordan, who are my least favorite winners ever. But yeah.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2011, 08:09:44 AM »
apskip, I respect your opinion fully, but in my personal opinion, it seemed as though Jeremy & Sandy were more quick than Ernie & Cindy at both the flight simulation and the typist challenge, and were only slightly slower at the map. (although editing may be deceptive as usual!)

Ernie & Cindy definitely got lucky with the whole 'The Dump' thing, but I felt as though that clue should've been expressed better, as it seemed too ambiguous compared to other 'riddles' in past seasons, such as the Quixote Studios riddle from TAR17 or the 'King of the Havanas' riddle from TAR7.

That's just my opinion - feel free to agree/disagree - but I personally felt that the clue was too ambiguous, and reading it myself, I would've gone to Jeremy & Sandy's place if I had been given a choice between the two. :cmas5

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2011, 08:16:06 AM »
..Good, but non exciting finale. It was over as soon as E/C did the flight task first, and Marcus and Amani were having problems.  It boiled down to Jeremy/Sandy and Ernie/Cindy, Lol.  To think no one wanted to spoil who won this race.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »

I found Ernie and Cindy more bearable than Dan and Jordan, who are my least favorite winners ever. But yeah.

I never thought I'd ever say this, but Freddy & Kendra have moved out of my 'Top Five Worst Winners of All-Time' List. Ernie & Cindy go on top, followed by Dan & Jordan, then Tammy & Victor, then Eric & Danielle and then either Chris & Alex/Reichen & Chip/Tyler & James in the fifth position - it's hard to pick one! :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2011, 08:25:53 AM »

This was truly a terrible leg.

And also, surely the people who wrote the clues realised that there was a place in Atlanta called 'The Dump'. Any reasonable person would surmise that 'The Dump' is where they needed to go, not a place from a book!

To be fair it was Jeremy's own fault that he wandered around in that store repeating "a former residence" over and over. :lol: The guy even told them it was a former Home Depot. :lol3: Poor decision making led to their loss.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2011, 08:31:42 AM »
apskip, I respect your opinion fully, but in my personal opinion, it seemed as though Jeremy & Sandy were more quick than Ernie & Cindy at both the flight simulation and the typist challenge, and were only slightly slower at the map. (although editing may be deceptive as usual!)

Ernie & Cindy definitely got lucky with the whole 'The Dump' thing, but I felt as though that clue should've been expressed better, as it seemed too ambiguous compared to other 'riddles' in past seasons, such as the Quixote Studios riddle from TAR17 or the 'King of the Havanas' riddle from TAR7.

That's just my opinion - feel free to agree/disagree - but I personally felt that the clue was too ambiguous, and reading it myself, I would've gone to Jeremy & Sandy's place if I had been given a choice between the two. :cmas5

Jeremy & Sandy were certainly quicker in the flight simulator, that I agree with.  I'm not sure about the typing challenge -- it could have been partly editing that made Sandy seem faster than Ernie.

As for "The Dump," I think that clue was meant to test the racers' brains.  I think the clue writers knew that the racers would probably take a look at "the Dump" and assume that they should go to the home depot one, so they used it to see how well the racers would use their brains.  Ernie & Cindy used theirs, Jeremy & Sandy didn't.  That was the difference there.

Belle Book

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »

I never thought I'd ever say this, but Freddy & Kendra have moved out of my 'Top Five Worst Winners of All-Time' List. Ernie & Cindy go on top, followed by Dan & Jordan, then Tammy & Victor, then Eric & Danielle and then either Chris & Alex/Reichen & Chip/Tyler & James in the fifth position - it's hard to pick one! :cmaslol

I had Eric & Danielle, Freddie & Kendra and Flo & Zach (sorry, Racer) in my Top 3 Worst Winners of All Time.  I think Reichen & Chip would be 4th and then I'm not sure who would be in 5th (except that it wouldn't be Ernie & Cindy or Tammy & Victor).

Belle Book

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »
If I was racing, I think I would've gone to the store as well. I don't fault Jeremy & Sandy at all for going there, but I think the only mistake they made on this leg (which was a mistake on their own behalf) was staying there, after they saw that there were no red-and-yellow flags. :cmas5 I probably would've left if I saw no flags.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2011, 08:35:47 AM »
I agree with Prophet. Jeremy and Sandy were their own worst enemies by wasting time after not discovering any clue or any other racers at "The Dump" store. If they had figured out where to go more quickly, then they could have recovered and kept first place. Sandy seemed a little quicker than Ernie at typing on an old manual typewriter. Cindy was obviously a bit quicker at the Map Challenge. It could have been a real nail-biting finish rather than one CBS/WRP cooked up to make it seem closer than it really was.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2011, 08:36:37 AM »

I had Eric & Danielle, Freddie & Kendra and Flo & Zach (sorry, Racer) in my Top 3 Worst Winners of All Time.  I think Reichen & Chip would be 4th and then I'm not sure who would be in 5th (except that it wouldn't be Ernie & Cindy or Tammy & Victor).

Belle Book

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, and I agree with most of it except for Flo & Zach obviously. Eric & Danielle and Freddy & Kendra were definitely horrible winners. :nopoints

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2011, 08:37:46 AM »
By the way, I just saw an advertisement for the TAR19 finale which airs in Australia on Thursday night, and it says "watch one of the CLOSEST finishes of all time" - I started laughing! :cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #192 on: December 12, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »
 :cmas15

The worst winners of all time would have to be Freddy and Kendra from Season 6 closely followed by Dan and Jordan (the lets use Louie & Mike) from Season 16.

The best winners would have to be Uchenna and Joyce from Season 7.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #193 on: December 12, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »
What beat Jeremy and Sandy wasn't the amount of time they spent inside The Dump Store; it was the time they spent going there fist. Looking at Google Maps, the location was just off Georgia 400 on one side and Piedmont Road on the other side, and Sidney Marcus Avenue is a very short road that essentially connected the two. It is on the east side of Buckhead as Peachtree Road is about a couple of miles or so to the north and west. The Peachtree-Piedmont intersection is also a couple of miles or so north of the main intersection in Buckhead (Peachtree and Roswell Road) which is about a block or two (depending on how you read the map from the Swan House property. (So to get back to where the Margaret Mitchell House is in Midtown, they not only had to get back to that area (Midtown, as the southern edge of Buckhead is considered to be I-85 on the southeast and I-75 on the west/southwest), they would have had a trickier time getting to the right exit off of I-85 to get to that part of Midtown.

The time of the extra travel was more than enough to put Jeremy-Sandy far enough behind before they got to the roadblock.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 09:39:52 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline nash

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Philippians 4:13
« Reply #194 on: December 12, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
Worst final leg for me since Dan & Jordan beat the Cowboys... 

Just gives me a creepy sick to my stomach feeling...  Yuck !!!

Offline zythr

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #195 on: December 12, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
Worst final leg for me since Dan & Jordan beat the Cowboys... 

Just gives me a creepy sick to my stomach feeling...  Yuck !!!

Cindy/Ernie used their brains to solve the tasks and won. What is to not like about that?

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: December 12, 2011, 01:13:51 PM »
The finale could have been really good, but the teams got spaced so far apart all the tension was killed.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #197 on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
They should have had the roadblock before the flight simulator task. Could have been more intense to see all three in the small room.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »
Very disappointed in the final show, especially the outcome.

A people vs C people???

Arrogant snip!

Run Ernie, Run!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2011, 04:09:31 PM »
Also wanted to thank all the people who spoiled this year. It was a lot of fun. I love this community.

Thanks to all of YOU!! We are a team here,everyone who posts makes this special!

But this was a special season, so exciting to have the Finale in my HOMETOWN!

Just catching up, can't wait to see what y'all thought.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.