Author Topic: Why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy Hate?  (Read 25524 times)

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
Re: Why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy Hate?
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 08:59:14 AM »
 :cmas9
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:12:55 AM by kevint2010 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 09:04:38 AM »

1. The ridiculously disrespectful comment at the thailand temple
2. The constant winning, which was infuriatingly annoying. They couldn't even give up one win to Ernie and Cindy (leg 7) who had the courtesy of not uturning them.
3. The religious preaching, it's never (and I mean never) enjoyable

I seriously don't get this one. Any given team would want to win every single leg, so when one team managed to do this, why hate on them? It's a competition. They're in it to win it. Same with the not giving up that one win to another team, why should they? If they knew they're going to win the $1 million, maybe, just maybe, they would be generous with some of the legs' 1st place, but since nobody has that hindsight, then tough. They're probably happy now they "hoarded" all those 1st places, because they didn't win the ultimate prize.

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 09:07:03 AM »
yeah, I see what you mean,  you're right about that. I really liked Andy and Tommy, but I guess it's my fault if they're constant winning and religion preaching bothered me. Let's forget about it. I mean, they were a thoroughly enjoyable team. Along Ernie and Cindy
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:11:27 AM by kevint2010 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 06:16:03 PM »

2. The constant winning, which was infuriatingly annoying. They couldn't even give up one win to Ernie and Cindy (leg 7) who had the courtesy of not uturning them.

I seriously don't get this one. Any given team would want to win every single leg, so when one team managed to do this, why hate on them? It's a competition. They're in it to win it. Same with the not giving up that one win to another team, why should they? If they knew they're going to win the $1 million, maybe, just maybe, they would be generous with some of the legs' 1st place, but since nobody has that hindsight, then tough. They're probably happy now they "hoarded" all those 1st places, because they didn't win the ultimate prize.

I might throw the 3rd leg though, to avoid the "third-leg curse"

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »
Why the Andy and Tommy hate?

Why does this bother you so much? You're disrespecting their religion by attacking it so much.

I think the reason why it bothered Kevin so much is because it might have reminded Kevin of the Weaver Family, a team that did a lot of religious preaching and came off as being disrespectful of any religion other than Christianity (or at least, that's how I see it).  Let's face it, I wouldn't like it if a Buddhist came from Thailand and made some disrespectful comment on my church.

But I wasn't mad at Andy & Tommy for beating Ernie & Cindy, though I wasn't happy with it either.

Belle Book

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 07:18:28 PM »
Why the Andy and Tommy hate?

Why does this bother you so much? You're disrespecting their religion by attacking it so much.

I think the reason why it bothered Kevin so much is because it might have reminded Kevin of the Weaver Family, a team that did a lot of religious preaching and came off as being disrespectful of any religion other than Christianity (or at least, that's how I see it).  Let's face it, I wouldn't like it if a Buddhist came from Thailand and made some disrespectful comment on my church.

But I wasn't mad at Andy & Tommy for beating Ernie & Cindy, though I wasn't happy with it either.

Belle Book

Thank you, that's what I meant. couldn't have said it better
Bring on the 21!

Offline liverpoolfootballclub

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »
I absolutely love Andy & Tommy, but I can not remotely stand Ernie & Cindy.

Ernie has no personality whatsoever. The only things the guy has ever said about himself is that "Cindy wears the pants in the relationship" and things along those lines. I have never seen a more boring person...

As for Cindy, aside from the fact that she is beyong infuriating with her constant whining, I could not agree with their U-Turn of Bill & Cathi. My logic behind a U-Turn is that you should only use it if you are in any danger. In my opinion, it is not a tool to be used just to win one leg, which is what they did. Feel free to disagree with my logic - I don't mind - but if I were on the race, I wouldn't use the U-Turn unless I legitimately felt in danger of elimination. Think about it this way - what if there was another surprise U-Turn later on in the race, and Ernie & Cindy were racing to avoid elimination. They wouldn't be able to use it.

That's just my opinion. Feel free to agree/disagree as you wish, but if Ernie & Cindy win, TAR19 will be my least favourite season of all time, especially because I only loved two or three of the legs.

As for Andy & Tommy, I loved them, but I prefer both Jeremy & Sandy and Amani & Marcus. :hearts:

Quoting this because I think you said it better than I ever could (on Ernie and Cindy especially). I sincerely hope that Jeremy/Sandy or even Amani/Marcus win over Ernie/Cindy.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2011, 08:02:56 PM »
 :cmas50 :cmas50 :cmas50
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.