Author Topic: Why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy Hate?  (Read 25469 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy Hate?
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »
Come on guys, why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy hate?

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy Hate?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:57 PM »
I don't mind E/C until they U-turned B/C!  (:;)  I know this is kinda redundant, that it's part of the game... whatever...  )-**

:lol:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »
The same reason why I hate Otto.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 11:08:02 PM »
I like them, and hope they win. I was mad when they skipped that first U-turn. That was such an awful mistake that cost them 1st.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »
I don't mind E/C until they U-turned B/C!  (:;)  I know this is kinda redundant, that it's part of the game... whatever...  )-**

THIS ^

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 01:50:12 AM »

THIS ^

THIS ^^
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 02:13:49 AM »
I absolutely love Andy & Tommy, but I can not remotely stand Ernie & Cindy.

Ernie has no personality whatsoever. The only things the guy has ever said about himself is that "Cindy wears the pants in the relationship" and things along those lines. I have never seen a more boring person...

As for Cindy, aside from the fact that she is beyong infuriating with her constant whining, I could not agree with their U-Turn of Bill & Cathi. My logic behind a U-Turn is that you should only use it if you are in any danger. In my opinion, it is not a tool to be used just to win one leg, which is what they did. Feel free to disagree with my logic - I don't mind - but if I were on the race, I wouldn't use the U-Turn unless I legitimately felt in danger of elimination. Think about it this way - what if there was another surprise U-Turn later on in the race, and Ernie & Cindy were racing to avoid elimination. They wouldn't be able to use it.

That's just my opinion. Feel free to agree/disagree as you wish, but if Ernie & Cindy win, TAR19 will be my least favourite season of all time, especially because I only loved two or three of the legs.

As for Andy & Tommy, I loved them, but I prefer both Jeremy & Sandy and Amani & Marcus. :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 04:11:12 AM »
Andy and Tommy hate because they give me the BJ and Tyler vibe.

Ernie and Cindy <3 though. :lol:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:55 AM »
I don't understand the hate for some teams either. I rarely see anything on TAR that would make me hate a team. Certainly not from any of the teams this season (although Laurence had his moments). I like some of the teams this season more than others, but I don't dislike any of them. During the race, teams are under a lot of stress and generally very tired. I tend to forgive them because of those circumstances. I guess others don't.

I also get surprised each season when we get pictures of teams and have no other information about them and immediately get people announcing that they love teams A, B and C and hate teams D, E and F. My mind doesn't work that way at all.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 08:43:21 AM »

Ernie has no personality whatsoever. The only things the guy has ever said about himself is that "Cindy wears the pants in the relationship" and things along those lines. I have never seen a more boring person...

As for Cindy, aside from the fact that she is beyong infuriating with her constant whining, I could not agree with their U-Turn of Bill & Cathi. My logic behind a U-Turn is that you should only use it if you are in any danger. In my opinion, it is not a tool to be used just to win one leg, which is what they did. Feel free to disagree with my logic - I don't mind - but if I were on the race, I wouldn't use the U-Turn unless I legitimately felt in danger of elimination. Think about it this way - what if there was another surprise U-Turn later on in the race, and Ernie & Cindy were racing to avoid elimination. They wouldn't be able to use it.

I don't hate E/C quite as much as you but I agree with most of your complaints about them. The reason I don't hate them is because they do have some good qualities to balance out their negative ones. They seem to be happy and nice most of the time, to others and each other. I do find Ernie really odd and Cindy's competitiveness/victimness is annoying a lot of the time.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline JillianVP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 07:11:38 PM »
I don't 'hate' any teams, but I definitely prefer some over others.

I absolutely loved Andy & Tommy.  They ran the race as a great team... always having fun and constantly supporting each other, a bit like the cowboys in my eyes.  I'm still upset they lost out because Jeremy and Sandy's driver informed the other two teams of the location of the pit stop.

Jeremy & Sandy are the team I'm hoping wins now.  They started off kind of shaky... arguing quite a bit... but I've convinced myself it's because they're still in 'new relationship' mode and hadn't quite learned the proper way to communicate well with each other.  They've done a lot better lately and I'm really pulling for them.

Ernie & Cindy.  Not much to say about Ernie, really, except that I applaud him for staying so mellow with Cindy's constant whining.  It really didn't bother me that much until her desperation to win in Malawi had her whining at Andy & Tommy to 'please let us win, boys'.  The boys were still on the dugout task when Ernie & Cindy decided to use their Express Pass just so they could 'win' a leg.  The boys managed to finish the task, RACED to catch up, AND passed them before reaching the mat.  Did she honestly think that after all of that work, and being on The Amazing RACE, that they would just stop in their tracks and let them have it because she whined a plea?!?!  The woman's gotta have a screw loose.   :groan:

As for Marcus & Amani, I know a lot of people love them but I don't.  I despise sports... always have and always will!!!  I could probably overlook Marcus' NFL career if he'd SHUT UP about it, but no... he's constantly referencing EVERYTHING they do in the race to football.  Arrrggghhhhhhh!  :lala   The final nail in the coffin for me was this last episode after Phil asked them all if they could believe they beat out a team that won 6 legs to be the final 3 teams and Marcus replied "I've been thinking about it Phil.  It's like David and Goliath.  They were like giants, we were the Davids.  You have to face your giants and they were our giants.  So, WE DID ENOUGH TODAY TO MAKE IT TO THE FINALS.  Unbelievable."  No, what's 'unbelievable' is that Jeremy & Sandy's CAB DRIVER did enough to keep them in the race.   (:;)

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 07:47:15 PM »
Ernie & Cindy.  Not much to say about Ernie, really, except that I applaud him for staying so mellow with Cindy's constant whining.  It really didn't bother me that much until her desperation to win in Malawi had her whining at Andy & Tommy to 'please let us win, boys'.  The boys were still on the dugout task when Ernie & Cindy decided to use their Express Pass just so they could 'win' a leg.  The boys managed to finish the task, RACED to catch up, AND passed them before reaching the mat.  Did she honestly think that after all of that work, and being on The Amazing RACE, that they would just stop in their tracks and let them have it because she whined a plea?!?!  The woman's gotta have a screw loose.   :groan:

Being past at the last second by olympians, you would have react the exact same way, in fact, everyone would react the same way as she did :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 05:56:46 AM »

I don't hate E/C quite as much as you but I agree with most of your complaints about them. The reason I don't hate them is because they do have some good qualities to balance out their negative ones. They seem to be happy and nice most of the time, to others and each other. I do find Ernie really odd and Cindy's competitiveness/victimness is annoying a lot of the time.

I actually don't hate Cindy too much, even though I may have made it seem that way. I do, however, completely disagree with the U-Turn thing. It's mainly Ernie who I have a problem with - I've never seen a more boring TAR contestant...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:31 AM »

I actually don't hate Cindy too much, even though I may have made it seem that way. I do, however, completely disagree with the U-Turn thing. It's mainly Ernie who I have a problem with - I've never seen a more boring TAR contestant...

Zac????? :lol3:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

Being past at the last second by olympians, you would have react the exact same way, in fact, everyone would react the same way as she did :lol:

Yeah.

But getting back to the main subject, I don't hate Andy & Tommy, but I never liked alpha male teams too much, especially if they were dominating.  I also wasn't too fond of them for some of their comments on one leg (I think it was in Thailand).

I don't hate Ernie & Cindy for using the U-Turn -- even if it was on Bill & Cathi.  But a lot of people like Bill & Cathi, and I think the fact that Ernie & Cindy U-Turned them angered them a lot.

Belle Book

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 12:04:06 PM »
Oh, I hate Andy & Tommy's facebook fans for arbitrarily and randomly ranting about everything because their favorite team is gone.

"This is unfair! According to the rules blah blah blah"
"Rigged!"
"I'm done with this forever. Lets boooooyyyyyccccoooootttt!"
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Puppet

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Arcanine <3
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 12:05:07 PM »

Yeah.

But getting back to the main subject, I don't hate Andy & Tommy, but I never liked alpha male teams too much, especially if they were dominating.  I also wasn't too fond of them for some of their comments on one leg (I think it was in Thailand).

I don't hate Ernie & Cindy for using the U-Turn -- even if it was on Bill & Cathi.  But a lot of people like Bill & Cathi, and I think the fact that Ernie & Cindy U-Turned them angered them a lot.

Belle Book

Agreed about the U-Turn.

Even though Cindy whines alot, I think it's quite nice to see how these two are compatible. Maybe that's why I like dating teams. :lol:
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person and she looks perfect
I don't deserve this, you look perfect tonight

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 03:50:25 PM »
I love Ernie/Cindy, I think U-Turning B/C was a great idea on their part. It was the last U-Turn of the race (although they couldn't have known) and it shows that they learn from their previous mistakes. Ernie's just adorable at times with his quirky smile and just getting dragged around by Cindy. Cindy seems like the type of racer I might be, caring about things a lot and getting annoyed when people don't try their hardest.

Andy/Tommy... I never really liked them. I had a gut feeling that they weren't going to win from their dialogue earlier on in the race, I don't think the producers would have put it in if they wanted everyone to love them. And as stupid as it sounds, I felt like they had no personality. They just did what was required of them and never really interacted with other teams other than small dialogue to taunt them once in a while. I have no idea how to explain it, it just seems like everyone else was generally grouped together and they were by themselves. It's weird though, I loved the cowboys, but I can't stand them.

I can't be reasonable, I just hate them.  :snicker:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 07:36:17 AM »

Zac????? :lol3:

I sorta get what you mean there, but at least Zac has sailed around the world! :cmaslol

I think the reason I find Ernie to be so incredibly boring is that he and Cindy have had a lot of screen time on every episode of this season and he has basically shown us no personality, whereas other 'boring' teams over the years only seem boring because they don't get enough screentime. :cmas5

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
Oh, I hate Andy & Tommy's facebook fans for arbitrarily and randomly ranting about everything because their favorite team is gone.

"This is unfair! According to the rules blah blah blah"
"Rigged!"
"I'm done with this forever. Lets boooooyyyyyccccoooootttt!"

Andy and Tommy were done in by their spectacularly bad decision to go hunting for Balboa in a city were Balboa references are everywhere and their slowness to realize their error. Most of the other teams were headed the same way and were saved by their cab drivers.

Lots of teams have been eliminated by bad taxi drivers. This is probably the most prominent example of teams being saved by their taxi drivers. It's happened on occasion (I think...none come immediately to mind), but it hasn't happened often.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »
I didn't really hate any of the teams this season. I generally just find it ridiculous to hate someone based on like 40 minutes of footage of them running around hungry and sleep-deprived.

I actually like Ernie & Cindy quite a bit. Yeah, it was a whiny when Cindy said that "Please let us win" line, but that's pretty forgivable. I've said dumber things than that without even thinking and I can understand how she was feeling; she and Ernie COULD have used the U-Turn and cemented 1st place and thus partially lost simply because they didn't want to be mean.

I don't fault them for U-Turning Bill & Cathi either, because even though I love Bill & Cathi, I never blame teams for U-Turning. It's a part of the game and it's there to be used. I do believe that teams should use advantages they're given and shouldn't feel obligated to pass up a U-Turn just because some of the show's fans think that it should only be used on teams that those fans don't like, or whatever.

I like Andy & Tommy in general. I like they way they raced and how they had fun, and I think they were great competitors. I just don't like a lot of their fans  :cmaslol It's the same thing as the cowboys...I always liked them, but now whenever I think of them I can only think of all of the fans on Facebook raging that "The Globetrotters cheated!" and "I'm never watching the Amazing Race again because it promotes anti-cowboy-ism" and all  :cmas18

But yeah, I have no problem with Andy & Tommy. They weren't specifically my favorites to win but I did like them a lot!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 08:54:14 PM »

Andy and Tommy were done in by their spectacularly bad decision to go hunting for Balboa in a city were Balboa references are everywhere and their slowness to realize their error. Most of the other teams were headed the same way and were saved by their cab drivers.

I think this is where the truth lays. Andy was the guy who was convinced of Balboa. He was convinced by the coins. He asked Tommy before getting in the cab if he thought it was right. Tommy said no. They both spoke to the cameras admitting it might not be right since Panama's coins are called Balboas.  They still went. Then in the car they seconded guessed themselves. Kept going.  Then went to two incorrect locations. There seemed to be a few times they could have corrected themselves. They did not. They lost.

Its twist and turns like this that make the Amazing Race awesome.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 11:26:57 PM »
Its twist and turns like this that make the Amazing Race awesome.

:cmas9

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 08:14:19 AM »
:cmas9
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 09:13:04 AM by kevint2010 »
Bring on the 21!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 08:25:55 AM »
Why the Andy and Tommy hate?

1. The ridiculously disrespectful comment at the thailand temple
2. The constant winning, which was infuriatingly annoying. They couldn't even give up one win to Ernie and Cindy (leg 7) who had the courtesy of not uturning them.
3. The religious preaching, it's never (and I mean never) enjoyable

Why does this bother you so much? You're disrespecting their religion by attacking it so much.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.