Archive > The Amazing Race 19 Spoilers and Speculation

Why the Ernie & Cindy/Andy & Tommy Hate?

<< < (2/7) > >>

LoveRocked:

--- Quote from: Дussie Бabushka on December 05, 2011, 12:00:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: scruffs on December 04, 2011, 10:20:57 PM ---I don't mind E/C until they U-turned B/C!  (:;)  I know this is kinda redundant, that it's part of the game... whatever...  )-**

:lol:

--- End quote ---

THIS ^

--- End quote ---

THIS ^^

Glamazon Racer:
I absolutely love Andy & Tommy, but I can not remotely stand Ernie & Cindy.

Ernie has no personality whatsoever. The only things the guy has ever said about himself is that "Cindy wears the pants in the relationship" and things along those lines. I have never seen a more boring person...

As for Cindy, aside from the fact that she is beyong infuriating with her constant whining, I could not agree with their U-Turn of Bill & Cathi. My logic behind a U-Turn is that you should only use it if you are in any danger. In my opinion, it is not a tool to be used just to win one leg, which is what they did. Feel free to disagree with my logic - I don't mind - but if I were on the race, I wouldn't use the U-Turn unless I legitimately felt in danger of elimination. Think about it this way - what if there was another surprise U-Turn later on in the race, and Ernie & Cindy were racing to avoid elimination. They wouldn't be able to use it.

That's just my opinion. Feel free to agree/disagree as you wish, but if Ernie & Cindy win, TAR19 will be my least favourite season of all time, especially because I only loved two or three of the legs.

As for Andy & Tommy, I loved them, but I prefer both Jeremy & Sandy and Amani & Marcus. :hearts:

Jobby:
Andy and Tommy hate because they give me the BJ and Tyler vibe.

Ernie and Cindy <3 though. :lol:

Plaidmoon:
I don't understand the hate for some teams either. I rarely see anything on TAR that would make me hate a team. Certainly not from any of the teams this season (although Laurence had his moments). I like some of the teams this season more than others, but I don't dislike any of them. During the race, teams are under a lot of stress and generally very tired. I tend to forgive them because of those circumstances. I guess others don't.

I also get surprised each season when we get pictures of teams and have no other information about them and immediately get people announcing that they love teams A, B and C and hate teams D, E and F. My mind doesn't work that way at all.

Prophet:

--- Quote from: racer on December 05, 2011, 02:13:49 AM ---I absolutely love Andy & Tommy, but I can not remotely stand Ernie & Cindy.

Ernie has no personality whatsoever. The only things the guy has ever said about himself is that "Cindy wears the pants in the relationship" and things along those lines. I have never seen a more boring person...

As for Cindy, aside from the fact that she is beyong infuriating with her constant whining, I could not agree with their U-Turn of Bill & Cathi. My logic behind a U-Turn is that you should only use it if you are in any danger. In my opinion, it is not a tool to be used just to win one leg, which is what they did. Feel free to disagree with my logic - I don't mind - but if I were on the race, I wouldn't use the U-Turn unless I legitimately felt in danger of elimination. Think about it this way - what if there was another surprise U-Turn later on in the race, and Ernie & Cindy were racing to avoid elimination. They wouldn't be able to use it.

--- End quote ---

I don't hate E/C quite as much as you but I agree with most of your complaints about them. The reason I don't hate them is because they do have some good qualities to balance out their negative ones. They seem to be happy and nice most of the time, to others and each other. I do find Ernie really odd and Cindy's competitiveness/victimness is annoying a lot of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version