Author Topic: Ep 11 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 26210 times)

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Ep 11 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 01:26:49 AM »
I can't even predict who'll win. Ernie & Cindy have been talking about "one mistake costing them first" a lot but have also gotten a slightly negative edit. Amani & Marcus (mostly the latter) have been talking about winning the Super Bowl but they really aren't that great. Jeremy & Sandy's screentime wouldn't be justified with even a placing as high as 1st, but that's the highest they can get.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 01:40:50 AM »
I can't even predict who'll win. Ernie & Cindy have been talking about "one mistake costing them first" a lot but have also gotten a slightly negative edit. Amani & Marcus (mostly the latter) have been talking about winning the Super Bowl but they really aren't that great. Jeremy & Sandy's screentime wouldn't be justified with even a placing as high as 1st, but that's the highest they can get.

Yeah...i'm going for :

1 - Ernie and Cindy/Amani and Marcus
2 - Jeremy and Sandy/Ernie and Cindy
3 - Amani and Marcus/Jeremy and Sandy

That's all i can think, :lol:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 03:11:42 AM »
I am ultra-excited to watch this episode! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGASMGASMGASM T______T *confetti* *confetti*

Buh-bye SnoBos! <3333333
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 04:06:08 AM »
Okay, so this is another instance of don't try and stray too far from your pack.

Ernie and Cindy and Amani and Marcus gained time at the Roadblock when Jeremy and Sandy figured out their clue with all the three teams cab drivers, thus when they travel to the rooster place, they're barely behind by just a few minutes.

Then, the coincidence came again when Marcus and Amani decided to slow down at the dancers and looked for the clue until the other two teams arrived, where Jeremy and Sandy who didn't catch the words on the dancer's dress, drew it out and ran off to the cab. Amani and Marcus and Ernie and Cindy got the same Baboa thing as the snowboarders.

THEN, while Jeremy and Sandy were travelling to the pitstop, the other two teams obviously do not know what to do.. then their cab drivers called one another and brought all three teams to the same location, almost at the same time, and with all three teams at the pitstop, it was really a crazy party.

I think the Roadblock is scary, but not really iconic or Panama. More like a dare task which can be done in any country in the world. The view isn't that great anyway.

The Detour... I didn't know what Amani and Marcus were supposed to do. I was so damn confused by them just carrying all the seafood that they've got to different stalls. And the making of the sandals could be done in any other country in the world too.

But thank God of the unexpected circumstances, this episode didn't become a snooze-fest with the strongest team Andy and Tommy winning the 7th leg and the weakest team Amani and Marcus eliminated. :lol:

Not one of the best episodes.... but certainly the most entertaining pitstop results/exciting (if you do not know spoilers) since the 3 teams checked in together in TAR 9 Final 4 NEL 1. (BJ and Tyler NEL-ed)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »
I would've recognized the Tintin reference right away since I saw an animated series a long time ago (I think it was on Nickelodeon).

As for the final challenge -- man, that was challenging!

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 08:47:53 AM »
Now I think Jeremy and Sandy have an equal chance of winning as Amani and Marcus. Their edit has improved throughout the Race, so perhaps a redemption arc? :duno: Though it could also be a tactic to keep the final interesting. But I still wonder why the edit has given Amani and Marcus so much positive attention throughout the entire Race.

Only time will tell I guess.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 09:14:26 AM »

The Detour... I didn't know what Amani and Marcus were supposed to do. I was so damn confused by them just carrying all the seafood that they've got to different stalls.

This was a standard navigation task that has come up in several prior races (one example being AR12, episode 4 returning to the Ouagadougou for the Tampouy Goat Market). It tests the ability of the team electing it to ask locals for help and be able to quickly follow it once they get it. It could be any items carried, but because Panama is a seafaring country it was logical for the items to be squid, barracuda and other fresh fish. 

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »

The Detour... I didn't know what Amani and Marcus were supposed to do. I was so damn confused by them just carrying all the seafood that they've got to different stalls.

This was a standard navigation task that has come up in several prior races (one example being AR12, episode 4 returning to the Ouagadougou for the Tampouy Goat Market). It tests the ability of the team electing it to ask locals for help and be able to quickly follow it once they get it. It could be any items carried, but because Panama is a seafaring country it was logical for the items to be squid, barracuda and other fresh fish. 

Actually that detour lost a lot of its essence because there was only one team doing it. There were many stands in the fish market and each stand would only accept a certain amount of each fish, for example 5Kilos of shrimp, so if each team had to deliver 3kilos of shrimp then the next team could only deliver 2kilos in that same stand and then it would have to find another stand to deliver the rest.
    I would like to see that type of task again but with more teams, because it's both mental and physical.
We have played in TAR games similar tasks and they are a lot of fun.