Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 12 "Go Out And Get It Done" (Atlanta, Georgia)  (Read 81526 times)

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
Re: TAR 19 EP 12 "Go Out And Get It Done" (Atlanta, Georgia)
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 04:59:01 PM »
Awesome!

Sad that Cindy the Psycho is in the final three though.

I am hoping she'll get beat to the final mat by about 5 feet!!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »
An important FYI on the CBS schedule next Sunday. CBS has the doubleheader, which means that there will almost certainly be a overrun of the CBS coverage of the NFL. The maps from the506 website won't be available until Tuesday, so we won't know until then if any east coast markets may have a home blackout that is taking only the early CBS game.

The Oakland at Packers game won't be blacked out but the Buffalo at San Diego one is likely to be. They have struggled with that this season. The only early game that I think could be blacked out is Texans at Bengals, not sure how that will affect the late games.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »
Awesome!

Why the Cindy hate? Ernie & Cindy have done well this race, they only had two bad legs, in Leg 3 and 5, and even then, in Leg 5 they finished in 3rd, they were never in danger of elimination. They have done well to make the final 3.

And I don't understand the Andy/Tommy hate also.

Offline a1mamacat

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I gotta cut back on the caffeine!!!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
Awesome!

Why the Cindy hate? Ernie & Cindy have done well this race, they only had two bad legs, in Leg 3 and 5, and even then, in Leg 5 they finished in 3rd, they were never in danger of elimination. They have done well to make the final 3.

When Tommy and Andy outran them to the mat, she whined about it, expecting them to LET her and Ernie have a first place, when it was her own fault they were that close.

Then, she uturned Bill and Cathy, who would in no way have outraced them, just so she could get a first place leg prize.  Her sense of entitlement has irritated me to no end the entire race. 

Tommy and Andy didn't bother me much.  They were just having fun.

Offline jennxilia

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 06:51:45 PM »
Awesome!

When Tommy and Andy outran them to the mat, she whined about it, expecting them to LET her and Ernie have a first place, when it was her own fault they were that close.

Then, she uturned Bill and Cathy, who would in no way have outraced them, just so she could get a first place leg prize.  Her sense of entitlement has irritated me to no end the entire race. 

guys whats with all the hate! and you guys really should get to know cindy better! and this is only a tv show! chill peeps! 

Offline Polaroid

• RFF's TAR Live Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 06:57:17 PM »
Awesome!

While, I would whine if I was barely beaten to the mat... I'm sure you would too.

How do you know Bill & Cathi wouldn't have beaten them to the mat? Ernie & Cindy have been pretty terrible with navigation so if they were looking for a first place (which is perfectly valid), the smartest thing is to U-Turn their closest competitor and slow them down.

Anyways, thanks to all the detectives for their awesome work on this episode. :hrt: The map task looks really challenging.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
Surprisingly, the only tasks in Atlanta shown in the previews are those which were included in Peach's video earlier in this thread.

Somehow, I suspect there may be more hidden somewhere, as in past final legs.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »
There isn't any thing hidden that I am aware of, and I was right on their tails all day.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
Interestingly, there will be another double roadblock finale. They also did the same thing about evening them out at six each in the eleventh leg.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »
Interestingly, there will be another double roadblock finale. They also did the same thing about evening them out at six each in the eleventh leg.
I'd personally prefer them to keep this trend: they can add an extra task and don't worry about an unused Detour, and the win by the team will depend on both teammates performing well.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
There isn't any thing hidden that I am aware of, and I was right on their tails all day.

The only reason why I think there may be something "hidden" is that if they're only getting clues to the three tasks shown in the preview (and in the TAR Detectives video linked upthread), then that's a final leg with only four clues for the leg. We've had teams collect more clues than that from the final task to the finish mat in past seasons. It just seems weird, that's all.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2011, 09:14:12 PM »
oh I see...there could be some route info clues , but pretty darn sure we saw all the tasks.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2011, 09:19:13 PM »
Awesome!

I'll justify the U-turn by saying that despite the U-turn, Bill & Cathi still finished 2nd place, the place they were in when they were U-turned.

And how would you know that Ernie would not say drive down to Germany (in other words get lost), allowing Bill & Cathi to catch up and take first?

NoluckBoston

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:23 PM »
oh I see...there could be some route info clues , but pretty darn sure we saw all the tasks.

Could it be, that there were some stuff still in Panama. Like how we had the Tin Tin stuff this leg?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2011, 10:49:48 PM »
Preview is up, post 2!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline miichaeeltran

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »
Awesome!

While, I would whine if I was barely beaten to the mat... I'm sure you would too.

How do you know Bill & Cathi wouldn't have beaten them to the mat? Ernie & Cindy have been pretty terrible with navigation so if they were looking for a first place (which is perfectly valid), the smartest thing is to U-Turn their closest competitor and slow them down.

Anyways, thanks to all the detectives for their awesome work on this episode. :hrt: The map task looks really challenging.
bill & cathi bet andy & tommy in a footrace to the pitstop, so how cant they beat ernie & cindy. it didnt even affect their placement, i think they probably had fun at the bunny challenge

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2011, 02:07:44 AM »
While I completely agree with the Ernie & Cindy hate and I can't remotely stand them, back on topic:

Just wanted to thank and congratulate everyone involved in getting all that amazing footage of the final leg in Atlanta! You guys have really outdone yourselves this time! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:49 AM »
great job everyone as usual....had a blast covering this season with all of you guys...cant wait for season 20!

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:25 AM »
Jeremy & Sandy for the win.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2011, 08:27:39 AM »
Awesome!

It was use it or forever hold their peace. There was unlikely to be (and the episodes after that have verified that) any further U-Turns on this race. So why not solidy first place by U-turning the second place team? It's been done before, one example being Rob/Amber in London on Ron/Kelly in AR7. Bill/Cathi were not targeted by Ernie/Cindy; they just happened to be the 2nd place team and Ernie/Cindy had lost the previous leg due to failure to use a U-Turn.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »
Awesome!

It was use it or forever hold their peace. There was unlikely to be (and the episodes after that have verified that) any further U-Turns on this race. So why not solidy first place by U-turning the second place team? It's been done before, one example being Rob/Amber in London on Ron/Kelly in AR7. Bill/Cathi were not targeted by Ernie/Cindy; they just happened to be the 2nd place team and Ernie/Cindy had lost the previous leg due to failure to use a U-Turn.

I agree.  They were probably regretting losing first place to Andy & Tommy by only seconds, so when they saw a chance to win a leg, they took it.  Bill & Cathi were just the unlucky team who got U-Turned.

Belle Book

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
I think that Jeremy and Sandy can win now.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2011, 12:06:54 PM »
One thing to keep in mind. The "home field" curse. For Anami and Marcus, Atlanta is essentially a home field since their current residence is not far down the Interstate from metro Atlanta, and they'd get the Atlanta TV stations at home.

Teams making the final three with a home field advantage IIRC have never won TAR. Season 1 (Frank and Margarita in New York), season 2 (Tara and Wil in San Francisco), season 5 (Colin and Christie in Dallas) come immediately to mind, and that's enough to show my point.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »
AFTER 4 CONTINENTS, 20 CITIES AND NEARLY 40,000 MILES, THE FINAL THREE TEAMS COMPETE FOR THE ONE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” DEC. 11

CHEAT TWEET: 4 continents, 20 cities & nearly 40,000 miles! #AmazingRace season finale 12/11 at 8pmET/PT! Who will B Team # 1? http://bit.ly/vXkjNv

“Go Out and Get It Done” (Atlanta, Ga.) – After racing through 4 continents, 20 cities and nearly 40,000 miles, the final three teams race to Atlanta, Ga., where a smooth landing evades one team as their competition soars. In the end, the winning team is crowned and awarded the $1 million dollar prize, on the season finale of THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Dec. 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is the host.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
One thing to keep in mind. The "home field" curse. For Anami and Marcus, Atlanta is essentially a home field since their current residence is not far down the Interstate from metro Atlanta, and they'd get the Atlanta TV stations at home.

Teams making the final three with a home field advantage IIRC have never won TAR. Season 1 (Frank and Margarita in New York), season 2 (Tara and Wil in San Francisco), season 5 (Colin and Christie in Dallas) come immediately to mind, and that's enough to show my point.

Yeah, that doesn't look so good for Amani & Marcus.  On the other hand, Kat came from Santa Monica and she won with Nat -- but then again, just about all the Final 3 teams came from the LA area.  And Nat was from Arizona.

Belle Book