Author Topic: EP 10 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 24610 times)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
Re: EP 10 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 11:09:44 PM »
:yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Great - Bill & Cathi eliminated, KARMA for the U-Turn on Lawrence and Zac.

Ernie & Cindy next to go.

Laurence & Zac were still ahead of Jeremy & Sandy after completing the other Detour. Them getting lost was the cause of being eliminated.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:47 PM »
 :js:

All I am saying is that there is a clip of Bill & Cathi talking about Andy & Tommy and Lawrence & Zac both being strong, at the butter detour Andy & Tommy were there when Bill & Cathi were, why U-Turn a team that they don''t know where they are when there is a team right behind them that are winning nearly all the legs.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 11:40:30 PM »
Further to the last comment - Andy & Tommy win leg 10.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »
Harry4, they were U-Turned. That's the logical way to do it, pass it to another.

Karma? No. And you are too hard on them.

Its either you hate grandparents or you love Laurence and Zac. :lol: Kidding! :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2011, 07:42:56 AM »
Drive yourselves to the Ford Proving Ground. Hmm... I wonder why it's Ford. :lol:

Ernie & Cindy arrive at the pit stop in 2nd. Cindy screams OMG after being told it's the next leg right away. They drive to a hotel to get directions.

Jeremy & Sandy are 3rd at the pit stop. Jeremy's shirt looks stained in the fake tan.

Andy & Tommy get 12 points at muscle posing thing. Only Bill & Cathi are still doing that.

Amani & Marcus can't get their directions printed, so they had to write it out.

The only other proving ground in Belgium that I can find is Toyota's in Zaventem. Toyota is spending its product placement money with Top Chef and is not doing product placements with the Amazing Race.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2011, 07:49:03 AM »
:js:

All I am saying is that there is a clip of Bill & Cathi talking about Andy & Tommy and Lawrence & Zac both being strong, at the butter detour Andy & Tommy were there when Bill & Cathi were, why U-Turn a team that they don''t know where they are when there is a team right behind them that are winning nearly all the legs.

Maybe because they liked Andy and Tommy better as people? I don't know.

Also, regarding a previous comment, you have no proof that Ernie and Cindy are eliminated next.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2011, 07:54:43 AM »
Tommy and Andy catches up to.Marcus/Amani
And they are in Gent already wow

This is truly surprising since Gent appears on the map of Belgium to be about 55 miles away, including taking the superhighway in a semicircle south around Antwerp. It should have taken longer based on my guess of the lead Ernie/Cindy and Jeremy/Sandy had on the other teams arrival to Lommel.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
And we're back.

Jeremy & Sandy still don't know what's wrong.

Bill & Cathi are on their raft.

Jeremy & Sandy made a stupid mistake. They mixed up the placement of two waffles. :groan: They finish the detour in 4th. Silly mistakes are messing them up.

Bill is telling some random person that he's on his first date with Cathi. "You should try it sometime." :hrt:

Ernie & Cindy left some waffles burning in the waffle maker. :lol3:

Bill & Cathi finish the detour in last.

I am not sure of this, but my notes indicate that Jeremy and Sandy were in 3rd place leaving Waffle and Amani/Marcus well behind them.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2011, 08:59:27 AM »
 :'( Bill and Cathi.

I really hope The Amazing Race cast them on the second all-stars. :'(

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »

This is truly surprising since Gent appears on the map of Belgium to be about 55 miles away, including taking the superhighway in a semicircle south around Antwerp. It should have taken longer based on my guess of the lead Ernie/Cindy and Jeremy/Sandy had on the other teams arrival to Lommel.

Perhaps it's just me (I've never been to Belgium), but I've always seen it spelled Ghent, not Gent. I would have been a bit confused to see Gent and been looking for a small town rather than a large city.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »

Perhaps it's just me (I've never been to Belgium), but I've always seen it spelled Ghent, not Gent. I would have been a bit confused to see Gent and been looking for a small town rather than a large city.
It is spelled Ghent on Google maps.  Perhaps Ghent is the American version of Gent.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:50:50 AM by gator27 »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2011, 01:16:55 PM »

plaidmoon,

I'm with you, as the English name of that city has always been Ghent and that's the way I know it. However, just like the cities in India have changed names in recent years, so have some in Belgium. Here is a line on the Internet from Tourism Belgique:

Gent/Gand: un week-end géant à Gand - Tourisme Belgique

Note that Gand and Gent are Flemish names for Ghent. Gent is the capital of the East Flanders province and squarely in the Flemish part of Belgium.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:17:11 AM by apskip »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 02:51:36 AM »
NVM
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:28:06 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:15 AM »
I seriously loved this episode, maybe the best in this season?

I loved how the camera just glides perfectly. :tup:
I loved how Phil and the greeter merges, and they faced the direction during Bill & Cathi's exit.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 01:24:43 AM »
The pit-stop location is darn cool. Just wished that there was more daylight when Andy and Tommy checked-in.. then we could have had the bright day and the night version of the scenery. :tup: