Author Topic: The Most Epic Moments of TAR  (Read 24946 times)

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
Re: The Most Epic Moments of TAR
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2011, 07:38:39 AM »
I think Caite U-Turning Brandy & Carol in Singapore was quite epic  :lol: And everything what Brandy said after that  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:41:58 AM by inomu »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2011, 07:41:24 AM »
I think Caite U-Turning Brandy & Carol in Singapore was quite epic  :lol: And everything Brandy said after that  :lol:

Yep, Brandy is the ultimate mood-killer. With everyone about to start hugging and congratulating each other at the finishing line, she upstages the final three with a hilarious rant at Caite!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »
Here's a few I can remember -

TAR 1:
Nancy and Emily VS Joe vying for Fast Forward. Joe and Bill decided to be "smart" and take a bus to the pitstop, ended up behind ALL the other teams.. but still survived because Nancy and Emily did not do the Detour. -.-

TAR 2:
Tara and Wil VS Chris and Alex finish line run. :meow:

TAR 3:
Flo's breakdown in Vietnam... heck, the rest of the world. The moments where she threw her bicycle helmet, sat in the "round boat" Detour and started whining about everything. I wished there was a U-TURN then, would have been the most epic moment EVER on the race. And... eventually winning. How can Flo not be the epic moments queen? She is like the Sugar in Gabon that made TAR 3 interesting. :lol:

TAR 5:
Colin overtaking Bowling Moms at the Roadblock in Philippines, was a pretty heartbreaking moment for fans of the latter.
Kami and Karli, stuck at the airport and couldn't get a flight, looking at the camera saying "We're clueless" :lol:
Kami and Karli doing the SKYDIVING Detour and still checking in 5th place. -.- (One of the worst planned Detour choices)

TAR 6:
Freddy vomitting into his Hungarian soup in a TAR 6 Roadblock and drinking everything back.
Next table away, Rebecca finished hers like a soup machine. :lol:
Hayden VS Rebecca in China.. the Roadblock where they had to find a key to the locks available. Rebecca found hers minutes before the closure of the Roadblock location. Hayden failed to do so and had a bruise on her thumb after the Roadblock... and a proposal!
Lena unrolling haybales for 8 hours. :'(

TAR 7:
Gretchen's fall into a cave and emerging with a bloody head.
Ray and Deana VS Brian and Greg pitstop run (with Meredith and Gretchen already checked-in in 5th)
Susan and Patrick VS Debbie and Bianca 4KG MEAT of eating, with several teams choosing to do a Romber and quit the Roadblock. -.- (Bringing the Survivor strategy and hate from loyal TAR fans)
Rob telling Meredith and Gretchen "did you find an earlier flight".. making Uchenna and Joyce worried and they FOUND ONE and shared it with Meredith and Gretchen, making stupid Romber in 3rd place.
Uchenna and Joyce winning the race... all the taxi paying drama before that was epic to the max. Helps with the fact that Patrick was chanting "Uchenna and Joyce... Uchenna and Joyce" at the finishing line.
Meredith and Gretchen beating Lynn and Alex at F5.
Meredith and Gretchen surviving till the final 4.
Meredith and Gretchen signing autographs for the people in India.

TAR 8:
Mama Paolo: "Who wants to go to Phoenix, Arizona?", "I want to go to New Zealand!" :lol:
Paolo Family, thinking they might get eliminated start putting on many clothes, saw the Bransen Family coming in and ran to the pitstop. Phil went... "You look ridiculous"
Weaver Family sitting on the Yield Mat and had McDonalds. -.-
Gaghan Family getting eliminated. Little Carissa crying = :'( Damn that COFFEE BEAN that Tammy couldn't find!!!!!! :'(

TAR 9:
Fran and Barry checking in first in Oman. Major SHOCKER.
Danielle and Dani getting eliminated because of Lake and Michelle's Yield.
BJ and Tyler, MoJo and Eric and Jeremy's 3 way footrace to the F4 NEL point. Hippies were last.

Okay.. that was alot for 9 seasons... let me go see if I can find some of the moments I mentioned!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 08:34:45 AM »
Oh I forgot about Gretchen falling in the cave, hurting her face, and still continuing on the Race <33333333 TAR 7 was an epic season with one of the best winners ever <33333

All of Flo's breakdowns were pretty epic :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 08:37:11 AM »
TAR 9 3-way footrace!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LeI_VFmg7mc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LeI_VFmg7mc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2011, 08:43:58 AM »
I made these videos when it was around Season 14. Those were what I feel as the few "epic moments" on TAR.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUanMr0qKT8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zUanMr0qKT8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
A few of those "Dumb" Epic Moments.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kYDks7sFag?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4kYDks7sFag?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Funny moments.. :lol:

Wished I had the time to do more of these! To include moments after TAR 14. :neener:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »
This photo is simply EPIC  :yess: :hoot:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 08:53:53 AM »
You guys have mentioned some truly amazing ones. Here are some of mine, some of which have already been mentioned:

TAR3 - Flo & Zach would be classified as epic, in my books, from the second Swiss leg onwards! :lol3:

TAR 6 - The Mount Hua padlock Roadblock - most ridiculously awesome challenge of all time!

TAR7 - Joyce shaving her head, enough said...

TAR9 - 3-way footrace was quite epic! The whole Thailand leg of TAR9 was also epic, with the grasshoppers Fast Forward and the monkeys and the MoJo Meltdown!

TAR11 - Charla & Mirna winning their legs! I love them to death! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

TAR12 - Nathan & Jennifer's obsession with winning a leg, which, ironically, was never fulfilled! :lol3: :lol3: The footrace with Azaria & Hendekea was great. The meltdown in beautiful Dubrovnik was spectacular! The taxi driver not taking them because they are wet! And also losing in Japan to Ron & Chris! Also from TAR12, the whole Italy leg was pretty epic! And the TAR12 memory task was the hardest one they have ever had! :yess:

TAR13 - The mayhem with the paint Roadblock in India! Also, the Fighting Cholitas Roadblock was epic! And Toni & Dallas losing their passports... :'(

TAR14 - Christie & Jodi vs. Preston & Jennifer footrace was quite decent! Mel blitzing past everyone in India at the Roadblock was beyond epic!!! :yess:

TAR15 - Mika + water slide. Or - Maria + high striker!!! (:;)

TAR16 - I'd also definitely classify the Champagne Towers Detour in Epernay and the Ox Trot Detour on The Seychelles as extremely epic moments from an otherwise bland TAR16.

TAR17 - Nat & Kat - first ever all-female winners! Claire goes viral on the Internet for smashing a watermelon in her face! (I think that was the only time that people at my school were taking about TAR!) I also thought the first Russia leg was epic!

TAR18 - Kisha & Jen winning! I loved them so much on TAR14, and this was the perfect end to Unfinished Business for me! :hearts:

TAR19 - this season has been a little underwhelming for me, but Legs 6-8 were all very good! :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UHqgsxlHjZ8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UHqgsxlHjZ8?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Somebody did a video of all the U-TURNs and Yields compiled. :jam:

Relieved back some good ol' memories!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 09:06:13 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvJdJmDxGZ0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pvJdJmDxGZ0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

My Ox is Broken!!!!!!!!!!! Only to be shut up by Christie with "It's right here" :res:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 09:07:45 AM »
My Ox Is Broken is just pure gold!!! :lol3:

My favourite Yield of all time would go to Lake & Michelle for Yielding Danielle & Dani. My second least favourite team got kicked off (with my least favourite being Eric & Jeremy) and my favourite team (Ray & Yoland) from the season got to survive! :yess:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »
I'm surprised that a couple of other epic moments from TAR 1 (whose 10th anniversary we have been celebrating all season):
* Kevin and Drew running across the footbridge at Victoria Falls. (So epic CBS used the image to promote the original Race for months prior to the broadcast.
* And still one of my all-time favorites. Rob-Brennan and Frank-Margaritta during the last 10 minutes of the season one finale as they race from Newark to Queens to the Flushing Meadows finish line. (Not to mention the Guido edit!)
-- theschnauzers

paldog123456

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2011, 12:24:04 PM »
This epic moment was accompanied by EPIC music. :lol:

*The taxi race between Nicolas & Donald and Azaria & Hendekea up to the Stone Cross overlooking Dubrovnik Croatia. The perfect location for the Pit Stop, too. :lol3:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2011, 12:25:37 PM »
I definitely loved, in TAR 4, the great recovery from Kelly & Jon, including the foot race between Millie & Chuck. That was: They departed in last, they went to the first Route Info Marker, and when they saw the FAST FORWARD, they didn't even read the Route Info Clue. They drove a long while (over 90 minutes, I think) and went to see the Fast Forward had been claimed... Back to the other place to complete the rest of the tasks being in last+2 hours deficit? Detour, Roadblock in a cave, and finding Chuck already in there. Then, footrace to the Pitstop, with Kelly & Jon knowing where it was (next to the FF site) and Millie & Chuck out. It's been one of my favourite episodes ever.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2011, 05:28:23 PM »
Some of my favorite epic moments include "My Ox is broken!" from TAR 5 (which I loved as well) and the donkeys from TAR 12, particularly when Nate & Jen's donkey is slowing down and Nate is getting mad, whereupon Jen tells him, "You can't yell like that!"  Then the donkey hee-haws, and it sounds so much like laughter that I burst out laughing!   :lol3:

Another epic moment from TAR 12 is when Nate & Jen were finally eliminated!  I was hoping and praying that Nate & Jen wouldn't make the finals when someone here was saying they would (and would win, even worse).  So as I saw TK & Rachel and Nicholas & Donald pass Nate & Jen, I was thinking, "Could it be?  Could it be?"  And then -- it happened!  TK & Rachel and Nicholas & Donald made it to the finals and I could celebrate!

As for TAR 17 (my favorite season), the epic moments include Claire continuing on despite getting hit with a watermelon in the face, Nat & Kat's doing the Fast-Forward despite Kat's being a vegetarian, Nat's dealing with her fear of heights in the final leg and Nat & Kat's being the first all-female team to win the original TAR series!  I was screaming and jumping up and down when they won!   :yess:

Belle Book

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »
I love villainy teams, so I enjoyed the battle between Carol and Brandy and Brent and Caite all season long. Caite got her redemption in the end to show haters what she can do (though Carol and Brandy has to go ugh why :'( they should both be in final 3 for a final fight)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2011, 06:18:45 PM »
The cast of TAR10 itself was epic!  :hrt:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2011, 11:26:06 PM »
I definitely loved, in TAR 4, the great recovery from Kelly & Jon, including the foot race between Millie & Chuck. That was: They departed in last, they went to the first Route Info Marker, and when they saw the FAST FORWARD, they didn't even read the Route Info Clue. They drove a long while (over 90 minutes, I think) and went to see the Fast Forward had been claimed... Back to the other place to complete the rest of the tasks being in last+2 hours deficit? Detour, Roadblock in a cave, and finding Chuck already in there. Then, footrace to the Pitstop, with Kelly & Jon knowing where it was (next to the FF site) and Millie & Chuck out. It's been one of my favourite episodes ever.

OMG. THIS THIS THIS.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »
Not really an epic moment, but this one was just hilarious:

Jordan (of Jordan & Jeff) was attempting to eat the French baguette on Leg 5 and talk at the same time, and then the subtitles at the bottom of the screen say, "? ? ? ? ? ?" :cmaslol

Offline Thames Pirate

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 10:50:51 AM »
TAR 1:  Nancy/Emily vs. Joe/Bill, of course!  The final 10 minutes were also pretty epic.

TAR 2:  Follow that plane!  The footrace at the end was pretty intense, too.

TAR 3:  Flo's meltdown

TAR 4:  Kelly/Jon coming from behind

TAR 5:  Colin going with the police in Tanzania, "my ox is broken" and Colin on the ascender (sad about that one)

TAR 6:  Freddy puking in his soup, the lock challenge, the hay bales

TAR 7:  Brian/Greg avoiding elimination after their car crash, the meat challenge in Argentina

TAR 8:  Haven't seen it

TAR 9:  3 way foot race

TAR 10:  Bilal/Saeed elimination, Cho boys giving the FF to David/Mary, Dustin/Kandice driving past the olive plantation, Lyn/Karlyn finding the flight to Orly

TAR 11:  Rob/Amber vs. Charla/Mirna, the long delays/flight trouble in Tanzania, Dustin/Kandice buying the Yield, and Charla/Mirna finding the better flight to Hawaii

TAR 12:  Animals--the donkeys in leg 1/the camels in Burkina Faso!  I'd also add the memory challenge

TAR 13:  The paint roadblock in India, Dan/Andrew "marching"

TAR 14:  The cheese task in leg 1, some of the best scenery

TAR 15:  Globetrotters giving up, Mika on the water slide

TAR 16:  Nothing comes to mind--if I had to pick, I'd say the coconut carts in the Seychelles or Dan/Jordan's move to first class

TAR 17:  Again, not much comes to mind, but I guess I'd pick Nat/Kat eating the sheep's head or maybe the restaurant at the end (the sushi)

TAR 18:  I loved the final tasks in the Keys and the scenery (particularly China).  The tea task was great!

TAR 19:  Not much comes to mind here, either.

You'll notice a pattern here:  I loved the early seasons, and more recently they're fine, but not epic.  Part of it is the challenges, and part of it is the play of the game.  In years past, the challenges have had a significant outcome on the game--you had no way of knowing in which order teams would leave a task, while recently it seems like there's less constant shifting of placement throughout the tasks.  They are shorter, with fewer overnight waits, etc.  They're just something teams do.

Play of the game is the most significant decline IMO.  Teams no longer have as much time to interact.  They are isolated at pit stops, there are fewer overnight waits (the "choose a departure time" stuff has gotten less frequent--it used to be standard on the first leg, which gave teams a chance to get to know one another), and in general there is less drama among teams.  There are also fewer opportunities for strategy.  While I don't think a FF is necessary on every leg or anything like that, there should be more chances to make decisions regarding the game (FF, Yield/U Turn/Intersection) and regarding travel (anyone make any bold moves regarding travel lately?)  While I understand that the airport is not the most exciting part of Egypt, for example, it is where Christy and Colin blocked the door from Charla and Mirna and where the latter then found better flights.  When C/C booked everyone else on that flight, C/M were able to find a better connection (that was, unfortunately, delayed, though).  C/M also made big flight moves in Joburg and Hawaii in TARAS.  Those things could have (and sometimes did) have significant impact on the game play.  Nowadays it's "all teams are flying . . . "  Detour and travel choices are also less critical.  Nate/Jen taking the subway vs. a cab led to their elimination, while Brian/Greg's detour choice spared them.  The choices are more bland now--which is a personal preference vs. which is faster?

It no longer feels like "the world is waiting for you."  The interactions with locals on all levels (cabs, etc) was far more dramatic in early seasons, choice was more of a factor, and I felt like I got to know teams better (two hour premiers and team interplay help with that).  It's still wonderful, but it's less epic.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »
This is mine...

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 08:13:06 PM »

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »

NoluckBoston

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
Does anyone remember the episode where Terri and Ian changed clothing, and they were in "paper" underwear?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 07:08:44 AM »
Does anyone remember the episode where Terri and Ian changed clothing, and they were in "paper" underwear?

:cmaslol :cmaslol :cmaslol