Author Topic: Escape Routes (NBC)  (Read 4672 times)

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Escape Routes (NBC)
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:05:08 PM »
Did anyone watch this?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Escape Routes (NBC)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
No...what's it about??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
I saw something about this. Looks like another Race-type show. :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »
I watched it last night with less than 100% of my attention. I was doing 2 or 3 other things at the same time, so I didn't see or understand all of it. It had 6 teams of two, all fairly young (early to mid 20s). They were staying in Manhattan and doing various tasks. The first one had them using Ipads to find the locations of several iconic New York City landmarks where they had to get people to take their pictures duplicating the photographs. The teams received points for the order in which they finished. They then were told to go find their own iconic landmarks and make their own iconic images. Each team had an image online and their followers (and the public?) voted for the best one which was worth more points. While I saw a lot of travel on foot, I saw teams with Fords (Escapes?) throughout the show. The followers must be important, because one team was fretting about how they had fewer followers than the other teams. Sounds like a Twitter or Facebook connection to me.

During the second half of the show, apparently a day or two later,  they were doing competitions for yet more points (archery, grabbing rings on a jousting spear from the back of a truck, having one teammate lead the other blindfolded teammate and  seeing how many Ford Escape features the blindfolded one could activate in a short period of time (2 minutes?). I missed the end, so I don't know who won or if anyone was eliminated. Since I missed the beginning as well, I don't know what the prize is at the end of the season.

I think this may have been the Ford Focus Rally or a cheaply done offshoot of that. Since there isn't much else on at 8 PM on Saturday nights, I'd probably watch it again, but it's not must see TV.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:54:07 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »
Plaidmoon,

This may clear up some of the unknown left combined with your good report of examples of first-episode tasks:

Collaborate live with the teams as they drive in the all-new 2013 Ford Escape from city to city, competing for cash and prizes around every turn.

Help a team win the ultimate prize of an all-new Escape and YOU could win a variety of prizes too – including trips to the set of the show or an all-new Ford Escape.