Author Topic: Something weird about the last leg (Copenhagen)  (Read 9058 times)

Offline nirmachlev

• RFF Newbie
Something weird about the last leg (Copenhagen)
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:27:39 AM »
I was in Copenhagen in July 5th when the candidates arrived to H.C. Andersen sculpture and I took few pictures of them.
After I watch the episode in sunday I noticed something weird:
When I was there,Andy & Tommy arrived there few minutes before Bill & Cathi,but in the last episode Bill & Cathi got there before Andy & Tommy.
Is there a chance they changed the order of the arriving teams during the editing?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:48:52 AM by nirmachlev »

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Something weird about the last leg (Copenhagen)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 07:38:30 AM »
Welcome to RFF nirmachlev! I hope you had an exciting time seeing the teams in Copenhagen!

That is indeed very strange! Your photos tell us that Bill & Cathi arrived two minutes after the shot of Andy & Tommy was taken, which is not how it was portrayed in the episode..

It is explicitly stated that Bill & Cathi arrived second to the statue, which we now know is not true! I suspect they did this to support the story that Cathi lost loads of time getting lost on the bike, when in reality, she was probably in third all along.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 07:39:45 AM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, nirmachlev!

Impressive job! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:38:35 AM »
Last leg had loads of weird editing huh....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
:welcome: to RFF, nirmachlev! Thank you so much for sharing!!

I am not aware of any edits being made like this...UNLESS there was a minor production time that needed adjusting. Time credits and debits are given for production problems, so that is one possibility. The other is that both of these teams came back a second time...it is possible that they did a stand up as if it was the first time as well.

Did you by chance see them come back the second time? Very interesting, anyway!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:04 PM »
That really is unusual for the editors. I agree with Peach that it's most likely an editor adjustment due to a production time credit.

BTW, in re-watching the leg last night, I did notice that the plaque with HCA's poem was not firmly attached to the base of the statute; a side view of the statute including the base, shows that the metal plaque was at a slight angle (and one can see the daylight from the other side. (It's about 20-30 degrees from vertical with the top edge resting against the statute base.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, nirmachlev!

Impressive job! :hearts:

Good job!, Nirmachlev!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 07:36:03 PM »
Only production delay could account for this.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »
I was in Copenhagen in July 5th when the candidates arrived to H.C. Andersen sculpture and I took few pictures of them.
When I was there,Andy & Tommy arrived there few minutes before Bill & Cathi,but in the last episode Bill & Cathi got there before Andy & Tommy.
Is there a chance they changed the order of the arriving teams during the editing?

Was the first picture photographed in Copenhagen? ??? I'm wondering why so many Chinese people were there as onlookers watching contestants competing...  :groan:
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 11:24:19 PM »
Was the first picture photographed in Copenhagen? ??? I'm wondering why so many Chinese people were there as onlookers watching contestants competing...  :groan:

Haha yes it was in the same spot! In the actual broadcast, we see a couple of tour buses parked alongside the statue.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »

Probably just a Chinese tour group.  :duno:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
Which visit to the H.C.A. statue are we talking about? The first time Bill/Cathi were ahead of Andy/Tommy based on their 5 minute advantage on the release from the Havet. Andy had to go back for minimal expressiveness in reading the poem and Cathi had to go back for inability to completely recite it accurately. When they returned for their second try, Andy was in the lead as I remember it.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 04:47:10 PM »
Which visit to the H.C.A. statue are we talking about? The first time Bill/Cathi were ahead of Andy/Tommy based on their 5 minute advantage on the release from the Havet. Andy had to go back for minimal expressiveness in reading the poem and Cathi had to go back for inability to completely recite it accurately. When they returned for their second try, Andy was in the lead as I remember it.

From the photos, we can see he is talking about the first encounter, as we see Bill reaching to grab one of the clues and Andy & Tommy reading the clue together. This didn't and wouldn't have happened on the second pass. The issue is that these two photos indicate that the arrival order was switched in editing.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »
Bill and Cathi and Andy and Tommy arrived at the same time at Havet Ship but departed 5 minutes apart too!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
I believe that they recieved a time-credit of 5 minutes actually...that seemed to me to be the only explanation for what we were given on-screen
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.