Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 11 "We Are Charlie Chaplin" (Panama City, Panama)  (Read 79246 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 11 "We Are Charlie Chaplin" (Panama City, Panama)
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2011, 10:04:11 AM »
Well we do have that stand ...maybe instead of ice cream it is selling SQUID?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2011, 10:07:28 AM »
Well we do have that stand ...maybe instead of ice cream it is selling SQUID?? :lol:

Maybe they have to sell squid ice cream...I've seen it on Iron Chef  :groan:

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »
That stand could be either the second detour or a route info between the RB and the detour.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2011, 11:25:59 AM »
I never got to locate the squid task but my gut feeling was that it was also down by Casco Viejo.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
I didn't know a lot about Panama Viejo...this makes me want to see more!

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/790/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hypnotree

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2011, 06:56:12 PM »
This is as disappointing as when the Cowboys were eliminated. And since when isn't a professional football player who probably makes MILLIONS of dollar as "famous" person. That would make me sick if they actually won.  Of the teams who are left, I really don't know that I will even bother watching.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »
 :bigwelcome to RFF Hypnotree!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »
How do A&T get eliminated?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2011, 07:36:10 PM »
How do A&T get eliminated?

We will have an AT on Plaza de la Independencia,and they will leave the plaza 2 hours before the other teams.

Offline AR FAN

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
How Ironic, Andy and Tommy won a couple of legs because other teams made mistakes. But in the end a mistake cost them the entire race.  :groan:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
How Ironic, Andy and Tommy won a couple of legs because other teams made mistakes. But in the end a mistake cost them the entire race.  :groan:

I miss a "however" on the pit stop... :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
This was such a great episode. I loved it.

I wish I had watched more of this season. I saw the first two or three episodes, and then the last two!

Can't wait until the finale next week. :)

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2011, 12:34:57 AM »
Has anyone else seen the facebook pace? It's just like when the cowboys were eliminated.  :res:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2011, 03:58:32 AM »
 :lol: BEST. LEG. EVER. THIS. ENTIRE. SEASON. :lol:

The final three teams ALL appearing on the mat at the same time is seriously LOL.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2011, 06:18:38 AM »
The best leg was when Bill & Cathi got eliminated.

Offline Topita

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2011, 07:14:15 AM »
I didn't know a lot about Panama Viejo...this makes me want to see more!

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/790/

I've been there a few years ago, it's definitely worth seeing as is the Panama Canal Museum.  :)
Actually all of Panama is very pretty, it has amazing wildlife & gorgeous uninhabited islands and nature reserves.  :)

As for this episode, well.. I wasn't that excited about the ending.
I wasn't a huge fan of the A & T but they were definitely the strongest team throughout and I don't think they deserved to be eliminated like they did.

The other teams were almost all equally clueless (except for one asking about the etched building which was recognized by the cabbie), they just got lucky that the cabbies talked to eachother. This was not by their own merit or else they would have been in search for Balboa avenue or statue as well I dare say.  :lol:

I don't understand why in some legs teams have to go back and get their clue right and in others - when it's passed on by cabbies - this is ok?  :duno:

Tbh I have no big favorites with the remaining three because I think the team that deserved to win most up till now is gone.  :(

ETA: I felt A& T getting eliminated might be coming since they editted other teams complaining about how strong they were, the mojo with the bad luck stones and the 'shocker' thing that was being repeated as well.
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. :)

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
THAT WAS AN AWESOME LEG!!!! :hearts: :hearts:
Best of the season!!!
Great challenges. They were pretty hard. We saw a lot of the country, from the natives and the market to skyscrapers and touristic/historic places.
It was action packed. Big coup de théâtre at the end of the episode. Those were missing from this season I think.
Love how the final three came almost at the same time on the mat. It was pretty moving to see all six of them happy to be there. Cindy saying to J/S "I'm so happy for you guys" because they won, E/C and J/S calling A/M when they arrive at the pitstop, Marcus making a David/Goliath reference. WOW.
The taxi thing was never seen before (?). It was epic.
I really though that A/T were going to be part of the finale, but hey, they won three trips, $25,000 and two cars.
I'm routing for Ernie & Cindy, but I would be pretty happy to see any team win the race.

Has anyone else seen the facebook pace? It's just like when the cowboys were eliminated.  :res:
Why are they doing that??? :groan: Nobody cheated or anything.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
As much as I like the Snowboarders, I can't defend their elimination as unfair because it was their own fault. :lol: :(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »
What facebook pace? I haven't seened anything!

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2011, 10:43:05 AM »
Amazing. I have to say that, as a Tintin fan, the beggining of the leg was incredible. A great "equalizing" task to begin, which, as a great Tintin fan, I loved. AND, when I went to Brussels about a year and a half ago I definitely LOVED the Atomium and that specific painting in the wall, so it was just AMAZING to get those points connected. Production deserves a prize for that.

About the leg, GREAT, one of the greatest ever. Definitely. Quite a lot of tasks and Route Markers, but it was just amazing to see so many things of the country. With no doubts, the best Central-South American leg EVER.

The winners, just got a bad luck day. And the F3 teams a lucky day, that taxi ride was just incredible, as some teams were going to the SAME place Andy & Tommy had been in, so that wasn't anything but luck. REALLY.

I loved Jeremy & Sandy winning the leg, and even though people may think they do not deserve it, I want them to get the million. Anyway, I'm happy if those Ernie & Cindy don't win, or even better; they should get 3rd place.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
I was wondering if the Tintin task was related to the Steven Spielburg movie that either has just or is about to be released. I was half-expecting a reference to the film (as TAR 9 did with the DaVinci Code).

So I was surprised about the lack of mention. I will say the producers did manage to find an actor/model who could look just like Tintin, but I'm still not sure if it really had anything to do with Brussels or with Belgium. But that was a good middle-of-the-night task that slowed down the teams to a preferred flight to Panama (after the train) and gave Phil and Bert more time to get to Panama ahead of the teams.
-- theschnauzers

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2011, 12:04:12 PM »
I was wondering if the Tintin task was related to the Steven Spielburg movie that either has just or is about to be released. I was half-expecting a reference to the film (as TAR 9 did with the DaVinci Code).

So I was surprised about the lack of mention. I will say the producers did manage to find an actor/model who could look just like Tintin, but I'm still not sure if it really had anything to do with Brussels or with Belgium. But that was a good middle-of-the-night task that slowed down the teams to a preferred flight to Panama (after the train) and gave Phil and Bert more time to get to Panama ahead of the teams.

TinTin is Belgian! Herge, the creator of TinTin, lived in Brussels. TinTin is like a national icon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
Slowhatch thought so too:

Eh, another plug, same as Ford.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2011, 04:18:13 PM »
Tintin is definitely very Belgian. When I think of Belgium I think waffles, the EU, and Tintin, all of which the race actually managed to cover. Nice!

(The EU visit was slightly contrived, a translation task between the gazillion languages the organisation uses - and has to translate on a daily basis - would be epic.)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
It's obviously subliminal marketing for the movie. ( It's working)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.