Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 11 "We Are Charlie Chaplin" (Panama City, Panama)  (Read 79236 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 19 EP 11 "We Are Charlie Chaplin" (Panama City, Panama)
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:16 PM »
The race continues in Panama.

Thanks to LoveRocked for the title find!

THE FINAL FOUR TEAMS RACE THROUGH PANAMA CITY, WHERE THEY MUST FACE THEIR FEARS WHILE TAKING IN ASTONISHING VIEWS OF THE CITY SKYLINE, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, DEC. 4

CHEAT TWEET:  4 teams remain! Racers are in Panama City where 1 team’s missteps may mean elimination on #AmazingRace! 12/4 8pmET/PT http://bit.ly/

“We Are Charlie Chaplin” (Panama City, Panama) – The final four teams make their way to Panama City, where they come face-to-face with their fears as they take in astonishing views of the city skyline, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Dec. 4 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:24:13 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 19 EP 11 (Title TBD) Panama
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »
PREVIEW!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/UcKxms-onog?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/UcKxms-onog?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PROMO!! Thanks WP!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/o5FYcJstBr8?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/o5FYcJstBr8?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

PROMO 2!! Thanks WP!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nQ_3KDIK8I?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4nQ_3KDIK8I?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:48:04 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:32 PM »
Thanks to Dom El for the awesome TIMELINE!

Leg 11 (Brussels, Belgium → Panama City, Panama ) (Confirmation) (Sighting by local)

FilmedJuly 8

BroadcastDecember 4
START LINEAtomium, Brussels (Facebook)

FLIGHTS Unknown

ROUTE INFOParara Puru (Local info / Chateau)

TASKInvolved having next clue written on team members' arm: 'Francisco Bay'.

ROUTE INFOSan Francisco Bay - Torre 100 (Intro Screencaps)

ROADBLOCKHigh-wire walk between two towers (Intro Screencaps)

ROUTE INFO/DetourPlaza de Francia (Twitter / Slowhatch)

ROUTE INFO   
Plaza de la Independencia, Casco Viejo, Panama City (Local info / Chateau)

TASK   Spot words 'Panama Viejo' on dancers' skirts.

TEAMSAmani & Marcus, Andy & Tommy, Ernie & Cindy, Jeremy & Sandy

PIT STOP Panama Viejo (Elimination Leg) (Intro / Chateau)

SAFEAmani & MarcusErnie & Cindy, Jeremy & Sandy
AT RISKAndy & Tommy
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:56:03 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »
saved for summaries, if any!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:22:13 PM »
Saved for Maps
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 12:51:31 AM »
It always bothers me when they mirror a clip in the show.  There was the time in Dubai when Colin's wristwatch was suddenly on his right hand and not his left.  Why?  Because they wanted to hide the fact that Racers were running to a clue to the left.  In mirror reversal Colin was running to the 'right'.  This was done to hide the Roadblock of the leg.

So, here in Panama we have a mirror reversed clip again!    :browsie: ???   Why?

From TAR19's opening credits, here is an image from the clip of the dancers in front of the Catedral Metropolitana in Casco Viejo.

Now look at this shot of the cathedral and what do we have?  panoramio

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 12:51:58 AM »
So now that it is established that the clip is mirror reversed, what are they hiding this time?   :snicker:

Look at the central dancer!  There is something odd about her dress!     :hoot:   In the two shots below, which have been re-reversed to normal view, you may be able to see it!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 12:52:16 AM »
I think that the clue to the next location is written in the design of the dress!  The last five letters are: V - i - e - j - o

I can't make out the preceding letters, but Viejo is enough of a clue to make an educated guess:

The next location (or maybe even the Pit Stop) is Panama Viejo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNKhXqCea-A?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eNKhXqCea-A?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 12:56:40 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 12:56:45 AM »
Bravo! But the place they are dancing is the Casco Viejo... Think we can figure out the first word?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 01:13:51 AM »
We need a good HD frame by frame of the clip.  I can't do frame by frame on my set.  I just get the moment of the click and most of the time it goes halfsies with the next frame.

I figure we are seeing a clue because only one dancer is shown with it, she's the subject of the clip, and the attempt to mask it.

I could not find any other nnnnn Viejos in Panama City that would be worthy of being a next destination.  And if they were anyplace other than Casco Viejo then Casco Viejo would be a good guess too.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 01:58:06 AM »
We need a good HD frame by frame of the clip.  I can't do frame by frame on my set.

But I can!! :tup:

All have been reversed, this is a complete HD set.

RFF's Golden Rule:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 02:16:03 AM »
in #15 does the women on the far right have numbers on her dress?

11, 6, ....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »
oooh!! Good eye!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:23 PM »
Reporting directly from Panama, and repeating here,( just to throw Sucks a bone it was already posted there) I learned from vendors at the Plaza de la Idependencia of Casco Viejo (pictured above) that these four Teams were seen:  Marcus & Amani, Tommy & Andy, Jeremy & Sandy, and Ernie & Cindy.  It was also observed that Tommy & Andy were the last to leave the plaza.   :groan:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 05:55:39 PM »
Quite sad that Bill and Cathi did finish the race in 5th, I was hoping to see them make it through to Panama after all :(
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »
Reporting directly from Panama, and repeating here,( just to throw Sucks a bone it was already posted there) I learned from vendors at the Plaza de la Idependencia of Casco Viejo (pictured above) that these four Teams were seen:  Marcus & Amani, Tommy & Andy, Jeremy & Sandy, and Ernie & Cindy.  It was also observed that Tommy & Andy were the last to leave the plaza.   :groan:

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: :hrt: :luvya: :luvya:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 06:17:21 PM »
Continuing the Panama Adventure, I followed a hunch that the Race would go to palace of great cultural interest.  So I took a tour up the Chagres River which is very close to Panama City.  With dozens of places to visit, my guide took me straight to the village of the Parara Puru tribe which one of the indigenous Embera who live in Panama.  It happens that the Race visited that exact same village   :tup:

Here are some of the Embera as we were approached at the river's edge:   :hearts:

I will report more when the data rate is cheaper!  But here is the clue, literally, written on my arm by one of the tattoo artists in the village:

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »

Do you know if there was a big gap of time between J/S & E/C and A/M & A/T???
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:39:08 PM by Flamant »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 06:34:36 PM »

Andy & Tommy aren't my favorite team, but I was hoping that it would be Jeremy & Sandy who were the last to leave the plaza more.

Belle Book

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:57 PM »
Great sleuthing Chateau! Belle, I was hoping J&S didn't make it to Panama full-stop!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 06:40:31 PM »
Jeremy and Sandy made it to F3. Sorry...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
Now if I recall correctly, we had a sighting of Marcus & Amani being eliminated here

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 06:43:42 PM »
^I'm not sure about that
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 06:44:16 PM »
We did but was slightly haphazard.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47:49 PM »
Good job Chateau!! Francisco Bar??

Let's keep any FINAL three discussion in spec on spoilers please.
RFF's Golden Rule: