Author Topic: World Race Productions  (Read 8402 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
World Race Productions
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:51:10 PM »
I understand the secrecy needed for the type of work that WRP does, but general info on this company is very hard to come by! Has anyone ever seen WRP advertising for positions or jobs for example? Does anyone know if it is just a small team that outsources most day-to-day stuff or is it a genuine full scale company?

I wonder why they don't even have a website!

Edit: no need for this topic to be in the trash. Good discussion I think! ~Rob
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:10:21 PM by Rob »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: World Race Productions
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 01:52:11 PM »
The most I have ever seen about the company is the online information taken from the annual registration statement filed with the California Secretary of State. Which doesn't tell us much, either.

Unless a company issues publicly held stock, it's very difficult to find any information.....especially if the business uses a limited liability entity format (the U.S. version, not the version more common in other countries).
-- theschnauzers

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »
It is true, it's hard to find info on a private company. But I would love to find out more on this company.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »
Try Earthview, Inc.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Encino/earthview-inc/40729420.aspx

Earthview, Inc.
Updated 10/18/2011 - This profile of Earthview, Inc. was created using data from California Secretary of State

Officers

Bertram Van Munster
        President

Earthview, Inc.
Earthview, Inc. Earthview, Inc. has a location in Encino, CA. Active officers include Bertram Van Munster. Earthview, Inc. filed as a Articles of Incorporation on Thursday, February 18, 1982 in the state of California and is currently active. David B Feldman serves as the registered agent for this organization.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:55:53 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »
Here's more:

His (Van Munster's) production company, Earthview Incorporated, maintains satellite offices around the globe, including Singapore, Buenos Aires, Argentina and New Delhi, India.

I don't know the specific legal relationship between World Race Productions and Earthview, Inc. but I assume that Eathview is the parent.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 07:57:24 AM by apskip »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:50:02 AM »
There is a lot of information about WRP out there.
Its mostly hidden in obscurity to prevent Bertram and Co. from being deluged with "I want to be on TAR" emails.

I would request that if you do find something that leads you to email addresses and contact information that you don't post it here. A company like WRP needs a certain amount of anonymity to be able to function and keep race details secret.

We don't post racers home addresses and private facebook information here, can we give WRP the same courtesy?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
Thats a good point walkingpneumonia. But if they put it on the web, doesn't that make it public knowledge?

If I put something on facebook, I'm pretty much opening it up for the world to see. If I don't want my email address out there, I wouldn't put it online for the world to see.

But I don't think Bertram is the right person to email if you want on TAR either!! LOL

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »
Thats a good point walkingpneumonia. But if they put it on the web, doesn't that make it public knowledge?

If I put something on facebook, I'm pretty much opening it up for the world to see. If I don't want my email address out there, I wouldn't put it online for the world to see.

But I don't think Bertram is the right person to email if you want on TAR either!! LOL

Yep, if its on the interwebs its public knowledge.
So its OK if I post your home address and phone number here? Probably not.

My point is that WRP tries to maintain security around its domain, email addresses and phone numbers. Sometimes they slip up and it ends up out there on the internet.
In order to continue producing TAR in a cost effective and profitable manner they need some anonymity. All I'm asking is that we assist them by not exposing their errors.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:11 AM »
Can't disagree with ya there!! lol

But its like Area 51 or any thing else with some secrecy around it...We all want to know and its fun to poke around!! haha

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:55 AM »
I bet that a good portion of TAR's 10 million viewers have never heard of WRP. Most just refer to it as being made by CBS.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:46 PM »
Can't disagree with ya there!! lol

But its like Area 51 or any thing else with some secrecy around it...We all want to know and its fun to poke around!! haha
I wouldn't want to discourage poking around - but if you find the aliens please don't poke them too hard. :gnome
Don't want to make them mad.
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
I'm sure that many members here have info on WRP, Dom El, but by the simple fact that your thread was sent to trash immediately shows that they would like to keep their relations with WRP a secret.

I'm sure if you listen to RFF Radio you will find out why Rob is interested in this matter. :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 02:11:15 AM »
^TRUE, Snooky. True. Many members here may actually be secret ninjas. :lol: (JUST KIDDING) :lol3:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D