Author Topic: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**  (Read 40364 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2012, 03:54:03 PM »
Crowds hungry for Amazing Race Australia
By David Knox on May 24, 2012 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 0
They were all smiles last night as The Amazing Race Australia previewed their first episode to contest winners at Crown’s Village Cinemas, but things are about to get a whole lot more competitive when Seven’s Race begins on air next week.

In attendance last night were contestants Paul and Steve, James and Sarah, Ross and Tarryn, Shane and Andrew from Victoria, plus Sticky and Sam from Tasmania. The night was hosted by Price is Right announcer Brodie Young.

The 90 minute episode turns it on once again with spectacular shots, crazy challenges, slick editing and a cast that looks ready to implode. The first challenges range from zany to squeamish to exhausting. And the crowd were laughing in all the right spots. If you enjoyed last year’s series, buckle yourself in for another wild ride. ActiveTV have done it again.

As evidence of the show’s appeal, Seven advertised free tickets on their website, instead of liaising through a radio station, and netted more than 5000 requests.

The Amazing Race Australia premieres at 9pm Wednesday on Seven.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/05/crowds-hungry-for-amazing-race-australia.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 04:33:27 AM »
TWO NEW vids up on the website:

1. This season's opening titles (which are as awesome as last season's)
2. a sneak peek (slightly longer version) which is Sarah trying to catch the pig, her skirt flies up, she's wearing a g-string and... you know what happens

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:27 AM »
can someone please upload that intro to youtube? I want to see it badly. :)
Bring on the 21!

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »
Support for villain Paul on The Amazing Race

Confidential reporter From: Herald Sun June 30, 2012 12:00AM

VICTORIA's teams have rallied behind villain Paul Montgomery as competition intensifies on The Amazing Race Australia.

Montgomery was accused of bulldozing by Grace Caristo in last week's episode, but couple Sarah Roza and James Kingsbury have dubbed her a "disgrace".

"She lied about Paul pushing her over and she's going to get her come-uppance and Australia will give it to her," Roza said.

Father and daughter Ross and Tarryn Thornton also came out fighting in support of Montgomery.

"The manipulation and things that's going on now . . . she handled herself wrong," Tarryn said.

The four Victorian teams caught up for lunch yesterday in Southbank.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/support-for-villain-paul-on-the-amazing-race/story-e6frf96o-1226412791736

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2012, 11:40:27 PM »

VICTORIA's teams have rallied behind villain Paul Montgomery as competition intensifies on The Amazing Race Australia.

Montgomery was accused of bulldozing by Grace Caristo in last week's episode, but couple Sarah Roza and James Kingsbury have dubbed her a "disgrace".

"She lied about Paul pushing her over and she's going to get her come-uppance and Australia will give it to her," Roza said.

Father and daughter Ross and Tarryn Thornton also came out fighting in support of Montgomery.

"The manipulation and things that's going on now . . . she handled herself wrong," Tarryn said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/support-for-villain-paul-on-the-amazing-race/story-e6frf96o-1226412791736
I knew it!!! We never actually saw on the camera, Paul pushing Grace.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »

Exactly!! but one thing I don't understand is that in the confessionals, Paul talks as if he did knock Grace over.. confusing  :groan:

I've noticed everyone commenting about Paul's actions in the Paul and Steve thread, but through the week i've checked out Tarryn and Sarah's twitters and they've had a huge discussion about how Grace is 'fake' and she went on the show for fame and she made up the whole pushing incident  :(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:52:40 PM by supah3ro »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 03:50:48 AM »

Exactly!! but one thing I don't understand is that in the confessionals, Paul talks as if he did knock Grace over.. confusing  :groan:

I've noticed everyone commenting about Paul's actions in the Paul and Steve thread, but through the week i've checked out Tarryn and Sarah's twitters and they've had a huge discussion about how Grace is 'fake' and she went on the show for fame and she made up the whole pushing incident  :(

Possibly taking grabs from the confessions about the pot smashing?

Notice in the supposed confession about Grace, Paul talked about his backpack knocking her over, and we DID see Paul's pack displacing a few pots in the India leg.

VERY strange for the racers to be bickering like that over twitter, though. Don't they usually get along reasonably well after the show?

And someone should have told me they were in Melbourne, I would have said hello.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
I find it weird that the teams talking about the incident weren't even there... ??? unless I'm missing something... ???

The only teams who were there running with Grace and Paul were Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia, so I think they would be able to give the most accurate account of the situation. :tup:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 04:29:03 AM »
I find it weird that the teams talking about the incident weren't even there... ??? unless I'm missing something... ???

The only teams who were there running with Grace and Paul were Michelle & Jo and Lucy & Emilia, so I think they would be able to give the most accurate account of the situation. :tup:

From my understanding, all teams arrived at the Roadblock at essentially the same time.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 04:35:19 AM »

From my understanding, all teams arrived at the Roadblock at essentially the same time.

Hmmm... in that case, I'm not sure what to make of that article... ???

I'm of the opinion that Paul was at fault entirely, but clearly the other teams aren't all thinking that way. ???

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2012, 04:40:15 AM »

Hmmm... in that case, I'm not sure what to make of that article... ???

I'm of the opinion that Paul was at fault entirely, but clearly the other teams aren't all thinking that way. ???

It is very, VERY strange that no footage of it was shown either. You would think they'd show it if something had happened. Also add into the fact that Lucy and Emilia who were seen to be right behind them looked genuinely bewildered at what Grace was yelling about and it seems very suss.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:32 AM »
Yeah, I was expecting to see some footage of the situation - whether it was a fall or a push - but we got absolutely nothing... :(

Obviously Paul did hit/knock/bump/touch/brush her - at least to some small degree - because he was claiming that he accidentally ran into her, but I wish there was some footage!!! :gaah:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2012, 08:01:31 AM »
My question: If Paul really didn't do anything to Grace, then why was Lucy of Emilia (I can't tell the difference! :lol:) trying to separate Grace from Paul like they would fight more? Also, maybe all teams in support are biased considering they are all from Victoria. :duno: Who knows.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2012, 08:37:48 AM »
My question: If Paul really didn't do anything to Grace, then why was Lucy of Emilia (I can't tell the difference! :lol:) trying to separate Grace from Paul like they would fight more? Also, maybe all teams in support are biased considering they are all from Victoria. :duno: Who knows.

Grace was screaming her head off. That would be cause to try and separate the two in my mind. Though it does make me think of another question that needs answering given the lack of footage- We see Paul state that he tried to apologise straight away, which shows that he obviously thought there was something to apologise for.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
I can't see that whole article, but remember Lucy and Emilia gave a conf about Grace's "really bad fall".
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
Was I the only one that heard Paul saying that he tried to apologize to Grace immediately after that incident?
I believe it was accidental.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move