Author Topic: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**  (Read 40269 times)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TAR Aus 2 Media & News **may contain spoilers**
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Cool bilboard. Nice find.

Lets try to work out when and in what timeslot it will air.

It wont be Monday or Tusday when the The Voice (The Voice is scoring over 2.5 million an episode, which is AMAZING in Australian ratings. So puting it up agianst it will be ratings suicide).

It wont be Friday (AFL on 7 in Melb, Ade and Per markekts) and probabily wont be Satarday or Sundays(I dont think it suits it  in Australia).

At Wednesday 8:30 7 is airing Revenge when its normal timeslot in Monday 8:30.
Which I think means 7 wants to warm up this timeslot for The Amazing Race Australia. 

Tell me what you think.

They've always gone with Thursday for TAR US, is it possible that they'll start running double headers? The American series would make an excellent lead in for AusTAR.

We currently have Border Security at 7:30 on Thursdays, so even a Grant Bowler double is possible.

Having said that, I think Wednesday night seems most likely. Once Australia's Got Talent finishes I think 7 will put a throwaway show in those slots and concede that block to The Voice. On the Wednesday night the major competition would come from Celebrity Apprentice AU and Biggest Loser: Singles (AU), both of which are kind of just middling. AusTAR could blow them well out.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:33:49 PM by Coutzy »

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:54 PM »
Cool bilboard. Nice find.

Lets try to work out when and in what timeslot it will air.

It wont be Monday or Tusday when the The Voice (The Voice is scoring over 2.5 million an episode, which is AMAZING in Australian ratings. So puting it up agianst it will be ratings suicide).

It wont be Friday (AFL on 7 in Melb, Ade and Per markekts) and probabily wont be Satarday or Sundays(I dont think it suits it  in Australia).

At Wednesday 8:30 7 is airing Revenge when its normal timeslot in Monday 8:30.
Which I think means 7 wants to warm up this timeslot for The Amazing Race Australia. 

Tell me what you think.

They've always gone with Thursday for TAR US, is it possible that they'll start running double headers? The American series would make an excellent lead in for AusTAR.

We currently have Border Security at 7:30 on Thursdays, so even a Grant Bowler double is possible.

Having said that, I think Wednesday night seems most likely. Once Australia's Got Talent finishes I think 7 will put a throwaway show in those slots and concede that block to The Voice. On the Wednesday night the major competition would come from Celebrity Apprentice AU and Biggest Loser: Singles (AU), both of which are kind of just middling. AusTAR could blow them well out.

I've said this all along but I definitely think that the race will premiere at 8:30PM on a Wednesday.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
I think that if TARAus does indeed go on Wednesdays, 7:30pm would be my guess at the timeslot, not 8:30pm, because this Australia's Got Talent show is currently on 3 nights a week, and in previous years it was only on 1 night a week, so I can foresee that timeslot opening up in the very near future, if the show were to revert to a 1 or 2 days per week format. :duno: Just my 2 cents worth. ;)
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2012, 02:35:52 AM »
I think that if TARAus does indeed go on Wednesdays, 7:30pm would be my guess at the timeslot, not 8:30pm, because this Australia's Got Talent show is currently on 3 nights a week, and in previous years it was only on 1 night a week, so I can foresee that timeslot opening up in the very near future, if the show were to revert to a 1 or 2 days per week format. :duno: Just my 2 cents worth. ;)
Your right but at the same time not right.

Your right about Australia's Got Talent going to 1 ep a week but worng about TARAU going to Wednesdays, 7:30pm
7 has Seven has scheduled AGT at Wednesday 7:30 PM.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/australias-got-talent-picks-wednesdays.html

As i said before i think Wednesday,8:30 (more like 8:45 with all the time delays)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 12:57:53 AM »
It's 01 May 2012...  This is the month..
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 01:11:33 AM »
I don't know If putting a piece of scanned magazine against the copyright issues, but I'm putting it under the spoiler tags,

Show content

If it's not legal, then I'll take it out..  ;)

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2012, 01:44:52 AM »
Cool .Any date? And what magazine?

Offline tarauslover

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2012, 02:43:49 AM »
Cool .Any date? And what magazine?

It depends when the US Race ends in Aus, I would say either 16th May (if the 7 skips last episode and shows this week's episode aka the 2nd Indian leg, then shows the 2hr finale next week) or the 23rd of May (if 7 shows the episode we missed last week, then the 2nd Indian leg/episode 10 on the 9th before the finale the week after on the 16th).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
Thanks Zouly! Scans are fine!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 10:52:10 AM »
There was a really weird advertisement of TARAus on during TAR tonight.

It was showing a woman (couldn't really tell who it was from the brief promo, but I'd guess it was one of the Italian sisters maybe?) trying to catch some sort of reptilian-like animal by jumping on it. :stare

Then I also saw the one with the Cops. That one's been on several times every night. Wonder if they'll ever make promos of other teams? :duno:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2012, 12:51:30 AM »

It was showing a woman (couldn't really tell who it was from the brief promo, but I'd guess it was one of the Italian sisters maybe?) trying to catch some sort of reptilian-like animal by jumping on it. :stare

Then I also saw the one with the Cops. That one's been on several times every night. Wonder if they'll ever make promos of other teams? :duno:

i just watched that

It was SARAH (of James and Sarah) in the PHILIPPINES at this Detour in Legazpi (Sarah was performing PIG)

This Leg's Detour was a choice between Jig and Pig. In Jig, teams would do traditional costumes and dance to the satisfaction of two judges. In Pig, teams would compete in a game of catching an oiled pig. They would have to collect two pigs to receive their next clue.

Sarah was walking around the arena thing and she jumped to catch a pig and her skirt flew up and her bum was showing to the whole world... (she was wearing a g-string)

how embarrassing...

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2012, 02:21:51 AM »

Promo 2 ?!

Hopefully uploaded soon...  :(

i just watched that

It was SARAH (of James and Sarah) in the PHILIPPINES at this Detour in Legazpi (Sarah was performing PIG)

This Leg's Detour was a choice between Jig and Pig. In Jig, teams would do traditional costumes and dance to the satisfaction of two judges. In Pig, teams would compete in a game of catching an oiled pig. They would have to collect two pigs to receive their next clue.

Sarah was walking around the arena thing and she jumped to catch a pig and her skirt flew up and her bum was showing to the whole world... (she was wearing a g-string)

how embarrassing...

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2012, 10:21:01 AM »

i just watched that

how embarrassing...

Yeah, I re-watched the promo and I definitely agree that it's Sarah! I don't know what I was seeing last time! :lol:

And I don't know why I thought she was catching a reptile instead of a pig, lol! :groan: :groan: :groan: I think I'm losing it! :iok

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2012, 01:11:06 AM »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 01:23:12 AM »
We have a new webpage.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/

I like it.

:wohoo:

Counting days... :cmas25

OMG..The "Starts Soon" thingy make me nervous...  :colors

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2012, 01:55:18 AM »

i just watched that

how embarrassing...

Yeah, I re-watched the promo and I definitely agree that it's Sarah! I don't know what I was seeing last time! :lol:

And I don't know why I thought she was catching a reptile instead of a pig, lol! :groan: :groan: :groan: I think I'm losing it! :iok

I just recorded the ad, uploaded to yotube and still wait for authority from the mods :)

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »

HOLY SNAPPP!!  I just passed a HUGE Billboard of TAR Aus while I'm driving past Caulfield, VIC still in Melbourne metro area, I'll post the picture when I got back home..

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »

Here's the Billboard that I passed during my trip to Caulfield, Melbourne, VIC

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »

Somehow I'm thinking... and I'm pretty sure, that there's another one like this in other states as well saying "Go Brisbane!" or similar like that...  :jam:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »

Somehow I'm thinking... and I'm pretty sure, that there's another one like this in other states as well saying "Go Brisbane!" or similar like that...  :jam:

There probably are, but I haven't seen any here in Sydney... :duno: Although I don't go into the City area very often, so it's possible that there are billboards which I haven't seen! :duno:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 03:27:19 AM »
I saw a picture of Sue & Teresa today!!! Actually two of them! There was an advertisement featuring the two of them hanging off two of the Bus Stops that my bus drove past.

Tomorrow, I will try to snap a photo of it and upload it! ;) However, if the bus doesn't stop at either of those stops, I won't be able to get a photo! :( Let's hope that the bus stops there tomorrow! ;)

I also find it quite curious that they are advertising the Western Australian team here in New South Wales. When My Kitchen Rules was on, I kept seeing Steve & Helen's photo on billboards and on the back of buses, and they were the New South Wales team. I would've expected that they would have advertisements of one of the three NSW teams here... ???

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 03:52:41 AM »
Well there wont be any 'Go Canberra' ones .No ACT teams , which im pinged off about.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 07:43:18 AM »

Lol, just realized that Coutzy snapped the same thing, the billboard, so I guess there are 4 Huge billboard in Melbourne, and we found 2 of them...   :yess:

Wonder where the other 2 are.. Team father and daughter,

Offline howie_2010

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »

Lol, just realized that Coutzy snapped the same thing, the billboard, so I guess there are 4 Huge billboard in Melbourne, and we found 2 of them...   :yess:

Wonder where the other 2 are.. Team father and daughter,
Well they're placing them along major roads obviously, so I'd probably guess the Napean hwy, Bell st, Burwood hwy, Warrigal rd, etc.