Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 10 "Release The Brake!" (Brussels, Belgium)  (Read 54108 times)

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 19 EP 10 "Release The Brake!" (Brussels, Belgium)
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
It that Ernie.is that pic?  :umn:

No besides the red car, there's a figure head that look like Ernie

No, it's not him. According to the Preview and the Promo all the team members wear a silver helmet, and that person in the background is wearing a black one, like the safety driver on this cap:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
Here you go:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2011, 01:37:33 AM »
If Waffles is the other half of the Detour, then a nearby candidate would be Max restaurant (Goudenleeuwplein 3), a place famous for its waffles: a video (Japanese) here. No more promos, so this is just spec.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #103 on: November 26, 2011, 07:27:44 PM »
If Waffles is the other half of the Detour, then a nearby candidate would be Max restaurant (Goudenleeuwplein 3), a place famous for its waffles: a video (Japanese) here. No more promos, so this is just spec.
yummy!  I like Belgian waffles, and here's a funny youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf4zPEW5CA4 :luvya: Thank God, they're not going to eat Brussels sprouts! :lol3:

p.s.
Please let Bill & Cathi make it to the final 3 and beat Ernie & Cindy and taste their karma for U-turned them on the Danish leg! :meow:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 07:31:52 PM by topaz »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
EPISODE 10
Brussels, Belgium 

SUNDAY, November 27th, 2011

“Release the Brake” (Brussels, Belgium) – Racers put the pedal to the metal and shift into high gear when they take a thrilling test drive, and results are far from sweet when teams also try to recreate classic Belgian waffles, on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Nov. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

TBC. Teams continue to race in Brussels, Belgium.

ROADBLOCK: Racers put the pedal to the metal and shift into high gear when they take a thrilling test drive a Mustang

Amani & Marcus are at the plaza opposite Gravensteen castle

DETOUR A: results are far from sweet when teams also try to recreate classic Belgian waffles

DETOUR B:
  Make a raft, row, and get a clue

Pitstop:

5 teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:35:22 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
I see nothing that deserves a penalty either...

No one checked their tickets so they got lucky. So, nope.. no penalty for sure.

Speeding is not allowed, rather or not you get caught by a cop.  Why would riding without tickets, rather or not you get caught by the conductor, be allowed?

Because I think they did get their tickets technically, but lost it. So it's not like they purposely did it or what. I think when the producers were filming, they were definitely wishing for tickets to be checked so that there's more drama. BUT, it didn't happen.. so they let it go! :lol:

I don't think they will be penalised, but I personally think that there should be a race rule that someone should be penalised if they travel without a ticket. I personally think there should be some sort of rule like this, but I don't think there is. :duno:
look at most of the examples so far, speeding while driving, not having your travel documents, not settling your bill (usually a cab), ect.

And none of those real life situations apply.

Speeding is a huge, huge safety issue not just for arcs, but film crew, and locals.  Completely understandable reasons to prohibit and punish.

Travel documents are required to make further progress, so either way race is over for team, also it's very scary losing your passport in another country you can't stress enough for teams to keep them.

Race documents, a way to make sure teams actual complete all tasks in a leg, again necessary to ensure fair play.

Settling yor bills, again cheating locals of money is certainly no way to race, teams would due it all the time.  It's one thing for locals to over charge ( which does happen if you travel ) its another to basically give racers card Blanche to cheat locals.

Losing a ticket that was already paid for, and wasn't got by any ticket agent, seems like no penalty to me, nor does it seem lie it should have one.

Offline Tarfan2

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline JillianVP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2011, 12:18:17 PM »
Possibility for Detour options?... Bake and sell (waffles) OR Make and sail (raft)

jiajia12

« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2011, 12:30:19 PM »
Do they had to be that obvious :iok

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2011, 05:09:56 PM »
I am so sorry!! Just now realized these were never posted...

Big thing is the speedometer is in a lot of caps, the 160 mph may play a role. ALso they do a weave in and out of cones as well..

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2011, 07:18:28 AM »
So where is #15 and #19 Chateau? I don't see that street/plaza behind Amani.... ???

It's right across the river!   :waves:

You can even see Tommy & Andy at the riverbank in this shot!  It steps down 2 or 3 feet at the riverbank.

Retrospectively, Andy & Tommy are getting their raft out of the river, not just putting the raft in.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »
Does anyone have more detail on the different pigeon addresses?

I think it's not a coincidence that both Ernie & Cindy and Amani & Marcus fell behind teams that they were ahead of and who also went to the other address.  One of the addresses must have been more difficult to find than the other.

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2011, 02:50:51 AM »
NVM
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:29:19 PM by LoveRocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: November 29, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »

I think it's not a coincidence that both Ernie & Cindy and Amani & Marcus fell behind teams that they were ahead of and who also went to the other address.  One of the addresses must have been more difficult to find than the other.

Here are screencaps of each team's card:

Amani & Marcus

Andy & Tommy

Ernie & Cindy

Jeremy & Sandy
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2011, 11:31:26 AM »

This is what Google maps gives me about the two addresses. In fact it presents Steenweg op Ukkel as a bigger road than Stoofstraat, even though it was more difficult for teams to find it.
On the left side of the picture you can the exit from the highway to Berseel, the teams had to take that exit and half of them turn right and the other left. Of course we don't know any local peculiarities, perhaps oneway?, that could cause trouble for the teams. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:41:22 AM by kiki »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
3 minutes?? :ascared :ascared :ascared

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:04 PM »
It's not often that Google streetview releases imagery just in time for our purposes; usually, it's months late. But just this month Belgium was released. So you can verify for yourself. I've included episode caps from the caravan camping park and the private residence of the VP of a pigeon club. Use the addresses on the card to verify the viewpoints. Bonus: check out where E/C asked for directions (lost,lost,lost  :lol:).

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2011, 08:56:30 PM »
Thanks everyone for the maps and other information.