Author Topic: TAR 19 EP 10 "Release The Brake!" (Brussels, Belgium)  (Read 54116 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: TAR 19 EP 10 "Release The Brake!" (Brussels, Belgium)
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2011, 12:59:25 AM »
The Oil-drum raft task may be based on such rafts which were made in WWII to evacuate the Allies from Dunkirk.

However, the task actually takes place in Ghent along a waterway known as the Leie River.  This clip was taken here:  Match the big pipe.

Panaramio
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2011, 01:35:54 AM »
After 9 episodes, I've been thinking, remember the Hazard?

The new game element that "will have a rolling effect throughout the rest of the race"?

Yeah right...

What u talking about again?  :lol: :lol:

jiajia12

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2011, 02:20:49 AM »
Either Cathi/Bill get a speedbump or their are eliminated. because Phil said 'The start of next leg of the race'
In Sydney and China he said'this leg of the race is not over yet'. Assuming a speedbump or something for Bill and Cathi if non elimination
I don't know what Zero pitstop is,Phil will say 'This leg is not over'  than last team checking in wouldn't recieve any additional penalties,

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 03:15:03 AM »
#3 is Atomium. The Atomium is a monument in Brussels, originally built for Expo '58, the 1958 Brussels World's Fair.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 05:12:57 AM »
So where is #15 and #19 Chateau? I don't see that street/plaza behind Amani.... ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

jiajia12

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 05:23:45 AM »
I am confused now, Phil said to Amani and Marcus your starting the next leg of the race and said to Ernie and.cindy,your continuing racing. :duno:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
The next leg of the race starts now' its not TBC
Means either Bill/Cathi gets eliminated or speedbump next leg, like Season 11 Germany V.1
Preview has no Bill/Cathi, Andy/Tommy seen past the DT
This could be the first episode elimination at the start or so
jiajia12,

Since there are now 3 legs left and 2 teams to be eliminated, there is no choice but for all remaining legs except the finale to be elimination legs.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 07:40:17 AM »
I know some people are a little anxious about the absence of Bill & Cathi in the promos. However, remember that not all the teams are shown in every promo, so personally, I wouldn't go reading too much into this. However, anything is possible on The Amazing Race, that's for sure!
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 08:46:47 AM »
I know some people are a little anxious about the absence of Bill & Cathi in the promos. However, remember that not all the teams are shown in every promo, so personally, I wouldn't go reading too much into this. However, anything is possible on The Amazing Race, that's for sure!

Yes. Last leg, or 2 legs ago, we thought that the snowboarders were eliminated or taking a FF because we hadn't seen them. REALLY? Nothing happened at all.

Don't trust the previews. They show what they want us to watch.

PS: Have you ever seen TAR from the beginning? At the end of Episode 1, do we have a preview featuring over 10 teams for the following leg? I think everything is clear enough.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 10:26:01 AM »
So where is #15 and #19 Chateau? I don't see that street/plaza behind Amani.... ???

It's right across the river!   :waves:

You can even see Tommy & Andy at the riverbank in this shot!  It steps down 2 or 3 feet at the riverbank.

Zoom in on this:  go to the source Panaramio It's a huge image!

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline FishyFred

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
I am confused now, Phil said to Amani and Marcus your starting the next leg of the race and said to Ernie and.cindy,your continuing racing. :duno:

I was thinking the way they were told they are still racing, Cindy and Ernie could be last in a non elimination leg.  I think they should be facing a penalty for riding the rails without their ticket, and thus . 

Not having Bill and Cathy is probably a red herring.  It would also make sense that it was non-elimination as in TAR 18, the first and 4th legs, which also ended and immediately restarted, also were non-elimination.

That also reminds me, if Cindy/Ernie or others are facing a penalty, remember that in TAR 18, Kent and Vxysin also had a penalty, but it was not enforced until the next 12-hour pit stop. 

So, I also could picture Cindy and Ernie being told of the penalty, but then told "You are still racing" as it would not be enforced until the end of the next leg. 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 12:43:51 PM »

It's right across the river!   :waves:

Thanks!! And I just realized I missed a cap...

So, could A/M be running in the Gent Korenmarkt?

Are they anywhere near this?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIuUOG4HBKk?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JIuUOG4HBKk?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:52:10 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
HE RACE SHIFTS INTO HIGH GEAR WHEN TEAMS GO FOR A THRILLING TEST DRIVE IN BELGIUM, ON “THE AMAZING RACE,” SUNDAY, NOV. 27

CHEAT TWEET:  How fast can you drive? Racers burn rubber in Belgium on #AmazingRace! 11/27 at 8pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/u6BBVd

“Release the Brake” (Brussels, Belgium) – Racers put the pedal to the metal and shift into high gear when they take a thrilling test drive, and results are far from sweet when teams also try to recreate classic Belgian waffles, on THE AMAZING RACE Sunday, Nov. 27 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 03:15:10 PM »
Another Ghent task? The "Brussels waffle" was actually created in Ghent (can't find the original spot). When introduced at the 1964 world's fair, they were called "Bel-Gem" waffles because the sponsor figured Americans were geographic idiots.  :lol:  :spell

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
If the waffles or rafting is the Detour in Ghent they must somehow go there and then all the way over to Lommel for the roadblock then come back to Brussels for the pitstop. All this after driving from Copenhagen to Billund to Hamburg then train to Brussels. :iok

Who designed this route? :lol:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:43:09 PM by Prophet »

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 04:33:08 PM »
we see bill & cathi in the confesional in the atonium so we can say that they werent eliminated there in the parc elizabeth and we see also in the confesional ernie and cindy faces are of sadness so maybe there were eliminated there :yess: all this are SPECULTATION            :) 

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 04:35:46 PM »
Prophet,
I don't know but to compare going to Ghent (and obviously back at some point to reach its airport for the flight to Panama) require only a 38 minute one-way ride. This is not in the same league with a 4 hour train ride followed by a 4 hour wait and then a 2 hour train ride to get from Hamburg to Cologne to Brussels.

The distance from Copenhagen to Billund is 135 miles (approximately a 2.5 hour drive with superhighways) and the distance from Billund to Hamburg is 154 miles, which I think is also a 2.5 hour drive. Either is 3 times as long as the trip from Brussels to Ghent.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:40:15 PM by apskip »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 04:42:51 PM »
So, could A/M be running in the Gent Korenmarkt?

No, it's the plaza opposite Gravensteen castle herePanoramio

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 04:49:11 PM »
Prophet,
I don't know but to compare going to Ghent (and obviously back at some point to reach its airport for the flight to Panama) require only a 38 minute one-way ride. This is not in the same league with a 4 hour train ride followed by a 4 hour wait and then a 2 hour train ride to get from Hamburg to Cologne to Brussels.

The distance from Copenhagen to Billund is 135 miles (approximately a 2.5 hour drive with superhighways) and the distance from Billund to Hamburg is 154 miles, which I think is also a 2.5 hour drive. Either is 3 times as long as the trip from Brussels to Ghent.

I guess it's a little different when you put it that way :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »
If the waffles or rafting is the Detour in Ghent they must somehow go there and then all the way over to Lommel for the roadblock then come back to Brussels for the pitstop. All this after driving from Copenhagen to Billund to Hamburg then train to Brussels. :iok

Who designed this route? :lol:

Why couldn't the RB be first? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

jiajia12

« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
we see bill & cathi in the confesional in the atonium so we can say that they werent eliminated there in the parc elizabeth and we see also in the confesional ernie and cindy faces are of sadness so maybe there were eliminated there :yess: all this are SPECULTATION            :)

You can be hopeful :wohoo:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »
Quote from: Chateau
This clip was taken here:  Match the big pipe.
Nice eye! Did they get their equipment from inside the building? Hoefslagstraatje 1 is the supply store and HQ for East Flanders (stupid Flanders  (:;)) for Chiro, which seems to be a Christian scouting group. They make rafts with similar materials (see the photos in this article).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
 :wohoo: Another great find!! :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marklouiekpopsuju13

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
thanks God I found a clue box in leg 9

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2011, 11:20:35 PM »
btw the speedo posing this past leg was indeed a detour even though cbs didnt portray it that way.