Author Topic: EP 8 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 40241 times)

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP 8 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
will the tittle was sepdo something could that be realte to that someone say it final time take out my spedo i think that has do with that

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
I loveddddddddddd this leg! This is the leg I enjoyed the most in this season so far.

We got really good tasks, good locations, self-driving, teams rivalry, teams getting lost, teams getting U-TURNed, teams getting excited at the pitstart to go to Denmark, flight issues, Amani and Marcus underdog story, REALLY GOOD ROADBLOCK, fun rabbits, crazy butter task... and a good finishing order, with Laurence and Zac eliminated.

HONESTLY, I thought Amani and Marcus were goner.

Until Jeremy and Sandy got lost too.

Then I thought Jeremy and Sandy were goner.

Until, at the last moment, they appeared on the finishing mat FIFTH. I WAS SHOCKED AND GAPSED. I think this is the first time the TAR suspense caught me by surprise. Normally, you would have expected the random editing of Laurence and Zac getting lost as a plot/trick to throw us off that there's still hope for Jeremy and Sandy... but this time round, it was indeed the case!

Very very happy for Jeremy and Sandy, and am happy that Laurence and Zac were eliminated. Oh well, not Zac... but Laurence. And I still think that the edit do points towards them getting eliminated and it held true this season... they weren't getting much edit since the beginning.

If all holds well, the next team eliminated based on edit screentime would probably be Jeremy and Sandy. But anything can happen!!

Omg, I laughed at next week's preview. I think we'll have another favourite taskmaster of all time!!!! :lol3:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 06:03:05 AM »
Did anyone notice how Sandy said 'with only 5 teams left now...' in their confessional, before L+Z had checked in?

The show spoiled itself!

Laurence is the ultimate embarrassing Dad..

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »
We've had worse Dads on the show before.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2011, 12:03:51 PM »

Ronald.. :lol: but that's the asian thing LOL.

Whose worst? I really like Gary (Mallory), Jim (Marsha), Gus (Hera), Duke (Lauren)... I don't know who else worst? LOL.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »
While I liked the drama of the episode I was much less happy with the tasks. 

Especially the detours that looked like they took very little time to complete, especially the bunny task.  It seems like it didn't take anyone even ten minutes to complete.

It felt more like a speed bump then a detour.

At least on the dancing it seems the judges took it seriously.  Compare that to Fran and Berry getting a passing job in Germany.  So nice to see real judging.

Just had real problem with the detour especially one side of it.

And based solely off the previews I don't think I am going to be very pleased with those tasks either.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2011, 12:16:30 PM »

Whose worst? I really like Gary (Mallory), Jim (Marsha), Gus (Hera), Duke (Lauren)... I don't know who else worst? LOL.
yeah but for all we know Laurence's behavior wa a cultural thing.

Check out family edition. 

We have o e grief moment where Laurence plays the blame came in one leg, but besides that he never crosses a line.   The closest is when he says he would have been better at a task, he has also admitted when he made mistakes.  Several parent child teams have had at least one bad moment and several have said they should have done a task over the other.

And as far as blame game, Ron is vastly worse then Laurence.  We had the southern Dad who caused there teams elimination and constantly blamed his son Brock over it in the Family Edition.Gus has told off Hera, and the reverse is also true and dismissed his daughter as father knows best (and I liked them).

If anything I thought Laurence just reminded my of the Dad who thinks he's cool, but isn't, something many people have experience with.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2011, 12:18:26 PM »
Gary is a superhero! <3 :hero:

The odd thing about Laurence is that sometimes he was funny. :duno: I have to wonder if TPTB edited him to be negative since they were eliminated in that particular spot. Who knows.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2011, 12:20:01 PM »
I mean Liz and Marie got into a bigger fight in the first episode then what we ever saw Zac and Laurence get into.  It's just Liz and Marie were more enjoyable overall to watch.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »
Gary is a superhero! <3 :hero:

The odd thing about Laurence is that sometimes he was funny. :duno: I have to wonder if TPTB edited him to be negative since they were eliminated in that particular spot. Who knows.
when was he negative in this episode?  Stating that your kid is having a hard time (when he clearly is) isn't being negative.  Saying would have been better at the task isn't negative either.  Now if he said something like we wouldn't have been eliminated if Zac wasn't a screw up, that would have been negative.

But I didn't hear anything negative or mean spirited, but I fairness the sound omy feed kept going in and out so I might have missed something, in this episode.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2011, 12:25:29 PM »
Well he said he could have done the dance better than Zac, but maybe I'm just over thinking. :lol:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »
But thats not negative if it's accurate.  And it's something we hear all the time.  The basic I should have done this task not them.

But while Zac was performing the task he seemed fairly upbeat and supportive.  No yelling at his partner, no telling him that another team finished or past them up, all the typical overly critical comments racers say.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
Laurence & Zac are being shady to Ernie & Cindy... Awkward conversation. :lol: Laurence & Zac are trying to get a quicker flight.

Cindy for the title.

Everyone but Laurence & Zac get on the same flight.

That is true only if you believe the telecast. It is actually ridiculously false. All teams had to get on KQ732 Lilongwe to Lusaka to Nairobi or they would have been stuck longer (see Transportation thread post #156  for details if you are interested). In Nairobi airport is where that conversation took place. Laurence and Zac were on the nonstop Virgin Airways flight 72 to Heathrow which departed earlier at 0942 that day (July 3). All the other 5 teams were on KL757 which departed 1153. The connection onward to Copenhagen were quicker from Heathrow, which gave Laurence/Zac the edge.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:51 PM »
When traveling from Africa to Europe, you can always find earlier flights...oh bother.

The problem was not earlier flights from Africa to Europe. It was the lax attitude of Marcus toward getting to Copenhagen. He failed to recheck in Amsterdam when they arrived on KL757. If he had, there were these flights available:

SQ7364 2045+1 2241+1
Norwegian Air 3541 2115+1 2310+1
SQ7364 0125+2 0255+2

They just didn't bother to even check.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 12:54:27 PM by apskip »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2011, 12:57:37 PM »
Oh, I nearly forgot to mention how Marcus and Amani didn't even bother to check for an earlier flight! It seems like the last 3 teams are really away from the top 3 teams IMO?

And Laurence and Zac first to get in with a flight and still getting eliminated.. it's a little sad huh?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2011, 01:00:40 PM »

yeah but for all we know Laurence's behavior wa a cultural thing.

Check out family edition. 

We have o e grief moment where Laurence plays the blame came in one leg, but besides that he never crosses a line.   The closest is when he says he would have been better at a task, he has also admitted when he made mistakes.  Several parent child teams have had at least one bad moment and several have said they should have done a task over the other.

And as far as blame game, Ron is vastly worse then Laurence.  We had the southern Dad who caused there teams elimination and constantly blamed his son Brock over it in the Family Edition.Gus has told off Hera, and the reverse is also true and dismissed his daughter as father knows best (and I liked them).

If anything I thought Laurence just reminded my of the Dad who thinks he's cool, but isn't, something many people have experience with.

I just wished we got to see more of Zac.  :lol:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: November 14, 2011, 01:10:22 PM »
I like Amani & MArcus, but to survive a leg that you started over twelve hours after the first team, and due to your own error (as oppossed to those rare flight issues that have happened over the years), I think I would be happy if you were eliminated.  And I don't even really like Jeremy & Sandy.

mswood,

I agree with you totally. Marcus and Amani are decent people but their behavior at Amsterdam airport was totally negligent. They deserved to be eliminated as a result despite all the hustle they displayed once they got to the Copenhagen metro area.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 14, 2011, 01:17:21 PM »
How ironic is it that they got eliminated next to a ship?

I don't find it very ironic, but I have an alternate nomination for most ironic situation in all of AR19. What is the #1 skill required of a mariner? How about NAVIGATION. What did Laurence/Zac, incredibly, lack in Thailand on the water and what did they lack (more understandably) in the foreign metro area of Copenhagen? In both cases the answer is navigation skills. They were done in by the skill that they ought to have dominated.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:08 PM »
Are you recommending driving through Turkey and taking the bridge across the Bosporus at Istanbul? Otherwise, that car would have to swim the Mediterranean Sea.

:lol3: It actually has you take a ferry from Algeria to France.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:50:01 PM by Prophet »

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Harry4

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2011, 10:56:29 PM »
Not happy

Pointless U-Turn, Bill & Cathi to go next followed by Ernie & Cindy.

Laurence & Zac for next All-Stars.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #149 on: November 15, 2011, 08:38:55 AM »
The season was getting a little boring for me due to Andy and Tommy winning about a thousand legs. But this leg changed it for me, I really enjoyed it. It was so unpredictable throughout!

Yay for Ernie and Cindy finally winning another leg! They raced a quick, efficient leg this time and didn't make any mistakes. They should really continue this way. I feel that they shouldn't have U-Turned Bill and Cathi though. I understand their rationale of wanting to win the leg. But the chances of Bill and Cathi beating them in a footrace are rather low. And it wasn't as though it was a fight to stay in the game. Now they've pissed off Bill and Cathi and put a target on their backs... I feel that they would still have won the leg without U-Turning them.

Well done Bill and Cathi! I'm surprised they lasted this long. But they're really doing well now. I'm hoping they'll make the Final 3 but they might be eliminated at 4th place just like Meredith and Gretchen. But I'm surprised how I'm actually loving this team, how they work so well together and get along with other teams, and that they're just so appreciative of everything along the race.

I'm glad that Andy and Tommy didn't win again. But once again, they raced a good leg. They're really THE team to beat this season. They're strong, consistent, fast, and cautious. I still feel that they have the highest chance to win the race, based on competence AND edit.

Wow, wow, wow! Marcus and Amani continue to surprise us. It seemed like they were goners when they missed the flight and were almost 2 hours behind all the other teams. And then they caught up to Jeremy and Sandy. Finally, they caught up to Laurence and Zac who were U-Turned and not only were spared elimination, but came in 4th, beating TWO teams! I'm really liking this team and I hope they make it all the way to the end. They kinda remind me of Uchenna and Joyce, hmm. I have a feeling they'll either get eliminated at 4th place or wind up in 3rd.

I'm not a huge fan of Jeremy and Sandy, but I'm happy they edged out Laurence and Zac. I really thought they'd be eliminated and that the edit of Laurence and Zac getting lost was solely for suspense purposes as always. So I was surprised to see them running to the pit-stop before Laurence and Zac. Once again, they narrowly escaped elimination, but I feel that their time might be up soon.

I liked Laurence and Zac the first few episodes but after seeing how annoying Laurence can be... I'm happy the team got eliminated. We weren't getting much from them anyway. And I did figure that they'd be gone at the Final 5 or 6. So I'm not too sad.

My ideal Final 3 would be Ernie and Cindy, Bill and Cathi, and Amani and Marcus. But right now, I'm guessing that the Final 3 are Ernie and Cindy, Andy and Tommy, and... Amani and Marcus? With Andy and Tommy winning the race, Ernie and Cindy in second, and Amani and Marcus taking third place. Hmm.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`