Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 553600 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #1100 on: June 03, 2019, 01:12:53 AM »
We have seen the seasons where none of M/M or F/F teams has made any Top 3 positions in their legs, like season 6 (for M/M teams) and 28 (for F/F teams). On another note, M/F teams, to date, hasn't joined the list. This only applies to the U.S. version.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1101 on: June 04, 2019, 01:06:23 AM »
3. Most consecutive legs in the top 3 (career)
Kristi & Jen for 11 legs (except the Partner swap leg)

That Partner-swap leg in Season 30 is such a pain-in-the-butt for TAR statistics :dick It's up there with the inconsistent double-length legs of early seasons (are they one or two legs? does having a mat in the middle make a difference? do you count the middle point in season averages? what's counted as a middle point if there is no mat? is it counted as leg wins and last-place finishes?)

But this time for the Partner-swap: is it counted as a leg? Are the teams ranked as 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, or something different? Do you count it in season averages and leg win/streak records or do you skip it? :groan:

If anyone wanna chime in on this issue, feel free the reply :tup:
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1102 on: June 04, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »

That Partner-swap leg in Season 30 is such a pain-in-the-butt for TAR statistics :dick It's up there with the inconsistent double-length legs of early seasons (are they one or two legs? does having a mat in the middle make a difference? do you count the middle point in season averages? what's counted as a middle point if there is no mat? is it counted as leg wins and last-place finishes?)

But this time for the Partner-swap: is it counted as a leg? Are the teams ranked as 1st, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 5th, or something different? Do you count it in season averages and leg win/streak records or do you skip it? :groan:

I would apply the tiebreaker rule, which is basically that the team who placed higher on the previous leg gets to check in first. I believe Brooke from S29 has stated this on Reddit and we've seen it play out when Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent stepped on the mat at the same time in Russia.

So the placements would have been:
1st: Alex & Conor
2nd: Lucas & Brittany
3rd: Evan & Henry
4th: Eric & Daniel
5th: Kristi & Jen
6th: Jessica & Cody

OR

I would go with the 1st-1st-3rd-3rd-5th-5th method. Sorry, but as impressive as Kristi & Jen's Top 3 finishes are, they don't deserve to be placed as "3rd" (if we were to use the 1st-1st-2nd-2nd-3rd-3rd method). It's called Partner Swap, the teams ended up checking in with their original partners. They did not check in as one team of 4. Also, 4 other teams did better than them that leg, so allowing them to get 3rd just to give them a record makes no sense to me.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1103 on: June 04, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »

About the bolded one, just check the penultimate legs, and hear what Phil says which leg is it (e.g. the eleventh Pit Stop, the twelfth Pit Stop, etc).

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1104 on: June 04, 2019, 03:01:39 PM »
I treat double length legs as two legs.
As to the partner swap leg, the least unfair approach was to take the average of each racer’s arrival position at the mat. That does produce ties, but there really isn’t any way to break those. Not unprecedented, as there were some early seasons where teams tied at the mat, and there were no tiebreakers. That’s how I’ve handled it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1105 on: June 04, 2019, 09:11:14 PM »

About the bolded one, just check the penultimate legs, and hear what Phil says which leg is it (e.g. the eleventh Pit Stop, the twelfth Pit Stop, etc).

I would, but Phil's script is SOOO inconsistent :groan: Also, they celebrated the Race's 300th leg on Season 25 Leg 7, but that just doesn't make any sense whichever way you count the double-length legs *tearing my hair out*
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1106 on: June 04, 2019, 09:17:54 PM »
I would apply the tiebreaker rule, which is basically that the team who placed higher on the previous leg gets to check in first. I believe Brooke from S29 has stated this on Reddit and we've seen it play out when Abbie & Ryan and Josh & Brent stepped on the mat at the same time in Russia.

Wait... I thought it was whoever placed lower in the previous leg got to check in first? For Abbie & Ryan, I just though that they were checked in first because Josh & Brent had a 4-hr penalty.

I would go with the 1st-1st-3rd-3rd-5th-5th method. Sorry, but as impressive as Kristi & Jen's Top 3 finishes are, they don't deserve to be placed as "3rd" (if we were to use the 1st-1st-2nd-2nd-3rd-3rd method). It's called Partner Swap, the teams ended up checking in with their original partners. They did not check in as one team of 4. Also, 4 other teams did better than them that leg, so allowing them to get 3rd just to give them a record makes no sense to me.

Hard same. It did bother me that they were claiming a Top 3 streak when they were checked in last during the Partner swap leg. But seeing as it was a Keep Racing leg, I could see them disregarding that pit stop.
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1107 on: June 04, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »

Wait... I thought it was whoever placed lower in the previous leg got to check in first? For Abbie & Ryan, I just though that they were checked in first because Josh & Brent had a 4-hr penalty.

Hard same. It did bother me that they were claiming a Top 3 streak when they were checked in last during the Partner swap leg. But seeing as it was a Keep Racing leg, I could see them disregarding that pit stop.
I think they mentioned 'Together as a team, we never finish below 3rd'.

So if we ignore that partner swap leg, the claim of them never finish below 3rd is indeed true.

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1108 on: June 05, 2019, 03:33:38 AM »
Out of all the three-timers, (Jet & Cord, Flight Time & Big Easy, Margie & Luke, Mallory Ervin, Rachel Reilly, Leo & Jamal), Rachel Reilly is the only three-timer who has never heard Phil say "You're still racing!"
Conversely Jaime & Cara, Kisha & Jen heard this sentence 3 times (TAR 14 leg 10, TAR 18 leg 1&4).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1109 on: June 05, 2019, 10:10:42 PM »
Well, Rachel ( :groan: ) has officially taken the record for most legs run, beating out the cowboys ( :cheer: ) and the Globetrotters ( :cheer: ).

(See, I can do it too :P )
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #1110 on: June 05, 2019, 11:18:54 PM »
Colin & Christie are the first team in TAR US to be both Yielded & U-Turned

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1111 on: June 05, 2019, 11:20:35 PM »
And survive both.
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1112 on: June 06, 2019, 12:30:10 AM »
Big Brother or Survivor crossover teams Leg wins:

Rob & Amber - 7 (8, if we include the Double Leg midpoint)
Brendon & Rachel - 3
Cody & Jessica - 2 (including Final Leg)
Jordan & Jeff - 1
Alison & Donny - 1

Zero wins: Ethan & Jenna, Keith & Whitney, Corinne & Eliza, Rupert & Laura, Janelle & Britney and so far, Chris & Bret and Nicole & Victor

Also, two Big Brother teams have never been eliminated. (Brendon & Rachel, Cody & Jessica)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:00:42 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1113 on: June 06, 2019, 01:05:47 AM »
Big Brother or Survivor crossover teams Leg wins:

Brendon & Rachel - 3
Cody & Jessica - 2 (including Final Leg)
Jordan & Jeff - 1
Alison & Donny - 1

Zero wins: Ethan & Jenna, Corinne & Eliza, Rupert & Laura, Janelle & Britney and so far, Chris & Bret and Nicole & Victor

Also, two Big Brother teams have never been eliminated. (Brendon & Rachel, Cody & Jessica)

Why survivor cant do well on TAR
but its not fair cyborgs should never allowed on TAR
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1114 on: June 06, 2019, 01:20:23 AM »
Somehow you forgot Romber.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1115 on: June 06, 2019, 01:34:47 AM »

Oh yeah, Amber team is from survivor
wait that dude also forgot Whitney team, this is outrageous, he forgot 2 pretty castaways on TAR
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1116 on: June 06, 2019, 01:59:31 AM »
Oh that's right! Well, I guess I'd rather forget them perhaps.  :lol:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1117 on: June 08, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »
Amanda and Kris (TAR 14, TAR 18) desperately need to be three-peaters.
Sort of agree. They've only raced 6 legs across two seasons and the farthest they've made is 8th--and it's not even because they're a bad team.

Jessica & John kind of remind me of them. Raced twice but never made it towards the endgame. They placed 9th and 7th, racing 11 legs overall.

I never realized, of all returning teams, Amanda & Kris have Raced the least number of Legs: 6.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1118 on: June 09, 2019, 07:09:09 PM »
I believe Colin and Christie have the record for most consecutive legs finishing in the top 4, at 15 legs for now (TAR5 Leg 3 to TAR31 Leg 4)

The current record for all individual racers is Eric at 17 legs (all 13 legs of TAR9 and the first 4 legs of TAR11). Or 16 legs if you count the uber leg in TAR 9.
Colin and Christie have now eclipsed both tallies through season 31 leg 7 at 18.

Now at 19 consecutive legs in the top 4, and 17 career top 3 finishes. They should be on track to take the record for most top 3 finishes after 4 more legs. (If they can finish in the top 3 after a U-turn, nothing is really going to stop them honestly.)

Tyler and Korey have tied Rachel and Dave with 8 career 1st place finishes

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1119 on: June 09, 2019, 07:29:55 PM »
I got one interesting or maybe not so interesting: Ty & Korey always pick hot tall handsome instructors
Swarm stupidity

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1120 on: June 09, 2019, 07:34:55 PM »

I wonder if that will be ever be replicated, so I just did a quick check on the teams that have ever been yielded

TAR6: Freddy and Kendra and Adam and Rebecca have split
TAR7: Ron and Kelly have split
TAR8: Weaver family - will any of them get to return?
TAR9: Joseph and Monica have divorced. Danielle and Dani - still friends I suppose?
TAR10: Lyn and Karlyn - still friends I suppose
TAR11: Eric and Danielle - are they still friends?

I wonder if any of them will ever get a shot at returning.

Additional notes

1. Danielle was the only person to get yielded three times (and twice in TAR11)
2. Colin and Christie are the only romantic couple that have been yielded and have not broken up/divorced.  :lol: Who would have thought, all those years ago, that one of the biggest drama kings will be still be in a loving relationship after 15 years?

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1121 on: June 09, 2019, 07:37:54 PM »
I got one interesting or maybe not so interesting: Ty & Korey always pick hot tall handsome instructors

Not for this leg (with the crossbow roadblock)  :lol:

For some reasons, TAR kind of like to feature gay men thirsting over other men (Tyler and Korey in both seasons, Sam and Dan in TAR15 Estonia, Scott in TAR29 Milan)

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #1122 on: June 09, 2019, 08:03:26 PM »
Not for this leg (with the crossbow roadblock)  :lol:

For some reasons, TAR kind of like to feature gay men thirsting over other men (Tyler and Korey in both seasons, Sam and Dan in TAR15 Estonia, Scott in TAR29 Milan)

I think they set it up for them, its kinda their thing, especially for Ty, he even tease phil with nose greeting, he did it too in S28 with that aussie instructor so hilarious
Swarm stupidity

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1123 on: June 13, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
1. Tyler and Korey now have 9 career first place finishes, a new US record.

2. By winning 4 in a row, they are now in good company with Nick and Starr, Meghan and Cheyne, Rachel and Dave and Conor and Dave (TAR24). Only Justin and Diana have managed to win 5 in a row.

3. Colin and Christie continue to be in the top 4 for the 20th leg in a row (17 legs in the top 3), but they now only, at best, tie Jet and Cord's record of 20 top 3 finishes.

There are only 3 legs left. It is possible for Tyler and Korey to tie Justin and Diana's record of 5 in a row next leg. At the same time, I am quite conflicted because I also want Colin and Christie to tie the record of 9 wins with Tyler and Corey (C and C are also at 7 wins.)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1124 on: June 13, 2019, 12:45:04 PM »
Next week, Leo and Jamal will also tie Rachel's record for most legs raced, at 32.