Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 553489 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #825 on: May 12, 2017, 09:10:06 AM »
Liz & Mike, iinm, arrived at the pit stop in last place for 4 times, the most any team in TAR US (not sure with int'l) has ever done.
1st time: Leg 1, Panama; saved by Kevin & Jenn's 2-hour penalty
2nd time: Leg 5, Norway; keep on racing
3rd time: Leg 7, Italy 2; non-elimination with speedbump next leg
4th time: Leg 8, Greece; eliminated

Oh also, the teams who used the U-turn on Leg 6 of TAR29 were the teams who received the U-turn on the same season's Leg 8.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #826 on: May 19, 2017, 08:13:18 AM »
Both Amazing Race 29 and Amazing Race Canada 4 visited Vietnam, both were filmed in 2016 and both seasons had at least 1 contestant that collapsed due to the heat, Floyd (of Becca & Floyd) and Tanya (of Anne & Tanya) respectively.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:25:54 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #827 on: May 20, 2017, 01:52:11 AM »
IRCC, Becca and Floyd are the third team ever to go worst to first and then first to worst right at the next leg

The first is John Vito and Jill (s3 leg 8-9-10)
and the second one is David & Mary (s10 leg 5-6-7)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #828 on: May 20, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
Becca & Floyd did not go worst to first? ???
They checked in 5th out of 6 teams in leg 8.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #829 on: May 20, 2017, 03:25:22 PM »

They LEFT in worst.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #830 on: May 20, 2017, 05:00:01 PM »
So far, 3 teams in Season 29 did not complete all tasks in their respective elimination legs.

Kevin & Jenn - did not properly complete the Detour
Shamir & Sara - did not complete the Roadblock
Becca & Floyd - did not complete the Route Info task

I don't know if that's the most times that's happened in one season--let me know!

Also, Phil had to eliminate a team on the Race course twice in Season 29.  Is that the first time that's happened?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #831 on: May 20, 2017, 10:39:36 PM »
The US Version has casted 2 Indian-American teams, Vipul & Arti (S.10) and Hoskote & Naina (S.23). Coincidentally both came in 11th Place.

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #832 on: May 21, 2017, 02:51:03 AM »
I may be wrong, as I haven't researched this  :lol:  But after last nights episode, S29 Leg 2, a new record has been broken.

Mike & Liz made the biggest improvement in placements over one Leg.  Leg 1 - 10th, Leg 2 - 1st.  This gives them a 9 Team jump.  :hoot:

They beat the old record, held by Justin & Diana in S27, who had an 8 Team jump: Leg 1 - 9th, Leg 2 - 1st.

They are also the first ever team to arrive 11th on the 1st leg (checking in at 10th) then finish 1st on the following leg.

Wrong on both accounts, unless you don't count Fast Forward runs. Derek & Drew were 11th on the first leg in season 3 (12 teams that season, so they survived), they did the Fast Forward on the second leg and ended up in 1st. They jumped 10 teams.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #833 on: May 21, 2017, 04:06:07 AM »
∆∆ if the FF was included, then Derek and Drew would still holf the record, but what make special from Mike and Liz was they difn't need FF to win the leg, altough, all teams had bunched up and got the same flight to Sao Paolo

Meanwhile, bike basket in Ninh Binh (switchback of S3) tied with Bungee jumping at Batoka River (switchback of S1) in S27 as the longest Siwtchback that was done after seasons... (both was done after 26 seasons), but if you count the leg, Batoka River may still stand the record... (Batoka was visited at very first leg, while the Bike basket was done on 11 th leg )
what might have been

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #834 on: May 21, 2017, 04:11:57 AM »
So far, 3 teams in Season 29 did not complete all tasks in their respective elimination legs.

Kevin & Jenn - did not properly complete the Detour
Shamir & Sara - did not complete the Roadblock
Becca & Floyd - did not complete the Route Info task

I don't know if that's the most times that's happened in one season--let me know!

Also, Phil had to eliminate a team on the Race course twice in Season 29.  Is that the first time that's happened?
Allan Wu did it 2 times in the amazing race asia 2 (Brett & Kinaryosih and Sophia & Aurelia in leg 3 and 4 in new zealand)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #835 on: May 21, 2017, 04:18:15 AM »
Also about switchback, the most recent seasons that revisited in respective season was S14 (carryinh cheese ARI in Switzerland) that was revisited in S22 ( altough in that season (S22), teams carried the cheese on Snowy hill instead on grassy hill)... Also this was the shortest seasons to be done in particular season ( 6 seasons)
what might have been

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #836 on: May 21, 2017, 04:27:28 AM »
I may be wrong, as I haven't researched this  :lol:  But after last nights episode, S29 Leg 2, a new record has been broken.

Mike & Liz made the biggest improvement in placements over one Leg.  Leg 1 - 10th, Leg 2 - 1st.  This gives them a 9 Team jump.  :hoot:

They beat the old record, held by Justin & Diana in S27, who had an 8 Team jump: Leg 1 - 9th, Leg 2 - 1st.

They are also the first ever team to arrive 11th on the 1st leg (checking in at 10th) then finish 1st on the following leg.

Wrong on both accounts, unless you don't count Fast Forward runs. Derek & Drew were 11th on the first leg in season 3 (12 teams that season, so they survived), they did the Fast Forward on the second leg and ended up in 1st. They jumped 10 teams.

I do not count the FF for this as any team can go from Worst to First using that, and it's not really a test of Race skill to achieve such a feat by using a FF.

∆∆ if the FF was included, then Derek and Drew would still holf the record, but what make special from Mike and Liz was they difn't need FF to win the leg, altough, all teams had bunched up and got the same flight to Sao Paolo

If your talking about S29, then the teams weren't all bunched on the same flight - There were 6 different flights to Sao Paulo.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #837 on: May 21, 2017, 04:37:01 AM »
Also about switchback, the most recent seasons that revisited in respective season was S14 (carryinh cheese ARI in Switzerland) that was revisited in S22 ( altough in that season (S22), teams carried the cheese on Snowy hill instead on grassy hill)... Also this was the shortest seasons to be done in particular season ( 6 seasons)

What?

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #838 on: May 21, 2017, 04:58:21 AM »

If your talking about S29, then the teams weren't all bunched on the same flight - There were 6 different flights to Sao Paulo.

Dang, i didn't notice that, thanks for correction

Also about switchback, the most recent seasons that revisited in respective season was S14 (carryinh cheese ARI in Switzerland) that was revisited in S22 ( altough in that season (S22), teams carried the cheese on Snowy hill instead on grassy hill)... Also this was the shortest switchbacks that revisited on subsuquent season ( S14 to S22 hence.6 seasons)

What?
Sorry my english was bad, here's the correction
what might have been

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #839 on: May 21, 2017, 04:59:45 AM »
The US Version has casted 2 Indian-American teams, Vipul & Arti (S.10) and Hoskote & Naina (S.23). Coincidentally both came in 11th Place.

So THAT'S where Hoskote was from! I think he was South American...

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
So far (exclude s29) there's no season that have 2 of final 3 teams yet win the leg before the finale... (CMIIW or if missed one or some)

So based that fact... the teams that win the leg before the finale have 66.67% while the rest have 33.33% chance to get into final leg... so hypothetically if you race and win a leg, your probability to get into final leg will high rather you never win any leg

(let's say it's just a probability based on this phenomenon, sure there are many factor that will approve or deny this hypothesis; also i counted this probability based on 3 teams that get into the final on every season, not all the teams, and per season, but if i miss the fact or my hypothesis is wrong, your arguments are welcomed)
what might have been

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #841 on: May 21, 2017, 03:22:36 PM »
Sorry, I don't understand this. I don't mean to insult your English, I would just like to know what is this fact/record you are talking about. ;)

They LEFT in worst.
Just compare their last 3 placements with JVJ and DaveMary, you'll see what I mean. :P

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #842 on: May 21, 2017, 03:41:15 PM »
Marionete, they are referring to the number of seasons between the original task and the Switchback task. Cheese hill in 14 was revisited in 22, and that's a difference of only 8 seasons. Meanwhile, going to Batoka Gorge in 1, and then revisited in 27, that's a difference of 26 seasons. Much larger.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #843 on: May 21, 2017, 04:52:30 PM »
^^ this, and also The Cheese Hill task in S14 was the youngest task that would be a switchback...

Note to myself: Practice English well :lol:
what might have been

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #844 on: May 21, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »
Your English is amazing considering that our language is super tough, we have the infamous silent K and rules that don't comply with everything

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #845 on: May 22, 2017, 02:37:30 PM »
Becca & Floyd are the first ever team to let Express Pass expire by the deadline.

Steph & Kristen.

Cool! :colors
I didn't/haven't watched TARC4. What happened, why didn't they use it?

They had it for so long and were so good that by the time they got to the last task of the last leg they could use it in, they were still ahead of the other teams, so they just did the task rather than skip it.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #846 on: May 22, 2017, 02:56:09 PM »
Actually, the winning team of TAR Vietnam All-Stars preceded Steph & Kristen by a few months. They were the first :)

This new trend must be a sign of the EP losing its usefulness :P

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #847 on: May 22, 2017, 03:41:04 PM »
I've mentioned before, but they should offer a prize or bonus for holding the Express Pass until it expires.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #848 on: May 23, 2017, 08:55:17 AM »
if you notice (or maybe some of you did), S29 is the first time the route marker is presented and existed in Vietnam (fan in ARI and ladder at detour)
what might have been

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #849 on: May 23, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
if you notice (or maybe some of you did), S29 is the first time the route marker is presented and existed in Vietnam (fan in ARI and ladder at detour)
The orginal route marker also presented in vietnam at TAR canada 4 and TAR Asia 5