Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 553516 times)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #775 on: January 15, 2017, 07:10:02 PM »
I believe TAR Norway 2 has the record. They spent four legs in Africa.

And I believe the only other season to spend three legs in Africa was Israel 5.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #776 on: January 20, 2017, 02:26:52 PM »
because I don't think South Africa & Kenya count.

Why not? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #777 on: January 20, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »
because I don't think South Africa & Kenya count.

Why not? ???

They officially were visited but were only used as airport transfers to continue on to Zambia and Tanzania. So I wouldn't exactly count them as visits.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #778 on: January 21, 2017, 06:24:39 AM »
Yeah, I agree with BritishTARFan, the teams didn't travel anywhere in Kenya or South Africa, just visited the airports, let alone there weren't any tasks placed in those countries.

And we never count the destinations of connecting flights as "visited countries", otherwise the number of countries would double each season. :)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #779 on: January 21, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »
They officially were visited but were only used as airport transfers to continue on to Zambia and Tanzania. So I wouldn't exactly count them as visits.

They did do some 'tasks' here. In South Africa, they needed to get across down to Lanseria Airport. In Kenya, they needed to sign up for charter flights to Tanzania.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #780 on: January 21, 2017, 10:06:04 PM »
Teams had to find the right connecting flight at Riga airport and board it in time!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #781 on: January 22, 2017, 02:09:58 AM »
Teams had to find the right connecting flight at Riga airport and board it in time!

In S9 they did the exact same thing in both Bahrain & Doha!  :groan: :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #782 on: January 22, 2017, 02:24:56 PM »
Kenya and South Africa both featured Route Markers and actual Race Flags.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #783 on: March 27, 2017, 01:54:56 AM »
Have you ever noticed how eerily similar seasons 27 and 28 are?

-Both feature a pair of young, athletic males
  -Both of whom began the race really strongly, but faltered in the end and were undone by a U-Turn
-Both feature a pair of African American brothers
  -Both of whom were eliminated on the third leg
-Both feature a sweetheart mother and son from the southern USA
-Both feature two sets of young females
  -Both of whom each came in last place on the fourth and fifth legs
-Both spend the first three legs in Latin America, with the first leg in one country, and the next two in another country
-Both ended their journey by spending two legs in a less-developed country, before going to a modern city in China
  -Both of those less-developed countries start with "IND"
-Both seasons feature an Express Pass that was 'wasted' on a Roadblock in some fashion
-Both seasons have the first U-Turn ending up not affecting anybody (One was not used, one was used on a team that was ahead)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #784 on: March 28, 2017, 01:31:04 AM »
Does that mean that they have some sort of a pattern recently, or is this just purely coincidental? :escape

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #785 on: March 29, 2017, 01:06:45 AM »
Actually, just thought of one more! In both seasons, Leg 4 takes place split between two countries (Zambia/Zimbabwe - Switzerland/France) with the following leg taking place in the latter country.

No, this is most certainly a giant coincidence, but it's still really fascinating to me.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #786 on: March 29, 2017, 01:16:00 AM »
I forgot if I posted this or not, sorry if I already did.

Jelani and Jenny are the only non-winners (American version at least) to never be in the bottom two placements of a leg. This wouldn't be possible without the 4 teams in final leg twist used in 25 and 26.

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #787 on: March 31, 2017, 12:35:51 PM »
If your name is Brooke, you have a pretty good chance of finishing 4th in the 1st leg: 17, 25, 29.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #788 on: April 01, 2017, 04:06:04 AM »
Only a single all-female team has ever won a leg in India (Cathrine & Michelle, Norway #1)

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #789 on: April 02, 2017, 04:24:31 AM »
Only a single all-female team has ever won a leg in India (Cathrine & Michelle, Norway #1)
But many all-female team have ever won a leg in Indonesia (Natalie & Nadiya, Jess & Lani, Sam & Renae, Treausuri & Louisa, Yvonne & Chloe and Parul & Maggie)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #790 on: April 04, 2017, 04:24:23 PM »
More TAR27 vs. TAR28
-Both feature a team that consistently gets second place finishes without managing to reach first.
-Both final legs feature a helicopter ride.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #791 on: April 04, 2017, 06:00:25 PM »
More TAR27 vs. TAR28
-Both feature a team that consistently gets second place finishes without managing to reach first.
-Both final legs feature a helicopter ride.

Both have final legs which arrive from Southern Chinese cities into large USA cities. After a roadblock they take a helicopter to a nearby rural area in the same state.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #792 on: April 07, 2017, 09:28:44 AM »
I may be wrong, as I haven't researched this  :lol:  But after last nights episode, S29 Leg 2, a new record has been broken.

Mike & Liz made the biggest improvement in placements over one Leg.  Leg 1 - 10th, Leg 2 - 1st.  This gives them a 9 Team jump.  :hoot:

They beat the old record, held by Justin & Diana in S27, who had an 8 Team jump: Leg 1 - 9th, Leg 2 - 1st.
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #793 on: April 07, 2017, 09:31:25 AM »
I may be wrong, as I haven't researched this  :lol:  But after last nights episode, S29 Leg 2, a new record has been broken.

Mike & Liz made the biggest improvement in placements over one Leg.  Leg 1 - 10th, Leg 2 - 1st.  This gives them a 9 Team jump.  :hoot:

They beat the old record, held by Justin & Diana in S27, who had an 8 Team jump: Leg 1 - 9th, Leg 2 - 1st.

They are also the first ever team to arrive 11th on the 1st leg (checking in at 10th) then finish 1st on the following leg.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #794 on: April 07, 2017, 03:57:46 PM »

They are also the first ever team to arrive 11th on the 1st leg (checking in at 10th) then finish 1st on the following leg.
:conf: I hereby declare Michael & Liz as the crowned recipients of the "worst to first" award! :conf: Very impressive considering they struggled so much at the cayuco sporting Detour and self-navigation last leg.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #795 on: April 07, 2017, 05:20:10 PM »
It's not that impressive considering there was little to no self-navigation in Leg 2 as compared to Leg 1.  Kind of reminds me of Mike & Rochelle's win in TAR 26.

Anyone know the longest penalty survived on TAR US? :spy:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #796 on: April 07, 2017, 06:19:21 PM »
Nick & Vicki had a six hour penalty for not completing either side of the Detour in Hong Kong but that was a telegraphed NEL so idt that counts?

As no one survived one of the original 24 hour penalties, I believe the answer is anyone that received a RB penalty on an elimination leg - Keith & Whitney, Michael & Scott, Caroline & Jennifer, Max & Katie, Rob & Amber, Ray & Deana, and Meredith & Gretchen (and possibly Susan & Patrick though that's fairly murky)

Other Canada editions have slightly different answers  :angel

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #797 on: April 07, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »
Not counting group penalties, I think Josh & Brent's 4-hour penalty for not completing the detour is the longest penalty survived. I think there's somebody else, but I might have missed it.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #798 on: April 07, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »
Interesting stuff.  How about: what's the longest time penalty a team waited out at the Pit Stop and still survived? Was it Justin & Diana's 55 minutes in Season 27? Kevin & Jenn's 2-hour penalty in the Season 29 premiere had me wondering about this.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #799 on: April 08, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
Interesting stuff.  How about: what's the longest time penalty a team waited out at the Pit Stop and still survived? Was it Justin & Diana's 55 minutes in Season 27? Kevin & Jenn's 2-hour penalty in the Season 29 premiere had me wondering about this.

Dave & Rachel waited out two hours in Paraguay for failing to complete the RB.