Author Topic: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!  (Read 555727 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!
« Reply #725 on: August 01, 2016, 01:54:31 AM »
So far there have been three versions of TAR US that have had both a Detour and a RB in the first leg - TAR 1 (with the RB unaired but available on DVD), TAR 10, and TAR 28.

In all three of those seasons, the team that won the first leg won the entire season  :colors

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #726 on: August 03, 2016, 03:14:06 AM »
So far there have been three versions of TAR US that have had both a Detour and a RB in the first leg - TAR 1 (with the RB unaired but available on DVD), TAR 10, and TAR 28.

In all three of those seasons, the team that won the first leg won the entire season  :colors
And there also have been three versions of TAR US that have had 2 RBs in first leg - TAR 21, TAR 22 and TAR 23, unfortunately team  that won the first leg didn't win the entire season

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »
Apparently the new trend this year is forfeiting Express Passes (not using it until the host takes it back at the deadline). It happened for the first time just 2 months ago on TAR Vietnam All-Stars, and it happened again last night on TAR Canada 4.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #728 on: August 23, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
No team has ever been eliminated in the province of Quebec.

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #729 on: August 26, 2016, 12:09:10 PM »
Is Leg 7 of Season 9 the only leg where the leg placements are the reverse of the team's final placements (B.J. & Tyler were 5th, ended up 1st; Eric & Jeremy were 4th, ended up 2nd; Ray & Yolanda were 3rd, and ended up 3rd; Joseph & Monica were 2nd, ended up 4th; Fran & Berry were 1st, ended up 5th)

Also, first post!  :trampb:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #730 on: August 26, 2016, 12:11:32 PM »
Is Leg 7 of Season 9 the only leg where the leg placements are the reverse of the team's final placements (B.J. & Tyler were 5th, ended up 1st; Eric & Jeremy were 4th, ended up 2nd; Ray & Yolanda were 3rd, and ended up 3rd; Joseph & Monica were 2nd, ended up 4th; Fran & Berry were 1st, ended up 5th)

Welcome to RFF! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :yess: :yess: :yess: :trampb: :trampb: :trampb: :conf: :conf: :conf:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #731 on: August 27, 2016, 04:26:24 PM »
TAR 25- The season where every team placed last at least once ( if you count Adam/Bethany placing 3rd last)

TAR 28- The season of preventable eliminations imo ( every team eliminated on an elimination leg could have been saved had they made better decisions/read the clue/etc)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #732 on: August 27, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »
TAR 25- The season where every team placed last at least once ( if you count Adam/Bethany placing 3rd last)

TAR 28- The season of preventable eliminations imo ( every team eliminated on an elimination leg could have been saved had they made better decisions/read the clue/etc)

Erin & Joslyn?

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #733 on: August 27, 2016, 04:54:25 PM »

Erin & Joslyn?

I guess one could argue that if they had made the train to Chamonix with the 8 other teams they could have survived with such a tight footrace!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #734 on: August 27, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »
^ That's Brittany & Jessica :P And with them, I'm sure they would've beaten Scott & Blair in a footrace, though such an elimination would've been horrible (although the bunching was already horrible in itself).

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #735 on: August 27, 2016, 05:23:12 PM »

Erin & Joslyn?

I guess one could argue that if they had made the train to Chamonix with the 8 other teams they could have survived with such a tight footrace!

That was Brittany & Jessica, I'm talking about Erin & Joslyn who were eliminated in the Chamonix episode.

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #736 on: August 27, 2016, 06:07:49 PM »

Erin & Joslyn?

That was Brittany & Jessica, I'm talking about Erin & Joslyn who were eliminated in the Chamonix episode.

But can Erin not being able to run off the cliff in Chamomix count as a preventable elimination?

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #737 on: August 27, 2016, 06:14:08 PM »

Erin & Joslyn?

But can Erin not being able to run off the cliff in Chamomix count as a preventable elimination?

Oh that's right! Thank you! But yeah, Erin couldn't hang glide off the mountain during the roadblock, even though she had multiple chances to beat Sheri, Ashley, and Blair.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #738 on: August 27, 2016, 08:35:40 PM »
Frankie & Amy (TAR Canada 4) are the 3rd Mother/Daughter team across all versions to enter the Top 5, with the 1st one being Nancy & Emily (US Season 1) followed by Debbie & Dana (TAR Israel 3). 5th place is so far the highest place attained by a Mother/Daughter team. Should Frankie & Amy make it further, they'll be the new title holders.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 08:45:31 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #739 on: September 02, 2016, 01:42:42 AM »

Interesting! :o

The closest reverse I could think of is TAR16 from Leg 7 to Leg 8:
~Cowboys' worst to first from Seychelles to Malaysia.
~Carol & Brandy's 5th to 2nd.
~Brent & Caite and Louie & Michael switching placements.
~Dan & Jordan's 2nd to 5th.
~Steve & Allie's first to worst.

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #740 on: September 02, 2016, 04:58:40 AM »

Interesting! :o

The closest reverse I could think of is TAR16 from Leg 7 to Leg 8:
~Cowboys' worst to first from Seychelles to Malaysia.
~Carol & Brandy's 5th to 2nd.
~Brent & Caite and Louie & Michael switching placements.
~Dan & Jordan's 2nd to 5th.
~Steve & Allie's first to worst.

I think another close reverse is TAR2's penultimate leg, where Blake & Paige got 1st and ended up 3rd, Tara & Wil were initially 2nd and ended up 2nd, and Chris & Alex got 3rd and ended up 1st. However, Tara & Wil were bumped up into a tie for 1st due to a time credit, so it technically doesn't count.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #741 on: September 10, 2016, 05:52:09 PM »
TAR Can teams so far (does not include season 4 end results yet)
MM- 13 (3 won/7 were in the finals)
FF-12 (0 won/3 were in the finals)
MF-17 (0 won/2 were in the finals)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2016, 11:23:48 PM »
Joel & Ashley of TAR Canada 4 being the 2nd team to get U-Turned twice by another team (U-Turned by Jillian & Emmett and Steph & Kristen) but still survive. The 1st one was Leo & Jamal of US Season 23, (U-Turned by Tim & Danny and Nicole & Travis) but still survive

Alon & Hen and Bar & Inna (Hamerotz Lamillion 2), Vova & Alla (Hamerotz LaMillion 4), Yael & Yosiel and Josie & Alex (Hamerotz Lamillion 5) were also U-Turned twice but through a majority vote by other teams and still survive.

Paul & Steve (TAR Aus 2) were also U-Turned twice but still survive with the 1st U-Turn being a majority vote from other teams and the 2nd U-Turn coming from Shane & Andrew.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 11:43:46 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #743 on: September 10, 2016, 11:38:13 PM »
Also, there hasn't been very many female couples cast overall, but Steph & Kristen are the first in a final 3

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #744 on: September 10, 2016, 11:39:19 PM »
Also, there hasn't been very many female couples cast overall, but Steph & Kristen are the first in a final 3

If I'm not mistaken, Steph & Kristen are the 1st Lesbian team to make the Final 3.

Offline CanadianOwl

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #745 on: September 10, 2016, 11:43:58 PM »
I think you are right. not sure though

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #746 on: September 11, 2016, 12:54:03 AM »

If I'm not mistaken, Steph & Kristen are the 1st Lesbian team to make the Final 3.

With that fact, I think TAR should cast more lesbian teams then. ???

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #747 on: September 11, 2016, 02:46:32 AM »

With that fact, I think TAR should cast more lesbian teams then. ???
I can only think of 2 in TAR US.
Carol & Brandy (S16)
Kate & Pat (S12)

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #748 on: September 11, 2016, 05:09:04 AM »
Kisha from Kisha and Jen was a lesbian. but not both of them, also Lauren from Duke and Lauren.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #749 on: September 11, 2016, 07:16:08 AM »
What about how many parents/children, grandparents and grandparents/grandkids have been on TAR?