The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!

<< < (195/252) > >>

violetb1911:

--- Quote from: G.B. on February 26, 2018, 04:07:16 PM ---@violetb1911

Why did you combine the three Guinea countries into one? They're all completely separate sovereign states. Same with the two Sudans.

For what it's worth, 9 of those countries have been visited by an international version! :)

--- End quote ---
my bad, I only meant to put together Guinea-Bissau and Guinea. I just grouped them as they're similar countries that share borders. I had done so for convenience purposes while compiling, but I forgot to change it before posting it ^^"

I've modified it now :)

G.B.:

--- Quote from: violetb1911 on February 27, 2018, 03:16:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: G.B. on February 26, 2018, 04:07:16 PM ---@violetb1911

Why did you combine the three Guinea countries into one? They're all completely separate sovereign states. Same with the two Sudans.

For what it's worth, 9 of those countries have been visited by an international version! :)

--- End quote ---
my bad, I only meant to put together Guinea-Bissau and Guinea. I just grouped them as they're similar countries that share borders. I had done so for convenience purposes while compiling, but I forgot to change it before posting it ^^"

I've modified it now :)

--- End quote ---

Well, I mean 'convenience' should not alter the end result of a count, should it? They're still separate countries with separate governments, separate populations, etc...

georgiapeach:
Have we been to Vatican City? Any Version?  For some reason I thought someone did....

NELs:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on February 28, 2018, 11:20:49 AM ---Have we been to Vatican City? Any Version?  For some reason I thought someone did....

--- End quote ---

Yes and No, in TAR 1 there was an unaired Fast Forward that required teams to go there, but no one took the option. So, Yes if we count not chosen tasks, and No because no one has been there. The same thing happened in Botswana in the same season where it was a detour option. The detour choice was "Far" and teams had to go Chobe National Park in Botswana, but no one took the option.

theschnauzers:
In season one, with the leg in Rome, the Fast Forward was placed in Vatican City, but no one went for it. I believe it was unaired, but post season interviews at the time did document its presence.

EDIT: Botswana was visited in a later season for a similar task to the season one detour, which was aired. As far as I know no subsequent season has attempted to return to Vatican City.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version