The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!

<< < (154/252) > >>

Plaidmoon:
It's not a big deal. When I woke up this morning, all I remembered was which team finished 3rd. I quit reading fast enough that the rest didn't sink in. I can live with that.

BourkieBoy:
In the well-known start-line eliminations, 2 out of the 4 contestants were named Lisa!

elthemagnifico:
TARA has FF teams trough to final 3 in 5 consecutive seasons... When TAR US can't be

It is the sign that FF casts are stronger than in US?

BritishTARFan:

--- Quote from: BourkieBoy on December 17, 2016, 12:18:16 AM ---In the well-known start-line eliminations, 2 out of the 4 contestants were named Lisa!

--- End quote ---

Tar CR 3...

BritishTARFan:
I've made a list of the order cities are visited on the Usa Edition of Tar. It's actually quite interesting how it's played out. The four most visited cities with four visits each are Tokyo, Bangkok, Amsterdam & Hong Kong.

Note that a visit means a rough leg. Bangkok has been visited 6 times yet S19 and S9 weren't legs that properly involved the cities. Santiago is only twice as all 3 visits are half visits; the visit in S11 was a mere stop at a building before flying to Calama. This also doesn't take into account the amount of legs. Guangzhou and Mumbai both have had 2 legs yet Guangzhou in just 1 season so it's counted as 1 visit.

2 Visits : Bangkok, Beijing, Paris, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Mumbai, Auckland, Delhi, Moscow, Jaipur, Tokyo, Ho Chi Minh City, Dubai, Stockholm, Los Lagos, Bariloche, Singapore, Shanghai, Saint Petersburg, Muscat, Seoul, Sydney, Kolkata, Vienna, Rio de Janeiro, Taipei, Phuket, Panama City, Buenos Aires, Bavaria, Arusha, Kochi, Osaka, Dhaka, Istanbul, Hanoi, Maun, Jungfrau Region, Berlin, Santiago, Lisbon, Kuala Lumpur, Kota Kinabalu, Colombo, Rome, London, Copenhagen, Marrakesh, Palermo, Manila, Swakopmund, San Antonio de Areco, Livingstone, Kraków, Agra, Macau, Mexico City & Bali.

3 Visits : Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Moscow, Amsterdam, Vienna, Tokyo, Singapore, Phuket, Bavaria, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Paris & Dubai.

4 Visits : Tokyo, Bangkok, Amsterdam & Hong Kong

I find it interesting that the first 3 cities to be visited by Tar in Europe are Moscow, Amsterdam & Vienna. Not cities like Paris, London or Rome. The 2 latter of which have only had 2 visits. (3 if you count Tar 9 for Rome). I also find it weird that San Antonio de Areco has had a second visit before places like Krakow, Mexico City & Bali.

Amazing Race routes are great; yet they do turn out quite strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version