The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!

<< < (59/252) > >>

Lutpay:
Has anyone realized this?

Season 6 and Season 23 are the two seasons that the leg's winner were changed on each leg.

WalterC:
It took 10 seasons for an all-female team to make it to the Final 3 in the US edition.

Meanwhile, TAR Asia, TAR Australia, and TAR Canada has had one in every one of their respective seasons so far.

WalterC:
This past season, TAR23, the first time both teams that had the Express Pass, made it to the Final 3.

And that was after a season where both teams with the EP, were eliminated. Plus that was the 1st time where a team was eliminated with an unused EP.

albegrato:
TAR records for the countries visited (not counting USA and TAR8) as of S23:

China and India are the most visited countried by season (10 each).
Both countries also hold the record for the most number of official pit stops (15 each).

Only three countries have been visited three seasons on a row: India (S12,S13,S14), China (S16,S17,S18), and Indonesia (S21,S22,S23)

Portugal has the largest span between visits (18 seasons: S3 & S23)
Oceania has the largest span of not being visited by TAR (4 seasons: S14,15,16,17)

Only S2 didn't visit Europe.
Only S1 has Africa as its first continent visited.
When South America is the first continent visited in a season, the route would always go eastward except for S13.
S7 has the least number of Asia legs (1 double-length leg in India)

S1, S6, and S10 has the longest back-and-forth pattern of continents:
S1: Africa/Europe/Africa/Europe
S6: Europe/Africa/Aurope/Africa
S10: Africa/Europe/Africa/Europe

Most visited city (not counting flight connection cities(ahem.Frankfurt.ahem)): Amsterdam (5) (Every season that visited The Netherlands had to go through Amsterdam, including S19's stopover)

Seasons that have the most number of new countries visited:
S3 (11); S1 (10); S5 (9); S6 (7); S10 (6)
...and the least:
S21, S22, S23 with (0).

Genius:

--- Quote from: RaceUntilWeDie on December 04, 2013, 03:13:27 PM ---

Woah, did I do this right? Is it true there has not been one U.S Season where an M/F team did NOT make the Final 3?

--- End quote ---

And this is why I usually root for co-ed (couple/ex-couple) teams!  :cmaslol :cmaslol

I think it's because

- The number of M/F teams are always greater than the number of M/M and F/F teams
- There's usually at least one young or athletic or good M/F team.

I would be quite surprised if all the M/F teams got eliminated.  :cmas31:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version