The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!

<< < (57/252) > >>

Declive:

--- Quote from: ryanmissing27 on November 27, 2013, 11:44:19 PM ---If Ally and Ashley survived the last leg (i.e. placed 4th or were NELd on 5th) and then maintained or improved their placing on the next leg they would have equaled Dandrew's record of most legs run without dropping a final placing (TAR13: legs 2 to 10)

--- End quote ---

Lucy and Emilia hold the record from leg 1 to 10.

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: Declive on November 28, 2013, 11:33:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: ryanmissing27 on November 27, 2013, 11:44:19 PM ---If Ally and Ashley survived the last leg (i.e. placed 4th or were NELd on 5th) and then maintained or improved their placing on the next leg they would have equaled Dandrew's record of most legs run without dropping a final placing (TAR13: legs 2 to 10)

--- End quote ---

Lucy and Emilia hold the record from leg 1 to 10.

--- End quote ---
Even after being arrested in Dubai and almost having a complete Yani & Nadine moment (last place & last place combo). :funny:

ryanmissing27:
Is the 'turn over a new leaf' detour the first task to feature a credible animal threat? (i.e. the snakes in the tea plantation)
Past examples of animal warning haven't really produced any animals:
- the fake bear in Sweden S17
- the bushmen feigning fear of a lion to try and get Caroline/Jennifer to climb a tree S22
- the 'crocodiles' in the Botswana fast forward (S22)
Although I think there was something with tigers in India in season 1, I can't remember exactly...

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: ryanmissing27 on November 25, 2013, 05:55:32 AM ---*Disclaimer: I haven't verified this* but I propose that Nicky and Kim (current season: 23) performed the most tasks in completing one leg: UAE2 = 6
1. coin riddle
2. dune buggies
3. & 4. both sides of the detour : dress camel, prepare food
5. wave pool speed bump
6. rapids roadblock
For this I classify one complete leg as being from pit start to pit stop (even if it is fake, virtual, whatever). I think the only contention would come from the double leg in season 6; in that case they are the F/F team that has completed the most tasks in one leg or the team in the current racing era, i.e. since the introduction of the u-turn i guess...

I think it's a pretty neat record, contradict me if you can!

--- End quote ---
Correct, but only for a standard Leg. (TAR9's final nine ties the record due to the Leg 3 superleg.)

To break Nicky & Kim's record, TAR Asia 2's final 7 performed the most tasks in one leg (superleg): 7

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: ryanmissing27 on December 03, 2013, 04:46:17 AM ---Is the 'turn over a new leaf' detour the first task to feature a credible animal threat? (i.e. the snakes in the tea plantation)
Past examples of animal warning haven't really produced any animals:
- the fake bear in Sweden S17
- the bushmen feigning fear of a lion to try and get Caroline/Jennifer to climb a tree S22
- the 'crocodiles' in the Botswana fast forward (S22)
Although I think there was something with tigers in India in season 1, I can't remember exactly...

--- End quote ---
Season 1's India visited the Karni Mata rats... *shivers*.
Thailand featured the tiger (Lenny & Karyn never saw tigers.), but was shown as a Roadblock.

The elephants Nary & Jamie saw from TAR20, Tanzania (Ngorongoro Crater Park) are another example.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version