The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Some interesting (and some not so interesting) facts and records!

<< < (3/252) > >>

Prophet:
I checked that 5th, 7th, and 10th on the 1st leg theory by looking at other versions. I think it's a coincidence on the American version because this system does not work on TAR Asia at all. Jeremy and Sandy and Amani and Marcus have an equal chance of winning, IMO.

Dom:

--- Quote from: Prophet on November 28, 2011, 07:51:48 AM ---I checked that 5th, 7th, and 10th on the 1st leg theory by looking at other versions. I think it's a coincidence on the American version because this system does not work on TAR Asia at all. Jeremy and Sandy and Amani and Marcus have an equal chance of winning, IMO.

--- End quote ---

Ah but I personally only consider TAR US to be 'canon'! If I got permission, and paid enough money, I could televise my own Amazing Race and it wouldn't have any connection to the original besides the same branding!

Prophet:

--- Quote from: Dom El on November 28, 2011, 07:55:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Prophet on November 28, 2011, 07:51:48 AM ---I checked that 5th, 7th, and 10th on the 1st leg theory by looking at other versions. I think it's a coincidence on the American version because this system does not work on TAR Asia at all. Jeremy and Sandy and Amani and Marcus have an equal chance of winning, IMO.

--- End quote ---

Ah but I personally only consider TAR US to be 'canon'! If I got permission, and paid enough money, I could televise my own Amazing Race and it wouldn't have any connection to the original besides the same branding!

--- End quote ---

True, it is the "canon" version, but the greatest spell of all (the third leg curse) works across all versions. ;)

Dom:

--- Quote from: Prophet on November 28, 2011, 07:57:04 AM ---True, it is the "canon" version, but the greatest spell of all (the third leg curse) works across all versions. ;)

--- End quote ---

Yeah for sure, that is definitely the best one!

Personally I think the most interesting stat is that teams that come second in a leg win the next leg more often than the team that came first!! There's no reasonable explanation for that, other than maybe the first place teams suffer from overconfidence or 'take it easy' after their win..

AmazingRace:

--- Quote from: SuperTux on November 28, 2011, 07:49:49 AM ---Then there's no doubt that Jeremy & Sandy will win the race of S19.

--- End quote ---

As much as I would love that, it is impossible to guarantee that they will win based on patterns as there is always a first for everything.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version