Archive > The Amazing Race 19 Spoilers and Speculation

TAR 19 EP 9 "It's Speedo Time (Brussels, Belgium)"

<< < (36/37) > >>

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: apskip on November 22, 2011, 07:13:16 PM ---They are, but the best pommes frites come from Belgium. Just ask anyone in Europe who travels around the European Union. Or better yet, go to Brussels and taste them for yourself.

--- End quote ---

poor kid here, I'll take your word...

Slowhatch:
Here's the special thanks. I didn't see any mention in the credit roll for Bjarne, who's made a good living portraying Andersen.

David:
I've been in Brussells, and what you have to ask for lunch/dinner to try once is "des Mulles et Frites".

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moules-frites

About if it's or not a Detour, here's a clear shot if it was.

NoluckBoston:
I have wonders if teams asked there cab driver if they knew how to get to the other Detour and the cabbie said no, or was unsure. Making them all choose the Speedos.

I remember in TAR 9 leg 3, when teams had to either search though Russian nesting dolls or clean a trolley. The cabs knew where the dolls were, but all the cabs had a hard time finding the trolley place. Many took the trolley Detour, but had one hell of a time finding it.

"The Detour for this half of the leg was Scour or Scrub. In Scour, teams had travel to Dubrovka Theatre to search among 1,500 pieces of Russian nesting dolls to find one of 10 microscopic clues hidden inside on this doll. In Scrub, teams had travel to a trolly bus depot at 8 Trolley Park to thoroughly wash a Russian public trolley bus, respectively. When the bus is cleaned, a bus driver would get their next clue."
Wiki.

Prophet:
My guess it was either impossible to find or it was an eating task. We can be pretty sure from the show that no one even tried to drive over to that one so they all had to have decided when opening the clue to do the speedos. I wonder if the close proximity of teams after that mid leg transport caused them to believe that following the others was the best choice. But that doesn't seem to explain why no one seemed to consider changing.
The other idea I've had is that something went wrong with the other task from a production standpoint and they were forced to do that one. In this case they would not have had time to change out the envelopes. I am still kind of surprised that their editors were not good enough to delete those frames showing the yellow envelopes. :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version