Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Game of Thrones
« on: November 11, 2011, 07:43:30 AM »
Did anyone watch the first series? I just finished it, and have to say it was one of the most engaging shows I've watched in a long time. The casting was excellent and the premise original and fresh!

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:05:56 PM »
Oh! I agree completely. When it aired last Spring, I liked it so much that I immediately watched it again on HBO-OD. Then I followed that by reading all five, so far, books. I'm really looking forward to the next series on HBO and the sixth book.

BTW, the TV series was a faithful adaptation. Very good.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
What's it about? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »
It's set in a medieval-fantasy world where seasons can last for years at a time. But despite its setting, its very much a show about its characters and their relationships. Really gripping storylines, though it is sometimes gruesome and graphic!

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:58:09 PM »
THIS NEEDS A BUMP <33

One of the best series I've watched on TV so epic <33
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 04:43:44 PM »

:snicker:  and the dwarf is a real kick.  Season 1 was great, but Season 2 is a bit draggy.  Doing binge watching.  Hopefully Season 3 is better.  Visually rich.  Plot is becoming a bit messy.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »
Started binge watching GoT... on Season 1, Episode 9... I love it, and I hope it's this good throughout.

*Winter is coming*
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:05:26 PM »
Season 5 begins this Sunday, April 12th, don't miss it :tup:
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »
I love this show so much, partly because I found out about this show because of the books.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »
I found out about the show before the books. Now I'm reading the books because of the show. I'm on the second book in the series, A Clash of Kings.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »
I found out about the show before the books. Now I'm reading the books because of the show. I'm on the second book in the series, A Clash of Kings.

I've tried to read the books but procrastination gets in the way all the time :lol:

Offline TARloveit

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The true winners of TAR26. Horribly robbed :(
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »

I've tried to read the books but procrastination gets in the way all the time :lol:
You should read the books, they have some pretty interesting stuff not found on the show!

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »
Surprised by the lack of Arya Stark in this premiere episode...

I seriously thought that one of the first scenes this season was going to be Arya arriving in Braavos (because of the GoT S4 finale) but apparently that was not the case.

Interesting things that happened (in Spoiler Tags in case you did not see the GoT S5 premiere yet:
Show content
- The prologue shows a flashback of a younger Cersei asking a witch three questions:
 -- She first asks if she would marry the prince. The witch answers no, Cersei would instead marry the king.
 -- The second question is if they would have children. The witch answers saying that the king would have 20 children, and Cersei would have 3. (A lot of bastards... This is Game of Thrones, no surprises here. :lol:)
 -- The third question is if she would be queen for a long time. The witch answered no. She said that a younger, more beautiful woman would take her place.
- The unsullied knock down the statue (I think it's called a harpy, not sure) on top of the pyramid in Mereen)
- In Mereen, one of the unsullied is murdered while in a brothel. Daenerys orders Grey Worm to find those responsible for the murder.
- In Pentos, Varys convinced Tyrion to travel to Mereen to support Daenerys... whoa :o
- Near the Wall, Stannis tries to convince Jon Snow to convince Mance Rayder (the King beyond the Wall) to "bend the knee" (swear loyalty to Stannis), so that Stannis can use the wildlings to fight for him.
- Mance Ryder refused and was then burned to death (although Jon Snow did shoot an arrow at him in his heart while he was burning).

Was a good premiere :tup:

News about Arya:
Show content
Read in the GoT wikia that she will appear in the next episode :)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »
I watched the leaked eps, now I have to wait a month for episode 5 :torche

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 06:05:06 PM »

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »
I watched the leaked eps, now I have to wait a month for episode 5 :torche

I've watched episodes 1-3 leaked actually and will watch 4 tonight.

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 07:55:09 PM »
FINALLY after watching those 4 leaked episodes... the 5th one is finally here! I'm going to watch it now! Starts in 5 minutes.

In another note... what has happened to the Unsullied... is it me or have they gotten weaker lately, especially with the fight against the Sons of the Harpy???

Offline Philimination

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
Tragic ending to season 5...

Spoilers:
Show content
Jon Snow is killed by the Nights' Watch :(