Author Topic: Unaired Things From TAR Episodes  (Read 25221 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Unaired Things From TAR Episodes
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »
Wait,Core Pacific Mall route marker? I watch the first episode 2093209 times and i can't see where that goes   :duno:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 09:37:00 AM »
In TAR 19 Leg 9, the other end of the bodybuilding pose detour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »
We saw that...it was the TINTIN task they did the next morning...hauled them all out of bed to do it too! :lol:

:welcome: to RFF Jimmer25!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 05:21:35 AM »
In TAR 19 Leg 9, the other end of the bodybuilding pose detour.

Did you mean it was suppose to be a Detour? but turned out to be a mandatory Route Info ???
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
Yes, body building was a Detour, as was the TinTin task. Because it was supposedly confusingly worded and no one could figure out how difficult it might be or the distances involved, the TinTin detour was not chosen.

Since it was a product placement, the TinTin Detour was changed by production to a Route Info...and everyone had to do it. Early. :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
That's pretty interesting about Tintin but is that fact? i find it hard to think that some of the teams who seemed uncomfortable with the speedo still did the bodybuilding...
regardless i think tintin was one of the better product placement tasks, had the movie not been made or whatever that task would have still been 100% culturally relevant. what would the task have been named i wonder... bodybuilding posedown or comicbook showdown? not really a showdown though...

is there a thread for tasks that i can pretend happened and just went unaired? such as collecting all of maria's favourite things before checking in at the villa trapp!! haha what an underused landmark >< or a mail sorting switchback roadblock for tar18

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 04:46:34 PM »
Yes, body building was a Detour, as was the TinTin task.

yes, fact. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ryanmissing27

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 05:55:20 AM »
I'm sorry but quoting yourself as fact without any apparent source is far from credible and quite frankly a little insulting...

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 07:26:18 AM »
I'm sorry but quoting yourself as fact without any apparent source is far from credible and quite frankly a little insulting...

do not insult the peach!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2012, 08:33:55 AM »

You are always welcome to take or leave any info you find here.  :)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
Yes, body building was a Detour, as was the TinTin task. Because it was supposedly confusingly worded and no one could figure out how difficult it might be or the distances involved, the TinTin detour was not chosen.

Since it was a product placement, the TinTin Detour was changed by production to a Route Info...and everyone had to do it. Early. :lol:

It was kind of a lame product placement :lol: No one could figure out if it was supposed to be one or not.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2012, 09:09:04 AM »
I think it was meant to be a product placement which failed terribly. :lol:

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 01:02:02 AM »
Is there a link to this? I've been trying to find it but had no success. I want to update the roadblock total for TAR10.

Season 10, Leg 7 (Mauritius): Roadblock was present, but unknown.

This was fully explained somewhere in the threads here, Lyn kindly gave us all the details.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2020, 09:51:26 AM »
Ask G.B. or check our wiki?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2020, 10:02:58 AM »
TAR 31, Leg 4 (Vietnam): Head-to-Head was present, but was not seen on air.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2020, 06:28:45 PM »
I was randomly looking at old promos for older TAR seasons. Did we have an unaired skydiving task on TAR8? Or is this our unaired Fast Forward in Costa Rica?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qTgIV1tUKE&ab_

Promo starts at 19:22. Said task is on 19:40.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
It looks like the helicopter says "SKYDIVE AZ", so Arizona? Great find!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2020, 05:58:06 PM »
I believe we verified the Costa Rica FF as having to sit down and have a family portrait painted.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2022, 01:47:21 AM »
Someone recently discovered that the penultimate leg of season 7 in Jamaica had an Unaired Task that I don't believe anyone ever knew about.

The interesting thing is that this task was cut out of the original airing of this episode as well as every other version of the episode on all streaming services, up until TAR recently got added to Disney+ internationally. Apparently the editing of this episode on Disney+ is very different than anything that was originally aired and even includes the entire cut task in full!

I don't have Disney+ to watch this, plus it seems this version of the episode is only available internationally, but this is pretty fascinating. Makes you wonder if we'll ever get long lost new versions of old episodes that had cut tasks/missing scenes and if we'll ever get to see them in full one day?

Discussion on Reddit and Twitter:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/tynmr4/tar_on_disney_unaired_tasks/

Online OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2022, 03:24:20 PM »
Big update!

Someone kindly uploaded the cut task in it's entirety onto YouTube.

The entire sequence shows nearly 10-minutes of completely unaired never before seen footage, including brand new scenes not even pertaining to the cut task itself.

Going back and comparing this to the original airing and watching them side by side is really interesting and shows just how much editing has an impact on the show itself.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EoXUBZfffRA

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2022, 05:22:12 PM »
Actually someone did know about it. I remember someone who made a chart of every task up to like season 25 or something mentioned it and I always found it odd that no one else mentioned it

Edit: I wish I said something before, I never realized how big of a discovery it was lol
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 05:43:18 PM by ianthebalance »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2022, 05:32:54 PM »
Fantastic find!

I can't believe I never actually read through the rest of this thread before... It seems like our quest to understand unaired stuff will never end
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2022, 10:40:37 AM »
This is so insane watching! I understand why they cut the task as it wasn't very entertaining and it didn't really do much to the order of the teams, but I did enjoy watching it! I am very curious as of why CBS sold them this cut of the episode, but I am not complaining at all. This is another excuse for me to move to Canada now lol.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2022, 04:58:02 PM »
Do you have a link to that task chart?

Actually someone did know about it. I remember someone who made a chart of every task up to like season 25 or something mentioned it and I always found it odd that no one else mentioned it

Edit: I wish I said something before, I never realized how big of a discovery it was lol

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2022, 05:00:12 PM »
Does anyone have Disney+ (outside the US) and be willing to check a few episodes for me to see if certain tasks have been inserted?