Author Topic: Unaired Things From TAR Episodes  (Read 25223 times)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Unaired Things From TAR Episodes
« on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:10 AM »
Hello. Can you help me compile all the unaired stuff (like tasks, locations, and powers) from TAR Episodes? I can only remember those from Season 11 above! :lol:

Season 11
Cliff Jumping Roadblock in Hawaii
Grateful House in California

Season 12

Season 13
U-Turn in Russian Army Camp

Season 14
The Detour in Hawaii (only the first half is seen)
One Route Marker that involves finding a statue before the Finish Line in Hawaii

Season 15
Green Room in Tokyo, Japan
U-Turn in Vietnam after Child's Play Detour

Season 16
Wolff Castle in Chile

Season 17

Season 18

Season 19
Core Pacific Mall Route Marker
Bukit Indah Hotel in Indonesia
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Unaired Things From TAR Episodes
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 06:28:33 AM »
Here are the others (please fill in the gaps everyone!):

Season 1, Leg 1 (Zambia): Roadblock that involved cooking an ostrich egg. Both team members then had to eat it.
Season 5, Leg 8 (Dubai): Roadblock that involved buying nuts from a market and delivering them to a ship.
Season 5, Leg 13 (Canada): Task that involved choosing to buy either a jacket or gloves for use in the rest of the leg.
Season 5, Leg 13 (Canada): Roadblock that involved building a teepee outside Banff Springs Hotel.
Season 10, Leg 4 (Vietnam): Yield at the Hydrofoil Harbor was unaired, presumably due to no one using it.
Season 10, Leg 7 (Mauritius): Roadblock was present, but unknown.
Season 11, Leg 7 (Poland): Roadblock involved rowing into the reflecting pool in the middle of the palace. Other details are not known.
Season 12, Leg 5 (Lithuania): Fast Forward was present at Trakai Island Castle, but was unused.
Season 13, Leg 3 (Bolivia): Task at Mercado Rodrigues, details unknown.
Season 14, Leg 7 (Thailand): Fast Forward involved buying items for a local orphanage, but was not taken.
Season 14, Leg 9 (China): Task involved climbing the Peak of the Luminous Moon and playing the 'Drums of Life'.
Season 14, Leg 10 (China): Jaime & Cara won jetskis for coming 1st at the midpoint, but this was not mentioned on air.
Season 15, Leg 4 (Cambodia): The first prize was motorcycles and was awarded to Zev & Justin before they realised they were missing their passports.
Season 15, Leg 11 (Czech Republic): Brian & Erika incurred a 30 minute penalty for writing down the letters during the Roadblock. This did not affect their placement.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »
Season 19

Don't forget that scene we saw with Jenna and Ethan crawling over some weird stuff through a narrow dark corridor. We still don't know what was that!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:04:01 PM »
Hello. Can you help me compile all the unaired stuff (like tasks, locations, and powers) from TAR Episodes? I can only remember those from Season 11 above! :lol:

Season 11
Cliff Jumping Roadblock in Hawaii
Grateful House in California

Season 12

Season 13
U-Turn in Russian Army Camp

Season 14
The Detour in Hawaii (only the first half is seen)
One Route Marker that involves finding a statue before the Finish Line in Hawaii

Season 15
Green Room in Tokyo, Japan
U-Turn in Vietnam after Child's Play Detour

Season 16
Wolff Castle in Chile

Season 17

Season 18

Season 19

Cocoa,

I believe I can help, although have a few different interpretations of what should go in this list with what you have shown above. I went back to AR1 and found a lot of unused/unaired tasks in the early seasons, almost all Fast Forwards:

AR1, ep. 4 FF
AR1, ep. 6 FF
AR1, ep. 10 FF
AR3, ep. 8 FF
AR4, ep. 8 FF
AR5, ep. 8 ROADBLOCK buying nuts and deliver to ship
AR5, ep. 8 FF
AR5, ep. 13 ROADBLOCK building tepee in Banff
AR8, ep. 6 FF

You and Dom El have done a decent job from AR10 forward, so I will not repeat that. However, I ask you both to reconsider if an overnight stay at in the Green Room in Tokyo, in Wulff's Castle, in the Bukit Indah Hotel really constitute "unused and unaired" or are just what normally happens for most overnight stays (they are unused but almost always unaired since World Race Productions stopped doing "eat, sleep, mingle"). Core Pacific Mall route marker was used by the one team that had to do their SpeedBump there.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
I think the main point Cocoa is looking for is things we could know racers did but that we have no news about them.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:06:09 PM »

This was fully explained somewhere in the threads here, Lyn kindly gave us all the details.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »

Don't forget that scene we saw with Jenna and Ethan crawling over some weird stuff through a narrow dark corridor. We still don't know what was that!

That was something from their intro I believe, not a race task...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 01:06:12 AM »
Season 5, Leg 12- The diving task with the giant clams was one side of a detour, but the other side is unknown.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
season 14 had a charity ff in pukeit

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:39:40 PM »
Wikipedia has an U-Turn in Sweden in TAR15, but I don't know if it's true... I havent seen it mentioned anywhere else...

and, are you including portions of tasks also not seen?? For example, in the Roadblock in Taiwan they had to buy a phone card or get a local to lend them their phone card so they can use the payphone and call Confucious.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
There was also an unaired Yield on Episode 1 of Season 8, right? Before they did the river task.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »
^Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've heard something about that.

Also, in TAR 5 there was an unaired Yield on every leg but one.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Vigate

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »

This was fully explained somewhere in the threads here, Lyn kindly gave us all the details.
It was some sort of kayaking, right? I am trying to remember fully.....

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
How about this one from Season 11? It is from the Macau leg (Leg 11), but this has not been featured in the telecast. When does this task come in the picture?  :)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 10:03:51 PM »
I've heard rumors of a U-Turn after the detour in TAR 17, ep. 7. This was said because the Detours were so close together and both were decently difficult. But these are only rumors.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 10:12:30 PM »
We have the info for that fish task in spoilers somewhere if you want to look.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 05:52:10 PM »
TAR18, Leg 1 - retrieve clue from the boat before going to Manly

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:37 PM »
In season 11, leg 13 they had to jump off of a cliff and also they had to visit the house of the Grateful Death or something like that..

Oh you have them already..gotta pay more attention ¬¬

But i also remember in season 2 when they used the snow cat, supposedly it was part of a detour but since none of the teams chose the other option it was edited as a simple task.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:26:31 PM by Charlie90 »

Offline Tarfan37

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 08:01:48 PM »
Cocoa,

I believe I can help, although have a few different interpretations of what should go in this list with what you have shown above. I went back to AR1 and found a lot of unused/unaired tasks in the early seasons, almost all Fast Forwards:

AR1, ep. 4 FF
AR1, ep. 6 FF
AR1, ep. 10 FF
AR3, ep. 8 FF
AR4, ep. 8 FF
AR5, ep. 8 ROADBLOCK buying nuts and deliver to ship
AR5, ep. 8 FF
AR5, ep. 13 ROADBLOCK building tepee in Banff
AR8, ep. 6 FF

You and Dom El have done a decent job from AR10 forward, so I will not repeat that. However, I ask you both to reconsider if an overnight stay at in the Green Room in Tokyo, in Wulff's Castle, in the Bukit Indah Hotel really constitute "unused and unaired" or are just what normally happens for most overnight stays (they are unused but almost always unaired since World Race Productions stopped doing "eat, sleep, mingle"). Core Pacific Mall route marker was used by the one team that had to do their SpeedBump there.

[/quote]

2 Things. Kaylani and lisa had a hazard not a speedbump and In TAR 1 For leg 6's FF the teams had to find the keys to the arms of St. Peter. This information was said by lynn on the comentary of season 1 DVD

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:06 PM »
The fish task happened at the Ponte Cais Plaza on Coloane, where teams had to search the area for trays of dried fish, then hang them out to dry. It was raining, so by the end of the task all the fish got wet and had to be paid for by production...

I remember the TAR 1 Rome Fast Forward to be a search for the headquarters of the Knights of Malta on Aventine Hill, the gate of which had a keyhole that looked out towards the dome of St Peter. Tunisia had a Fast Forward involving a boat, but I don't think I read any more information about it.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
The fish task happened at the Ponte Cais Plaza on Coloane, where teams had to search the area for trays of dried fish, then hang them out to dry. It was raining, so by the end of the task all the fish got wet and had to be paid for by production...

:o :groan: :lol:

But I would still have liked to see that task in the final cut...

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »
Neobie,

The AR1 ep. 4 unaired/unused FAST FORWARD was a boat task from Tunis to Sidi Bou Said.

The AR1 ep. 6 one was indeed "Find the key to the arms of St. Peter's."

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:04 PM »
Hmm. The Vatican is small, but not that small. How were teams supposed to win the Fast Forward with just that information?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keys_of_Heaven

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 08:34:33 AM »
Neobie,

As your reference states, the Basilica of St. Peter's Cathedral is in the shape of a key. That means either that the FAST FORWARD would be hidden outside it (I consider this most likely) or inside it (with a capacity of 10,000 people it would take a while to search the inside space and I doubt that the Catholic hierarchy would have approved that).

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 10:36:43 AM »

??part of their prerace at home film shoot, not on the race footage anyway.
RFF's Golden Rule: