Author Topic: Most Annoying Teams  (Read 57443 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Most Annoying Teams
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2011, 08:12:46 PM »

Season 5

Kim - Seriously do something!!!

No doubt in my mind the producers changed the Roadblock rules because of her. She didn't do jack the whole season. Flo got a lot of grief for being a passenger/bystander her season but Kim did the same number of RB as Flo did - one. ONE!

As a side note, mswood loves the word seriously. Seriously  :lol:
I think it really hurt that the final three teams all had three women who didn't really contribute a lot to the actual performance of tasks. 

I pick on Kim because the way should would just look at Chip, raise her eye brows and say your doing this one.

I thought it was funny as hell at first, but she kept doing it all season long....

Look at the top five teams each season (of course not counting all female teams) for the first five years.
Margareta 3 RB's
Tara 4 RB
Paige 3 RB (hell Peach did two and only made it through 7 legs, seriously Peach!)

Flo 1 (and why am I not surprised)
Teri 2 RB
Jill 3 RB
Kelly 2 RB
Millie 2 RB

Out of all the teams that made it 2/3 rds of the way that had one male one female Flo was the first racer who only performed one RB, yet in season 5 all three finale teams had one female only do one task. 

Sad.  Seriously Joyce from Season five eliminated in the 4th leg did more then any of the women who went the full race. :groan:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2011, 09:58:11 PM »

Season 5

Kim - Seriously do something!!!

No doubt in my mind the producers changed the Roadblock rules because of her. She didn't do jack the whole season. Flo got a lot of grief for being a passenger/bystander her season but Kim did the same number of RB as Flo did - one. ONE!

As a side note, mswood loves the word seriously. Seriously  :lol:
I think it really hurt that the final three teams all had three women who didn't really contribute a lot to the actual performance of tasks. 

I pick on Kim because the way should would just look at Chip, raise her eye brows and say your doing this one.

I thought it was funny as hell at first, but she kept doing it all season long....

Look at the top five teams each season (of course not counting all female teams) for the first five years.
Margareta 3 RB's
Tara 4 RB
Paige 3 RB (hell Peach did two and only made it through 7 legs, seriously Peach!)

Flo 1 (and why am I not surprised)
Teri 2 RB
Jill 3 RB
Kelly 2 RB
Millie 2 RB

Out of all the teams that made it 2/3 rds of the way that had one male one female Flo was the first racer who only performed one RB, yet in season 5 all three finale teams had one female only do one task. 

Sad.  Seriously Joyce from Season five eliminated in the 4th leg did more then any of the women who went the full race. :groan:

I don't think this is necessarily a gender exclusive thing. Tian and Jaree (S4) had a Roadblock split of 6-0 until they were eliminated.

I also think that had the rule not been in place, Rebecca would have performed more Roadblocks than Adam by a clear margin.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
Yeah Adam is one of the few Males who wouldn't pony up unless he had to....ANd I was very surprised that Tian & Jaree was so one sided.

Hell season tens James would have let Tyler do all the tasks if he could, but he did step up and do his share, and he certainly didn't make it seem like his partner should be doing all the tasks.

Even Adam wanted to do some tasks (I think to prove he could), it wasn't like he wanted Rebecca to do every single thing (though at times...).

And I don't want to give the impression that all women don't want to pull their own weight, because that clearly isn't the case.

Hell I think Margareta would have done more if Frank wouldn't have jumped to it, so quickly (and that goes back to the first season).

Offline TheZanies

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
All-male or all-female teams where one partner was clearly better at challenges (or at the very least more willing to perform them) than the other:

Mary & Peach S2...to Peach's credit, she tried to pull her own weight, but it was apparent that Mary would be tackling on the tougher tasks.

Heather & Eve S3...Eve was pretty much useless, sorry. She was so afraid of EVERYTHING I felt bad for Heather. I always pull for the girls and Eve was plain embarrassing.

Tian & Jaree S4...already mentioned above.

Tyler & James S10...already mentioned above.

Maria & Tiffany S15...Maria was almost as bad as Eve, especially when it came to physical tasks, one of the weakest females (in terms of general strength) ever on the race, IMO.

Brook & Claire S17...Claire couldn't run from here to there, any time there was even a little running involved, they'd instantly fall behind other teams. Brook got the "annoying" tag for constantly yelling at her teammate ("C'mon, Claaaaaire"), but what would you have her do? Without her egging Claire on, I'm certain C would have given up on a few of the more physically challenging tasks.

I obviously didn't include teams like Mel & Mike, Mirna (screw her) & Charla or Zev & Justin where one partner just wasn't capable to perform certain challenges due to age, disease etc.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2011, 06:32:50 PM »

I obviously didn't include teams like Mel & Mike, Mirna (screw her) & Charla or Zev & Justin where one partner just wasn't capable to perform certain challenges due to age, disease etc.

What about Luke? He had to skip some roadblocks because of deafness. And what could Zev not do?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2011, 02:24:01 PM »
I am no fan of Kim at all, but let's be fair in the context of AR5. The other F3, teams, also had females who did only 1 ROADBLOCK each total. Yes, Nicole and Christie (who is part off one of my favorite teams ever) both also did 1 RB. I believe the reason they and Kim all did this is that their partners Chip, Brandon and Colin were strong performers and did not want their team to fall behind.

So, the females did not carry meat (ep. 1), ribbon roping (ep. 2), bite many chocolates (ep. 3), eat caviar (ep. 4, Kim only), descend to the base of the Osiris shaft (ep. 5), dig through sand for scarab (ep. 6), eat ostrich egg (ep. 7), make 20 mud bricks by hand (ep. 9), roll in zorb down hill (ep. 10), climb underneath Auckland Harbor Bridge (ep. 11), or climb 150 feet using mechanical ascender (ep. 12). Nicole and Christie ate 2.2 pounds caviar. I haven't figured out which ROADBLOCK Kim actually did, but my guess is biting the chocolates in San Carlos de Bariloche. 

Offline tullfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
As I recall, Kim did the digging for the scarab Road Block in Egypt.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
Congrats on the baby!!  What joy!!  :ihrtu

Survivor would be awesome..the first crossover from TAR!  :yess:

And remember editing y'all....TV can make you seem (or say) almost any way they want by the power of editing. Lance and Keri were by no means the award winners for most annoying team for me...

Thanx Peach..but actually the editing was not unfair..when u are filmed 24/7 it is what u signed up for. It would be no fun to take the run to seriously.  They do mix the time sequence of what u say when u say it. But I think we do not win the catergory but definetly qualify....lol

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2011, 01:38:40 PM »
Lance and Keri TAR15 hands down...mostly Lance as Keri got a bad rap.

pardon me, but aren't you Lance? Also why do you say Keri got a bad rap? I think editing was pretty fair, it that it showed both of your team's bad sides.
[/quot

Yep, the editing was fair. But she is alot nicer in person and I am alot nastier..lol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2011, 01:40:08 PM »

And remember editing y'all....TV can make you seem (or say) almost any way they want by the power of editing. Lance and Keri were by no means the award winners for most annoying team for me...

Thanx Peach..but actually the editing was not unfair..when u are filmed 24/7 it is what u signed up for. It would be no fun to take the run to seriously.  They do mix the time sequence of what u say when u say it. But I think we do not win the catergory but definetly qualify....lol

That's what I say about editing. They work with what they have.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »

If u give it to them..expect them to use it.....

That's what I say about editing. They work with what they have.

Offline Goldeneye

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »
This list below only is from TAR14 to 18/UB, because those were the five seasons that I actually have seen in full.
TAR14 - Jaime, Mark & Michael, Jennifer (for having Preston carrying you to the First Pit Stop, especially), Luke & Margie (mostly Luke)
TAR15 - Lance, Ericka, Sam & Dan, Mika & Canaan
TAR16 - Joe (for many, many things, and as such, you give a bad name to a certain group of people), Caite & Brent (more Caite than Brent), Jeff & Jordan (purely for plain stupidity), Carol & Brandy (for dragging U-Turn gate for far too long), Louie & Michael
TAR17 - Nick (for being a quitter and being flat out stupid at times), Chad, Thomas (not annoying IRL), Katie & Rachel (not annoying IRL either), Mallory to some extent (please don't bring her inside a poker room, thank you), Kevin to a little extent (put some belief in your father, like TAR12 Nick did to his grandfather - and even Don is older than Michael)
TAR18 - Kent & Vyxsin (both equally annoying), Flight Time & Big Easy, Ron

As for previous seasons, Jonathan and Kendra (both TAR6) are on the top of my list for annoying. And yes, there are probably other racers that have been annoying through the seasons, but I didn't watch most of those seasons anyway.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 08, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
from tar au 1 is defanartily joey and richard and i didnt care for the surfer boys who won(tylar and nathan) and the bikers on their last 2 or so eps on the show