Author Topic: TAR 20 Media  (Read 54147 times)

Offline brenchelfan66

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 20 Media
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2012, 11:11:33 PM »
Canadians cant see it, can someone re upload it?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
 :bigwelcome to RFF, brenchelfan66!!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2012, 06:11:56 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan on Premiere's Crazy Finish: It Was the Most Bizarre Pit Stop Ever
Feb 19, 2012 09:25 PM ET
by Joyce Eng

Phil Keoghan[SPOILER ALERT: The following story contains the results of The Amazing Race 20 season premiere. Read at your own risk.]

There was no missing passport drama on the Season 20 premiere of The Amazing Race, but the final minutes served up what Phil Keoghan calls the "most bizarre Pit Stop we've ever had."

Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan: You'd be crazy not to watch because of Big Brother's Brendon and Rachel

Fighting for the last spot in the Top 10, sisters Misa and Maiya finished the empanada challenge before buddies Joey "Fitness" and Danny, and seemed on their way to safety at the Pit Stop behind the building. Instead, they ran out, looked around a few times and ran back inside — somehow missing Keoghan, the Pit Stop greeter and the production team who were visibly standing to their right. While they aimlessly searched the grounds, Joey and Danny arrived at the Pit Stop, ensuring the girls' elimination.

"I still cannot believe it happened," Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "[CBS Entertainment President] Nina Tassler said to me the other day, 'Phil, the look on your face when you saw that they missed you, it's priceless.' I'm not going to call out, 'Hey, guys! I'm over here!' I'm just standing there going, 'Are you serious? You can't see me?'"

Keoghan estimates that they were about 80 yards apart. "I just thought they were taking their time," he says. "They could see me; I saw them. Everyone else saw me. We're standing there with cameras, the mat's there, the greeter's there. Short of having a flashing light above my head — we were there. Somehow they missed us, they went back into the building, went through the other side, walked all the way around the vineyards, then came back through the other side."

In the interim, Joey and Danny made no such mistake and checked in. The whole thing transpired in a matter of minutes, Keoghan says. Misa and Maiya followed the guys about a minute later. "They must still be ruing it," Keoghan says. "It's the most bizarre Pit Stop we've ever had. It was crazy. In the past, when teams missed the mat — not this close, obviously — they usually end up safe, but this was too close for them to avoid [elimination]."

So where does this shocker rank among Race's biggest moments?

"It's definitely a top 10 pivotal moment," Keoghan says. "It's one of those memorable moments, like Charla carrying the meat on her back [in Season 5] or Uchenna and Joyce getting onto the earlier flight [in the Season 7 finale]. In terms of finishes, there's Justin and Zev losing their passport [in Season 15], but outside of Chris and Alex outrunning Wil and Tara [for the $1 million in the Season 2 finale], I can't see how it gets any worse than this."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/amazing-race-premiere-pitstop-keoghan-1043506.aspx?rss=breakingnews
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2012, 02:46:37 PM »
From TV GUIDE Magazine:

Today's News: Our Take

Cheers & Jeers: The Amazing Race's Shore Things
Feb 20, 2012 11:10 AM ET
by Bruce Fretts

Jeers to The Amazing Race for taking a detour to Jersey Shore territory.

CBS' Emmy-winning, long-running reality show has always distanced itself from its competitors by staying classy, but by casting Joey "Fitness" Lasalla and Danny Horal, they're just jumping on the GTL bandwagon. Though the trainer and the nightclub promoter are from Long Island, they were quick to liken themselves to MTV's self-proclaimed "Guidos," even referring to their abs as "the Solution."

Joey and Danny were almost eliminated in the season-opening episode but managed to survive after sisters Misa and Maiya couldn't find the finish line. Married couple Dave and Cherie may work for Ringling Bros., but there's no question who the real clowns are here.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Premiere-1043575.aspx
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
This is a shocker, as this person did do work on TAR 20:

EXCLUSIVE: 'Amazing Race' advance man dies from poisoning in Africa

By Meaghan Murphy

Published February 21, 2012

| FoxNews.com
Tragedy has hit a team in charge of facilitating challenges for “The Amazing Race” and other reality shows on the continent of Africa, a source close to the show tells FoxNews.com.

At least two freelance facilitating producers were poisoned -- one fatally -- after a failed shakedown attempt, the source told FoxNews.com.

FoxNews.com also spoke with a person who identified herself as a family member who said the facilitator who died was Jeff Rice.

The family member said Rice's body was found in Uganda.

Details are sketchy, but the source said that after refusing to give in to the demands of local thugs, two facilitators, who help with the production of various reality shows, ended up very sick with poisoning of some kind.

Rice was not currently working on “The Amazing Race,” but he had worked on Season 20, which premiered on CBS on Sunday. Rice had also worked on Animal Planet's "Whale Wars" and the South African version of "The Biggest Loser," along with several other series and television movies.

A rep for Jerry Bruckheimer Films, the production company behind “The Amazing Race,” said that he had “no knowledge” of the incident.

CBS had no comment.

Facilitators are typically local people hired by production companies to make necessary arrangements with local officials before producers come in to shoot scenes for their shows.

“The Amazing Race” features multiple teams of two competing in a race around the world to win $1,000,000 in prize money. The series became a sensation when it first aired on CBS in September 2001 and continues to be one of the network's highest rated shows.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/21/source-amazing-race-advance-man-dies-after-being-poisoned-in-africa/#ixzz1n3XM6A00

-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2012, 05:06:30 PM »
RIP.  :(

Maybe this means Amazing Race was scouting Uganda as a location?

Since the article specifically says he was NOT working for TAR at the time, doubt it.

But this is very sad news, hope it proves to be wrong.

Adding that there appears to be no doubt.

Jeff was the facilitator for both the Malawi episodes. He leaves behnd a wife and three children, as well as other family.

Our sympathies go out to all of his family and friends, this is very sad new indeed.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:17:44 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »
RIP :(
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2012, 10:46:16 PM »
There's been an updated story from FoxNews.com about the poisoning death of Jeff Rice in Uganda:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/21/exclusive-widow-amazing-race-advance-man-jeff-rice-found-dead-in-uganda-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+foxnews/entertainment+%28Internal+-+Entertainment+-+Mixed%29

EXCLUSIVE: Widow of 'Amazing Race' advance man Jeff Rice, found dead in Uganda, says poisoning suspected

By Meaghan Murphy

Published February 21, 2012

| FoxNews.com

Production facilitator Jeff Rice, who worked for reality shows including the current season of 'The Amazing Race,' was found dead after a suspected poisoning.

Production facilitator Jeff Rice, who worked for reality shows including the current season of 'The Amazing Race,' was found dead in his hotel room in Kampala, Uganda, and his production assistant is clinging for her life after a suspected poisoning, says the man's grieving widow.

"They were not attacked but [evidence] points towards being poisoned," Rice's widow Sally Blackman tells FoxNews.com exclusively. "[A]t this stage it is quite difficult to give you any firm reports as the incident is currently under investigation by the Uganda police."

Related Stories
    EXCLUSIVE: Advance man for 'Amazing Race,' 'Whale Wars' fatally poisoned in Africa

A source close to the show told FoxNews.com the two were allegedly poisoned after a failed shakedown attempt by local thugs. Blackman did not want to make any further assumptions about her husband's death in light of the ongoing investigation.

"I would not like to speculate or even attempt to give my views on this as this may jeopardize the investigation going forward," she said.

Blackman said the condition of the assistant, who she did not name, was critical.

"His production assistant, currently working for Maverick Entertainment, was also discovered in a coma and has been hospitalized in Uganda," she told FoxNews.com. "She has not shown any improvement as [of] yet."

Maverick Entertainment is Rice's production company.

"His dream for Maverick Entertainment was to produce in all areas of Africa," said Blackman of her husband. "He loved the African people and was driven to share in all the various cultures."

Rice and the assistant were not currently working on "The Amazing Race," but he had worked on Season 20, which premiered on CBS on Sunday. Rice had also worked on Animal Planet's "Whale Wars" and the South African version of "The Biggest Loser," along with several other series and television movies.

A rep for Jerry Bruckheimer Films, the production company behind "The Amazing Race," said he had "no knowledge" of the incident when reached earlier on Tuesday.

CBS had no comment.

Facilitators like Rice are typically hired by larger production companies to make necessary arrangements with local officials before producers come in to shoot scenes for their shows.

After hearing the tragic news, friends of Rice took to Twitter to express their grief. SyFy Channel personality Josh Gates said, "Floored by the loss of my dear friend & fellow adventurer, Jeff Rice. You were, quite simply, the real deal. I'll never forget you."

Rex Williams from Syfy's ‘Destination Truth’ tweeted, "Lost my great friend, Jeff Rice. I can't tell you how saddened we are. He was a true adventurer."

Rice was originally from the United States and moved to South Africa in 1999, where he worked to help develop the country’s film industry. That year, he and Blackman founded SB Entertainment, which specializes in "producing and facilitating films, commercials, documentaries, television and still campaigns."

Rice produced under the banners of both SB and Maverick Entertainment.

Rice and Blackman were married in 2001. Along with his widow, Rice leaves behind two young children, ages seven and almost two. Rice had been expected home on February 25th to celebrate his daughter’s second birthday.

"Jeff was a dedicated father who made the most of his time with his family when back home in South Africa," said Blackman. "He has left a huge void, not only in the film industry, but with his family he has left behind. We will miss his smiles and constant humor."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/21/exclusive-widow-amazing-race-advance-man-jeff-rice-found-dead-in-uganda-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+foxnews/entertainment+(Internal+-+Entertainment+-+Mixed)#ixzz1n5CDNDAd

-- theschnauzers

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
TMZ did a small piece yesterday on the "Jersey Boys" at the TAR20 premiere party last Sunday in LA.  They correctly labeled one of "Da Boyz" as "The Solution" and NOT "The Situation".  Oh yeah, Rachel was there too....  :groan:

That's all.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2012, 05:57:01 AM »
Episode Three Title Quote - Bust Me Right In The Head With It

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2012, 12:55:56 AM »
Episode 4 (Turin, Italy): Taste Your Salami

Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:07 AM »
 :ascared  additional info from E! Online regarding TAR incident in Uganda:

"Mysterious Investigation: Police have arrested and detained a suspect they believe
assisted former Amazing Race freelance producer Jeff Rice and production assistant Kathryn
Fuller with buying possibly deadly drugs in critical condition in Kampala City, Uganda."

:duno:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:30 AM »
Episode 4 (Turin, Italy): Taste Your Salami

Local food...might be some quote from outside of the racers...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline TarJunkie999

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
Latest update (3/1/12) from E! Online regarding TAR incident in Uganda (link to article below):

Amazing Race Death Case: Deceased Producer's Assistant Cops to Drugs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
So sad...thanks for the update.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »
Survivor of "Amazing Race" Coke Poisoning Pleads Guilty
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/248572/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
Phil did a TAR interview with KTLA: you can see the whole video here:

http://www.ktla.com/videogallery/68464182/Entertainment/PHIL-KEOGHAN-TALKS-AMAZING-RACE

The Paraguay portion is up in the Ep 3 thread.

Other highlight: In Azerabaijan, there is a man soaking in oil...because that is what they do.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »
via TV Guide:
Sun, Mar 18
8:00 PM Amazing Race 20 New
The race continues in Bavaria, Germany.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »
ya think this time we'll get to see any schnauzers running around in their home area? :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2012, 06:26:29 AM »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:30 AM »
via TV Guide:
Sun, Mar 18
8:00 PM Amazing Race 20 New
The race continues in Bavaria, Germany.
And the title of that leg for Germany is Uglier Than a Mud Rail Fence.

Probably a road block task in a German farm. :hearts:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2012, 06:41:20 AM »
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2012, 06:45:47 AM »

that's Episode 5 ;D

Is it just me, or does this quote scream Vanessa! :lol:
probably Rachel of Team Brenchel will make a quote on that. :lol3:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2012, 06:46:04 AM »
It is a SOUTHERN expression. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule: