Author Topic: TAR 20 Media  (Read 54145 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 20 Media
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2012, 04:58:06 PM »
The Actor's Green Room
THIS JUST in: Isaac Elkiss booked a series of VoiceOver promos for CBS' "Amazing Race". They start running tomorrow night, Wednesday, between 8-11PM EST on CBS. Issac is a regular member of the Monday Night Class. YAY!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »
Unfortunately, the bridge in Peach's link above looks to be Skjomen Bridge in Narvik, Norway (TAR 17)

Here's a blast from the past with some useful screencaps for comparison.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?topic=23501.25

« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:57:44 AM by Dom El »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Nice one Dom!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2012, 08:40:05 PM »
The Actor's Green Room
THIS JUST in: Isaac Elkiss booked a series of VoiceOver promos for CBS' "Amazing Race". They start running tomorrow night, Wednesday, between 8-11PM EST on CBS. Issac is a regular member of the Monday Night Class. YAY!

If anyone spots this, please tell us the time!! We are hoping to snag it!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2012, 02:19:50 PM »
Oh nice paridy!

Also I think the first episode title for the season is "Tears Of A Clown"

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2012, 05:42:21 PM »
Oh nice paridy!

That could be the clown couple's tears of happy or... sad (read: eliminated)... :(
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2012, 03:28:49 AM »
Oh nice paridy!

That could be the clown couple's tears of happy or... sad (read: eliminated)... :(
or probably one of the clown team will make a comment to Rachel's whining.  :lol3:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 09:49:18 PM »
That was not on the CBS site last night when I checked, so it appears we're finally getting episode titles. Good job!
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 10:16:15 PM »
Amazing Race 20 Episode: "Amazing Race 20"
Season 20, Episode 2
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Original Air Date: Feb 26, 2012
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-20-2012/episode-2-season-20/amazing-race-20/339585

Amazing Race 20 Episode: "Amazing Race 20"
Season 20, Episode 3
Episode Synopsis: The race continues in Paraguay. Original Air Date: Mar 4, 2012

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/amazing-race-20-2012/episode-3-season-20/amazing-race-20/339585
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2012, 01:27:23 AM »
UPCOMING GUESTS ON "THE LATE LATE SHOW with CRAIG FERGUSON" ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK, 2/9-2/22

(Monday through Friday, 12:37-1:37 AM, ET/PT,

Following Broadcasts of the "Late Show with David Letterman")

*Monday, Feb. 13         Actress Carol Burnett; host Phil Keoghan from the CBS reality series “The Amazing Race” (n)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
My cable programming guide has an episode description for Episode 2, but all it says, essentially is that the Race continues in Buenos Aires. No episode title as of yet.
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »
Episode Release!!!

http://tvpressfeed.com/2012/02/the-amazing-race-returns-with-a-new-season-on-feb-19/

THE RACERS’ COURAGE IS TESTED DURING THE SEASON’S FIRST ROADBLOCK WHEN THEY FIND THEMSELVES LEAPING FROM A PLANE AT 10,000 FEET ABOVE ARGENTINA, ON THE 20TH SEASON PREMIERE OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” FEB. 19

“Tears of a Clown” (Santa Barbara, Argentina) — As 11 Teams depart Santa Barbara, Calif. for Santa Barbara, Argentina, one team struggles to keep their nerves at bay.  Meanwhile, Teams quickly discover winning $1 million may be tougher than expected when they find themselves skydiving from a plane at 10,000 feet, on the 20th season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2012, 03:20:58 AM »
Episode Two title quote - You Know I'm Not As Smart As You

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2012, 05:09:06 AM »
Episode Two title quote - You Know I'm Not As Smart As You

Woah! You beat me!
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2012, 05:29:17 AM »
Gotta be Rachel. :lol:

Thanks you two!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/arts-entertainment-living/tuned-in-journal/31924-the-amazing-race-is-on-the-run-again

CBS's "The Amazing Race" is back for its 20th run at 8 p.m. Sunday, followed by a new episode of "The Good Wife."

This time around the "Race" features a couple from a past edition of "Big Brother" (Brendon Villegas and Rachel Reilly), two "Jersey Shore" wannabes, male twins and a couple of clowns. (Seriously, they're a husband and wife who work for a circus.)

While "Race" has always been a personal favorite among the network reality competition series, it does feel like it's starting to get a little old at this point.

Read more after the jump. ...

While I'm not as disappointed in "Race" as some critics are, I've mostly just grown bored with the format.

At this point, the series has shown viewers so much of the world that the travelogue aspect is sort of old hat. And inserting characters from other shows (the "Big Brother" contestants this season) or inspired by other shows (the self-proclaimed Guidos, at right) feels like a desperate ratings ploy. That's especially true when Rachel exclaims, "We are not here to make friends. We are gere to win a million dollars." Yawn. We've heard that line a dozen times before from reality competition contestants, why would "Race" editors choose to use that old saw again?

There are some likeable characters in the new season, including two best friends from Kentucky and the twins, pictured at left ("He's like my life partner, but we're not gay," one twins says, prompting guffaws from the other).

Other winning lines from Sunday's premiere:

- Brendon trash talks a team of border patrol agents: "I'm half-Mexican and I hate them for a reason."

- One female contestant exclaims during a skydiving compeition, "My uterus is in my throat!"

- "Bopper," one of the Kentucy competitors, exclaims while making empanadas, "This is the first time I've ever made a pinata!"

It's not like "The Amazing Race" has become a bad show, just sort of ho-hum. The thrill is gone.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 02:42:30 AM »
Sounds like Brenda is already being a douche in episode 1 yay/sarcasm  :groan: I like Rachel, Brenda not so much

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 01:36:04 PM »
Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan: You'd Be Crazy Not to Watch Because of Big Brother Duo

Phil Keoghan is gearing up for a big weekend. On Saturday, his documentary The Ride — in which he biked across the U.S. to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society — premieres on Showtime at 8/7c. On Sunday, The Amazing Race returns for its 20th season (8/7c, CBS). "[The scheduling] was not planned. It just ended up being that way," Keoghan tells TVGuide.com. "The great thing is it's almost three years to the day I started my bike ride and we just hit the $1 million mark. Now the teams are starting their Race for $1 million. One's for charity and one's a race around the world, so it's pretty cool." What was planned though was having Racers start off their globe-trotting adventure on — what else? — bikes, and infusing the season with a wee bit more drama by casting everyone's favorite Big Brother couple they love to hate: Brendon and Rachel. We caught up with Keoghan to get the scoop on Season 20 and why it's not to be missed.

When I saw everyone biking to the Pit Start, I thought, "That's totally Phil's idea." Was it?
Phil Keoghan: [Laughs] I wish! It was pitched to me and I was asked if I liked it. I said, "Well, is the Queen English?" To which they said, "Yes, she is." And I said, "There you go! Of course I'll be open to that." ... Normally I'm on a building, I'm on a cliff, and they're being transported separately and we all meet at the starting line. This is the first time we're all heading to the starting line together. I love it because the Race is starting before it starts and you can see their personalities right away, like Bopper and Mark are weaving all over the place. Dave and Rachel are very steady and are getting frustrated with Bopper and Mark, who kept racing ahead.

Last year was the 10-year anniversary of the show's premiere, but it's Season 20 now — a nice, round and big number. Did you guys design this season with any goals in mind for this milestone?
Keoghan: You're right, even though last year was the official 10-year mark, this season was the pivotal mark for us. I don't think we were particularly looking to do anything special or different because one of the things we're all so proud of is that we've managed to make every season so exciting and so original. A lot of people who work on the show are big fans. When they come in, they bring that enthusiasm that is needed to keep a show like this fresh. We're going to Azerbaijan on the edge of Caspian Sea for the first time and it's a world unlike we've ever seen on the show. To look like a new show is a real testament to the longevity of this particular format and what has held this show in good stead and solid ratings.

You did play a big card, casting Brendon and Rachel, who might be the most divisive team ever.
Keoghan: Yeah, it's been quite controversial. I've had really interesting feedback. There are some fans who really just don't like that they're on. There are Racers right at the beginning who make it clear they don't like it. I don't really know why they think it's not fair. We've had known people on before, including Big Brother people. We don't have rules that say "you can't do this, you can't do that." ... But when you put a team in there who don't get a positive response, it's still a good thing. You want people to get stirred up. You want to have a team that people are going to talk about — and people are talking about them.

But even people who hate them are going to watch.
Keoghan: That's the thing. Do you hate them to a point where you're just not going to watch? Or do you watch because you don't like them? I think it's the latter. People would be crazy not to watch because of them. Trust me, you're gonna want to watch Brendon and Rachel. You will see a dynamic we've never had before. It's wild. Any other time we've cast known people, it's never been like this. We've never had a reaction to a team from other teams like we have — this animosity and tension.

Is there friction between other teams or does it all stem from Brendon and Rachel?
Keoghan: Yes and no. We have some very strong personalities and the strongest personalities are absolutely the women. Rachel's one of them, Vanessa's another, and they all clash. We have a good mix of people. We have some eye candy with the twin brothers. We've got the border patrol agents, who are all business, the federal agents who are women and tough as nails, but are also eye candy. Things just really clicked this season.

Do you watch Big Brother? Were you aware of them?
Kepghan: No. I don't watch a lot of TV. ... I had to literally hunt down clips and discover who they were and why people hate them so much. I saw why when I saw the clips. [Laughs] I realized, "OK! There you go." I think it's important to have an adversary. That's what life is like. There's no point in casting a show where everyone is perfect and no one pisses you off. Every day you're going to get rattled by somebody because they cut in front of you at the grocery store. Brendon and Rachel are, let's be honest, a truly unique relationship. Nobody should judge anybody in any relationship if it works, but it's definitely an out-of-the-ordinary connection. [Laughs] It's not your vanilla ice cream relationship. It's definitely a rocky road chocolate. I'm sure Ben and Jerry's has some crazy flavor that epitomizes what they are.

You still have the Express Pass, but no Hazard. Any new twists we should keep an eye out for?
Keoghan: Just little tweaks here and there. Right out of the gate, you've got teams leaping out of a plane at 14,000 feet sort of under false pretenses. But there's not gonna be a trick every task.

Is there any task we should look forward to or you were particularly fond of?
Keoghan: The stuff in Azerbaijan was really interesting because the culture is so centered around oil. There's a challenge where they have to get involved in oil, quite literally. It's very unique. ... Everywhere we go, we're always looking to tap into something that's ordinary there, but is extraordinary here. That's why we always look fresh. I think it's difficult for a variety type show where people are singing or dancing on a stage setting. I think they have a much tougher time looking fresh. "Let's try red gels instead of blue gels. Let's put balloons out instead of streamers." There are tricks you can do, but it's still less surprising because for the most part, it's still a performer on a stage. I think we're lucky that we're always able to explore and do new things.

Someone in the premiere has some car issues because he doesn't know how to drive stick. Why do people still come on not knowing how to drive stick after all these years?
Keoghan: I was hoping you'd tell me! What's up with that?! You do not get a license until you can drive stick in my opinion. I don't know what he was thinking. One word: moronic. I mean, seriously. We've been on 20 seasons, 10 years, and you come on not knowing how to drive a stick? ... It's like coming on and not knowing you have to fly to another country. It's one of those life skills, like how to swim. So [future] Racers, be warned: Learn to drive stick and learn to swim.

What's the latest on Season 21? Any more Big Brother teams on the docket?
Keoghan: [Laughs] We definitely got plenty of attention from this one. There'll be some other surprises, but I don't think it will be a Big Brother surprise. We are casting right now and scouting locations. Hopefully we'll go to some new places. It's usually logistics that get in the way. I've always wanted to go to Nepal and Bhutan... but it's very challenging to get in and out of there. What's incredible is that we've been on for long, yet we pull out the map and we see all the places that we haven't even touched.

The Amazing Race premieres Sunday at 8/7c on CBS. The Ride premieres Satruday at 8/7c on Showtime.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Race-Premiere-Keoghan-1043504.aspx

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 02:50:43 PM »
Well, thanks to that interview we have semi-official confirmation of TAR 21.  It's a great interview, though.

How often has Phil ever had to research about a team beforehand? That's new. It does sound as if we can rule out Nepal or Bhutan for season 20; but sooner or later they'll hit on a solution too the logistics as I would love to see Mount Everest on the show. Also like the idea of Phil giving his opening spiel on a bike, riding with the Racers to the start line; that should make for an interesting opening.
-- theschnauzers

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 03:11:36 PM »
We've been on 20 seasons, 10 years, and you come on not knowing how to drive a stick? ... It's like coming on and not knowing you have to fly to another country. It's one of those life skills, like how to swim. So [future] Racers, be warned: Learn to drive stick and learn to swim.

THIS  :tup:

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
Phil must have a short memory and he seems to be hyperbolizing again with "We've never had a reaction to a team from other teams like we have — this animosity and tension."

I still remember the reactions that Rob & Amber elicited.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2012, 09:14:46 PM »
Well, thanks to that interview we have semi-official confirmation of TAR 21.  It's a great interview, though.

How often has Phil ever had to research about a team beforehand? That's new. It does sound as if we can rule out Nepal or Bhutan for season 20; but sooner or later they'll hit on a solution too the logistics as I would love to see Mount Everest on the show. Also like the idea of Phil giving his opening spiel on a bike, riding with the Racers to the start line; that should make for an interesting opening.
So could be that either Nepal or Bhutan is the 7th country between Tanzania and Japan legs and a total of 8 countries for season 20?  So it might looks like this:

legs 1 and 2 - Argentina
leg 3 - Paraguay
leg 4 - Germany
leg 5 - Italy
leg 6 - Azerbaijan
legs 7 and 8 - Tanzania
leg 9 - Nepal or Bhutan
legs 10 and 11 - Japan
final leg - Hawaii

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2012, 09:44:43 PM »
No, topaz.... They are very clear that Nepal and Bhutan are NOT used. From the Phil Interviews, I am thinking that Paraguay and Azerbaijan are indeed our only new countries, which also rules out Laos...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2012, 09:46:58 PM »
Phil's cast assessment!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/kcX8F0MOA5E?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/kcX8F0MOA5E?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule: