Author Topic: TAR 20 Media  (Read 54146 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Media
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »
Exactly what i fault it was. It was a girl there i think. Cristina?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 03:01:55 PM »
is team going reavled today
My guess has been possibly this week or maybe next week, but I'd be very surprised if CBS waits that long.
is team going reavled today
My guess has been possibly this week or maybe next week, but I'd be very surprised if CBS waits that long.

CBS does things when they are ready. But I think not this week. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »
First Promo!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8R5WD_Afa18?version=3&amp;amp;hl" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8R5WD_Afa18?version=3&amp;amp;hl</a>

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 09:57:57 PM »
The discussion of the first promo and the starting line location screencaps with teams has been moved over to the location thread!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26412.msg706238.html#msg706238
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 05:33:59 AM »
So, anyone know who that awesome "THIS IS AMAAAAAZZZZIIIINNNGGG!" line is from?
That's Tara sliding down the sand dunes from TAR2, but it's not her yelling.  It's totally throwing me off and bugging me. lol My first thought was Mirna.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 06:01:38 AM »
^I think its from Jennifer (of Nate and Jen)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2012, 09:00:28 AM »
Yes! Its definitely Jennifer!

"Woooooooh! Oh my gosh! This is Amazing! Oh my gosh!... Deeeeetour!"

Sound clip taken from the tandem zipline at Fort Bokar, Croatia (TAR 12, Episode 6) :D
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »
If you pause the promo on YouTube, you'll see that Oswald and Danny are included at one point (think it's from TAR:AS season 11).
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
via this article:

Like a nasty cold sore, Big Brother's Rachel Reilly and Brendon Villegas just keeping coming back.

The oft-reviled reality romancers are competing again on the small screen as teammates on The Amazing Race's 20th season, CBS announced today.

Rachel, last season's Big winner, first met—and hooked up with—fiancé Brendon as houseguests on the claustrophobic series' 12th installment. Their Big Brother showmance continued last summer alongside fellow vets Jordan Lloyd and Jeff Schroeder, who also competed on The Amazing Race (they were the sixth team eliminated on season 15).

Do Brenchel stand a chance against the other 10 Race teams, or are they battling a bunch of clowns?

Robert Voets/CBS
Make that a couple of clowns—two self-proclaimed "ambassadors of laughter" are among the globe-trotters whose stops will include Paraguay, Azerbaijan and Tanzania. In all the racers will visit five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles.

Emmy-winning executive producer Bertram van Munster told us the route "is so off the wall and so crazy that it almost killed us. It's really very original—the whole ensemble, the cast and the route and the challenges are really unique, it's probably one of the best [seasons] we've ever done—and very competitive."

Because they all have the drive to win, van Munster revealed, we won't see season 20's sharing clues, and answers, that all but destroyed the competitive spirit in recent seasons. "These guys are not doing it [sharing information] this season," he assured us. "They get the drift. Sometimes it happens, but at the end of the day they have to all screw each other, if they want the million bucks."
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »
via this article:

Big Brother winner Rachel Reilly may have walked out of the house with the $500,000 check last summer, but does she have what it takes to race around the world for the full million.
Reilly and her Big Brother fiancé, Brendon Villegas, form one of the 11 new teams taking off on the 20th installment of CBS' The Amazing Race (premiering Sunday, February 19 at 8pm/ET). Fresh off of its eighth Outstanding Reality Competition Emmy win, Race will make first-time visits to Paraguay and Azerbaijan this season. The 40,000-mile course will also have contestants skydiving in Argentina and sampling some of Italy's culinary treats.
Check out the complete list of teams below, including married clowns, a pair of federal agents and dating divorcees. Whom will you be rooting for?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
I assume this is a new promo?? I can't see it so I'm not sure  :lol:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2190504319/the-amazing-race-travel-safe

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2012, 05:17:22 PM »
Yep, it is! Thanks Oval! :wohoo:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2012, 05:18:39 PM »
 :wohoo:
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/the-amazing-race-season-20-cast_n_1231000.html

"The Amazing Race" is putting clowns against federal agents for its 20th season. Former "Big Brother" cast members Rachel Reilly, and her fiance Brendon Villegas, will also compete in the race.

This season, the teams will travel across five continents, 22 cities and close to 40,000 miles, visiting Paraguay and Azerbaijan for the first time in the history of CBS's "The Amazing Race."

Challenges on Season 20 include skydiving in Argentina, training with Masai warriors in Tanzani and a race through Africa's "Garden of Eden." The competitors will also face a food challenge in Italy and search King Ludwig's quarters in the German castle that was the inspiration for the castle in "Sleeping Beauty."

The new season of the CBS reality series kicks off Sun., Feb. 19 at 8 p.m. EST. Meet the cast below.

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2012, 09:45:40 PM »
Give me a few minutes. ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »
hy in the second promo i see thaat the teams are going in two diferent way!! somoeone saw it

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2012, 10:21:13 PM »
I just started a new thread for the Pre-Show promos so we can put all the caps there as well!

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26795.new.html#new

Promo 2 is UP!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 07:19:36 PM »
Is this another promo I can't see it in Canada but someone who did says Rachel is crying or is this old stuff

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2191454371/the-amazing-race-amazing-freakouts

Offline bear

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 11:18:40 PM »
Is this another promo I can't see it in Canada but someone who did says Rachel is crying or is this old stuff

http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/video/2191454371/the-amazing-race-amazing-freakouts

New promo but nothing new for him to be verbally abusing her and that's her usual reaction :gaah:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2012, 04:09:37 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2012, 10:55:40 AM »

New promo but nothing new for him to be verbally abusing her and that's her usual reaction :gaah:

It could have been that. I think she says "I'm sorry I can't do things under pressure."

I'm not sure what he's saying. Is that a "shut up" at the end of that?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:37 PM »
TV  Guide:

.Amazing Race 20 Season 20, Episode 1
Feb 19, 2012episode details

The 20th edition of the reality series begins with 11 teams of two meeting in Santa Barbara, Cal., where they receive instructions to fly to Santa Barbara, Argentina, to start their global trek.

???

discuss here please:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26411.msg710063.html#msg710063
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »
Challenges on Season 20 include skydiving in Argentina, training with Masai warriors in Tanzani and a race through Africa's "Garden of Eden." The competitors will also face a food challenge in Italy and search King Ludwig's quarters in the German castle that was the inspiration for the castle in "Sleeping Beauty."

The Garden of Eden thing has to be a reference to the Ngorongoro Crater. Squee!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2012, 04:19:28 PM »
This is interesting....is the picture us? ???

Anton/Bauer Provides Rock-Solid Dependability For “The Amazing Race” As It Treks Across The Globe
PVC News Staff | 02/06
The Amazing Race uses Anton/Bauer to ensure all cameras have enough power to capture every exciting moment the contestants encounter.

Since their first day of production back in 2001, crew members of the hit reality television series “The Amazing Race” have counted on Anton/Bauer® products to power them through even the toughest geographic and weather conditions.

Flash forward to the present, as the show concluded its 20th season, and Anton/Bauer, a brand of The Vitec Group and a premier global provider of batteries, chargers, lighting and other mobile power systems for the professional broadcast, video and film industries, still helps the crew capture each and every adventure—no matter where the show takes them in the world.

The eight-time Emmy Award-winning reality series pits 11 teams, each comprising two members, against each other on a trek around the world for approximately 25 days. At each destination, the teams compete in a series of challenges, some mental and some physical, only learning of their next location when the tasks are completed. The first team to arrive at the final destination wins $1 million.

“The Amazing Race is essentially a constantly moving, live-to-tape game show with no rehearsals or retakes,” explains Jim Ursulak, audio supervisor for the show. “With all the moving parts, there is great potential for things to go horribly wrong very quickly, so we equip ourselves with the most reliable television production equipment available.”

The show’s audio supervisor for 15 of its 20 seasons, Ursulak’s responsibilities include prepping all the camera and sound equipment the program takes on the road, including Anton/Bauer batteries, chargers and on-camera lighting products. Although crew members have tried other on-camera lights in the past, according to Ursulak, the Ultralight 2 (UL2) is the best fit. “Its simple design, rugged construction and dependable operation regardless of weather conditions makes it a winner with us,” he says. The Ultralight System provides creative options and flexibility to achieve the perfect light for any shot quickly and seamlessly. Featuring the integral PowerTap cable, which plugs directly into the PowerTap receptacle on all Gold Mounts®, the Ultralight System shares power with the camera from a single battery. The compact, lightweight UL2 base is the foundation of this quick-change system which provides head modules for tungsten (Ultralight 2), HMI (UltraDAYlight) and LED (ULHM-LED) lighting options.

When it comes to battery power, The Amazing Race uses the Anton/Bauer HyTRON 140 and DIONIC® 90 to ensure all Sony cameras have enough power to capture in real time every exciting moment the contestants encounter. The HyTRON 140 is a high-power NiMH battery system suited to the power demands of today’s high-definition equipment and on-camera lighting systems. In lower power applications, it can provide power for many hours without limits or travel restrictions. The HyTRON 140 also offers an excellent counterbalance to offset the weight of a lens. “We are limited to the number of batteries we take with us on the road by the weight each two-person camera crew can carry on their back. One third of the 100 pounds shared by each 2 person camera crew (the camera and sound person) is related to powering the camera. By careful battery management, and when possible, support from production, the crew is able to arrive at each pit stop with their contestants’ stories captured on tape/disc,” says Ursulak.

The DIONIC 90 was designed by Anton/Bauer to deliver consistently reliable performance even in the most challenging shooting environments on Earth. It offers a RealTime® display that continually updates the operator on how much run time remains and on the state of the current charge. Weighing only 1.7 pounds, the DIONIC 90 can be transported without restriction under the IATA and DOT safety regulations (http://www.antonbauer.com/Support/TransportationInformation). The 91-WH battery can handle a maximum load of six amps, and offers run-times ranging from six hours at 15 watts to 1.75 hours at 50 watts.

To ensure all batteries are ready for superior performance, no matter where filming takes the crew, Anton/Bauer’s T2, Dual 2722, and QUAD 2702 chargers have always performed very well for the team. “Our latest find, however, introduced to us by Anton/Bauer’s [Vice President of Sales, The Americas] Paul Dudeck, is the Tandem 70,” says Ursulak. “Its compact size, quick charging rate, reliability and silent operation has made it our camera crew’s favorite charger. They can be packed away in different backpacks and accessed easily when needed, including when we need to charge them on the go on trains and even on some planes. Because of their reliability, convenient portability and silent operation, I cannot imagine us doing another season without them.”

Whether the production team is prepping in the United States or halfway around the world, Ursulak says that Anton/Bauer’s Customer Support team is always with them to provide custom solutions. “The Amazing Race uses Anton/Bauer products because it requires proven dependability and worldwide acceptance of the television production equipment it uses as it moves around the world. Also, Anton/Bauer has clearly demonstrated to us their genuine interest and high level of commitment to the needs of their equipment users.”

About Anton/Bauer
Anton/Bauer is recognized as the world’s innovator and premier provider of batteries, chargers, lighting and other key mobile power systems for the professional broadcast, video and film industries.  Based in the United States in Shelton, CT with offices in Europe and Asia, Anton/Bauer was established in 1970 and has expanded its product offerings to include many signature lines such as its leading Gold Mount® system, InterActive® chargers and Logic Series® batteries such as the HyTRON® 50, 100 and 140, and DIONIC® 90, 160, HC and HCX. Their products are compatible with virtually every camera brand on the market today.  Other Anton/Bauer high performance products include the Ultralight®, ElipZ®, ElightZ®, CINE VCLX and CINE VCLX/2.  Their superior-quality products have become an industry standard. For more information on Anton/Bauer, visit http://www.antonbauer.com.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/news/story/anton_bauer_provides_rock-solid_dependability_for_the_amazing_race_as_it_tr/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:29:11 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »
Ooh that one's gonna be fun to hunt down..