Author Topic: TAR 20 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 76321 times)

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
Re: TAR 20 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »
We know exactly where the first legs were, and it was not Colombia. It goes downhill from there.

The Amazing Race teams have started their first leg in Colombia which is one of the countries visited for the first time.Also visited for the first time are Burma, Yemen, Andorra, and Suriname. Also visited this season are Australia, Cambodia, Macau, U.A.E, Tanzania, Belgium, The Netherlands, Norway, and Argentina. That means for the first time ever in Amazing Race history, no countries have 2 legs to visit, in other words, each country gets visited one leg, and the next leg, teams go to another country

So this is not true at all?  Italy is not mentioned either.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2012, 05:05:59 PM »
of course not.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2012, 05:17:51 PM »
We know exactly where the first legs were, and it was not Colombia. It goes downhill from there.

The Amazing Race teams have started their first leg in Colombia which is one of the countries visited for the first time.Also visited for the first time are Burma, Yemen, Andorra, and Suriname. Also visited this season are Australia, Cambodia, Macau, U.A.E, Tanzania, Belgium, The Netherlands, Norway, and Argentina. That means for the first time ever in Amazing Race history, no countries have 2 legs to visit, in other words, each country gets visited one leg, and the next leg, teams go to another country

If those are confirm routes, then the sightings on Sydney the other day before Japan and Qatar and probably one of the source mistakenly type Cambodia with Mongolia..!!  :duno:

Just my 2 cents..  :lol:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »
Those are in NO way confirmed routes, and the sightings in Sydney were for another TAR franchise.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2012, 03:11:05 AM »
Wait, but now they already changed it to Germany, Italy, Paraguay, Azerbaijan and Argentina :duno: :duno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_20
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:14:30 AM by Theodorus »
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2012, 03:19:01 AM »
I am the captain obvious :-[
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

paldog123456

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
Not sure how much info this gives, but I found this:

http://www.news.az/articles/53818/print

It talks about the Baku leg! It might actually say which teams were in Baku, but it might just be saying who was in the race from the start.

paldog123456

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
Not sure how much info this gives, but I found this:

http://www.news.az/articles/53818/print

It talks about the Baku leg! It might actually say which teams were in Baku, but it might just be saying who was in the race from the start.

If that article is right, Baku is Episode 6. Given we know we've got three in South America, two in Europe, and one in Africa before then (Salta/BA/Asuncion, Neuschwanstein/Torino, Ngorongoro), it looks like we're getting a double episode somewhere.

paldog123456

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2012, 09:10:00 PM »
http://www.news.az/articles/culture/53818

Here is a better link to the article. Looks more official. :lol:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb89-UuynrY

Good catch! However, I think that was from Docol, our agent in Asuncion, so we were already aware of it. I believe it was some of the production team leaving to get an early jump on the next leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2012, 10:06:23 PM »
Y'all are ahead of me!

Whole article:

News.Az

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World famous reality show shot in Baku
Wed 01 February 2012 | 07:26 GMT

The Amazing Race reality show has been shot at the streets of the capital city of Azerbaijan.

Unusual things took place in the Azerbaijani capital city in December 2011-the capital city residents  were looking with surprise at odd foreigners who were rushing somewhere as if someone is running after them.

The racing was in fact unusual. The clarity to the issue was brought by the news service of CineX film company which said that at that very period the world famous reality show The Amazing Race was shot under support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Baku, while the foreigners were not simple tourists but participants of this television show. Among  participants there were twin brothers, 2 clowns and  even 2 intelligence agents.

The Amazing race is one of the best, complex and large scale television reality shows. It is also recognized as the most interesting and impressive. The fact is proven by awarding Emmy premium in the nomination ‘Best reality-show’ to the project. The show shot in Baku can be nominated for Emmy next time.

The unusual show involves 11 teams of two people linked to each other with different kinship, friendly or professional ties (brothers, sisters, spouses, friends and so on) have been travelling in different cities of the world within 22 days, overcoming all obstacles in a hope to get to the final and win a million of dollars.

According to the news service for CineX, the details of the reality show are not made public and by conditions of the project the information about it is still strictly confidential. As is known, the reason will start on CBS channel on 19 February and the series in Baku will be broadcast on 25 March.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2012, 10:07:47 PM »
Baku has been confirmed as airing March 25 from another source as well, so believe this info to be accurate.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2012, 01:32:04 AM »
Baku has been confirmed as airing March 25 from another source as well, so believe this info to be accurate.

That would indeed put it as being Leg 6, unless I've been living under a rock and the first episode is two legs.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2012, 01:33:11 AM »

That would indeed put it as being Leg 6, unless I've been living under a rock and the first episode is two legs.

So 7 and 8 would be Tanzania...?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »
No proof of that .... but makes sense?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2012, 06:18:35 AM »

So 7 and 8 would be Tanzania...?
and then leg 9 is an unknown country before heading towards to Japan and Hawaii for legs 10-12?  Then its 8 countries in total, and which country is the 7th one?  Let's make a guess, I hope it's gonna be on my country, the Philippines. :umn:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2012, 12:15:52 PM »
It was speculated to be Laos :lol: THIS is unproven though.

Well,it can be Laos,Cambodia,Qatar,China,Mongolia... :duno: :duno: :duno:

Right?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2012, 12:33:35 PM »

Right?

All the other versions of TAR have been in Australia lately, so I'll throw that out for speculation.  :spitcoffee:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2012, 12:43:47 PM »

Right?

Anything can be spec'd. :res:

Laos, however, is out there because that was the unused leg in TAR 19 and it is possible it was re-used.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »
Okay, all good!

But let's try to get back to leave this thread for real spoilers and keep spec over there? Thanks everyone!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2012, 09:20:06 PM »
Phil gives an interview here:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6750647

according to the above source,

this is what I've got from getting soaked in oil, in Azerbaijan,

There's an 'Oil Therapy Clinic'

http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/travel/unrefined-therapy-in-azerbaijan

Unrefined therapy in Azerbaijan           

Bathing in crude oil is reputed to soothe the skin and boost energy levels. But, as Luke Jerod Kummer discovers at Naftalan in Azerbaijan, the process of immersion is a far cry from the luxurious spa pampering that most of us enjoy "Why you come sanatoria?" the voice at the end of the phone asks. "Oil," I answer. I'm seated in the doctor's office at the Naftalan Sanatorium, near the battle-scarred territory of Nagorno-Karbakh in Azerbaijan. The health centre is famous for its crude oil baths, which are believed to have medicinal properties and be good for treating skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, easing joint pains; and generally calming the nerves. But as no one here speaks English, I'm none the wiser as to what the basis for these health claims might be. Rather, I'm talking to a stranger down a telephone line as banter ensues between my taxi driver, Emar, the "doctor", receptionist and nurses. People once flocked from all over the USSR to health centres in the small town of Naftalan to spend days soaking in the dark, heavy type of crude that's found in this area but is too expensive to refine. Today, western tourists like me are still an oddity.

http://www.odditycentral.com/pics/azerbaijan-clinic-uses-crude-oil-baths-as-spa-treatments.html

TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2012, 05:23:59 AM »
Where does Uganda fits into all this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105055/Katheryn-Fuller-Assistant-Amazing-Race-TV-producer-dead-hotel-held-Uganda-face-drugs-charges.html#ixzz1nM8FX1PQ

They were not working on the show at the time of their collapse but they had helped with the current season, which hit screens on Sunday
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:27:52 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2012, 07:00:30 AM »
Uganda has no relationship to AR20. The advance-man who died apparently returned to his work headquarters in Uganda after finishing work for AR20 in Tanzania. He was confronted in Uganda.