Author Topic: TAR 20 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**  (Read 76588 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 Locations/Destinations **Spoilers**
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:27 AM »
CBS announced today the 11 teams that will embark on a global adventure for the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

THE AMAZING RACE has won the Emmy award for “Outstanding Reality-Competition Program” eight times in the past nine years. 

This season, which marks the 20th sprint around the globe for the series, will make first time visits to Paraguay, Azerbaijan and other exotic locations.  Along the way, Teams will travel through five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles.

This season’s Racers will endure one of the most competitive courses ever, as they find themselves skydiving in Argentina, training with the Masai warriors in Tanzania, racing through Africa’s “Garden of Eden,” putting their taste buds to the test with one of Italy’s most popular cuisines and searching for King Ludwig’s quarters in the German castle that served as the inspiration for the castle in “Sleeping Beauty.”

This season’s cast includes a pair of border patrol agents, twins, dating divorcees, last year’s winner of BIG BROTHER, Rachel Reilly, and her fiancé and fellow Houseguest, Brendon Villegas.

(Africa's garden of Eden is probably Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »
Oh my gosh I am going to cry!! OUR LOST TANZANIAN LEG!!!!

:hearts:  :hearts:  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2012, 09:17:28 AM »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
Garden of Eden? - Gabon!!!?

Neuschwanstein Castle - for the inspiration? This was the pitstop in TAR3

The Garden of Eden might also be a reference to the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania <333
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
I am gonna go insane if they are going to Azerbaijan and they are still going to make me wait for my Armenia... :gaah:

But the rest seems great!!! :hearts:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:49:12 AM by racer »
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
I agree with Prophet that the Garden of Eden reference is probably in Tanzania's Ngorgoro Crater with its profusion of fauna. However, there is an alternate view:

Some people believe that the biblical Garden of Eden (as opposed to the allegorical one) was somewhere in Northeast Africa. Evidence given in support of this includes the fact that the oldest human remains have been found in Africa, and that the Gihon is usually thought to be a name for the Nile. They nominate Sudan as the country where it was.

I totally missed it, but "Survivor" took place in Gabon for its 2008 Season. At that time and even years earlier, CBS tagged that country as "the Garden of Eden."

So pay your money and take your choice for "The Garden of Eden." The most logical choice is Ngorogoro Crater because teams are definitely going to Tanzania.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2012, 10:58:32 AM »
I agree with Prophet that the Garden of Eden reference is probably in Tanzania's Ngorgoro Crater with its profusion of fauna. However, there is an alternate view:

Oh my gosh i am not porphet. :barf :barf
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2012, 11:02:34 AM »
CBS announced today the 11 teams that will embark on a global adventure for the new season of THE AMAZING RACE, premiering Sunday, Feb. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Emmy Award nominee Phil Keoghan is the host.

THE AMAZING RACE has won the Emmy award for “Outstanding Reality-Competition Program” eight times in the past nine years. 

This season, which marks the 20th sprint around the globe for the series, will make first time visits to Paraguay, Azerbaijan and other exotic locations.  Along the way, Teams will travel through five continents, 22 cities and nearly 40,000 miles.

This season’s Racers will endure one of the most competitive courses ever, as they find themselves skydiving in Argentina, training with the Masai warriors in Tanzania, racing through Africa’s “Garden of Eden,” putting their taste buds to the test with one of Italy’s most popular cuisines and searching for King Ludwig’s quarters in the German castle that served as the inspiration for the castle in “Sleeping Beauty.”

This season’s cast includes a pair of border patrol agents, twins, dating divorcees, last year’s winner of BIG BROTHER, Rachel Reilly, and her fiancé and fellow Houseguest, Brendon Villegas.

(Africa's garden of Eden is probably Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania)

guys do remeember season 3 think bac that casttle there talk about is the pit stop form season 3

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2012, 11:33:33 AM »

Oh my gosh i am not porphet. :barf :barf

@Cocoa it was actually Prophet who first suggested it.

:lol: I know. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2012, 11:39:10 AM »
:lol: :lol:

apskip <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 11:52:06 AM »
Enough.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »
For the record, IIRC, Survivor referred to Gabon as "The Last Eden," not the "Garden of Eden;" so I think they're not referring to Gabon.

And it would not surprise me at all if they're recycling the unused locations from TAR:AS in Tanzania.
-- theschnauzers

Offline PurpleBlue

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
21-22seconds into the video, the pole vaulting challenge looks indentical to the one in The Amazing Race Season 12, the location is indentical too, a muddy like bog/river thing.

I remember it being memorable as the two elder guys in Season 12 did the challenge quite memorably.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
:welcome: to RFF PurpleBlue!!

That IS the challenge from Season 12, they only gave us a few screenshots of the start line in this vid. But wonderful to see all of our old friends!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline balfour

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 11:26:21 PM »
Tanzania! And Training with the Masai! Sounds just like Season 11 all stars!

Better watch for some Airport Drama like Team Guido and Eric and Danielle had -- falling a day behind!  :lol3:

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2012, 11:41:15 PM »
I just randomly wasting my time on looking at many photographs occurred between 5 DES - 19 DES 2011 in Azerbaijan, Tanzania and Gabon... just hoping that could accidentally found one or two sightings..  :lol:

having said that,
I saw about 10-15 photos that happen to be the rat and the trainer thingy in Tanzania, like a previous season's task (forgot exactly, i think S16?  :duno: )

and having a "window-tour" of how wonderful is the "garden of eden" was... and it is incredibly beautiful...lots of animals (maybe photo-taking detour task or something), the view... it's just more than HD Quality...

and speaking about Masai warriors... I suddenly remember the Masai Couple in the TAR- China Rush Season 1, and the book that Peach have shared to us a while ago about Masai Cross Country Foundation....
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »
Zouly,

I think you may have mixed up the location (which was neither Tanzania nor AR16. The rat task to find mines was from AR11 All-Stars in the hinterlands of Mozambique.

Offline bobnlori

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2012, 01:21:58 PM »
I cannot wait, it makes my Sundays that much more interesting as I am working as the show airs, so I have it on but the tv is on the other wall. I just hope the teams live up to the hype. :conf:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »
:bigwelcome to RFF, bobnlori! We also have a viewing party here on RFF every week! :hearts:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
I think if it was Gabon, the articles we've been seeing would've mentioned it as a new country alongside Azerbaijan and Paraguay.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »
Found this on wikipedia, don't know if it is true though since anyone can edit things on wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amazing_Race_20
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:31:02 PM by Oddarane »
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
Found this on wikipedia, don't know if it is true though since anyone can edit things on wiki.

It looks like an unfinished work... or maybe someone messes it up...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2012, 04:40:38 PM »

Not true in the slightest. Someone's just having some 'fun'.

Offline Oddarane

• RFF Full Member
  • Scandinavian Minister for the Amazing Race
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »

Not true in the slightest. Someone's just having some 'fun'.

That's what I thought too.
\\\\\\\"The world is waiting for you. Good luck - travel safe - GO! - Phil Keoghan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »
We know exactly where the first legs were, and it was not Colombia. It goes downhill from there.

The Amazing Race teams have started their first leg in Colombia which is one of the countries visited for the first time.Also visited for the first time are Burma, Yemen, Andorra, and Suriname. Also visited this season are Australia, Cambodia, Macau, U.A.E, Tanzania, Belgium, The Netherlands, Norway, and Argentina. That means for the first time ever in Amazing Race history, no countries have 2 legs to visit, in other words, each country gets visited one leg, and the next leg, teams go to another country
RFF's Golden Rule: