Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373145 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #950 on: April 23, 2012, 03:41:03 PM »
Well, the final elimination won't be aired until the 6th as part of the finale, but it could also mean the segment is going to be pre-taped for The View on the 5th.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TAR Fanatic

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #951 on: April 23, 2012, 03:53:17 PM »
I heard this also last night and deliberately didn't post it because Bopper immediately regretted letting the cat out of the bag. CBS had told him not to announce this. Mark got upset and called in to shush Bopper. The date being given here is incorrect. I think the mods should remove that post and all others on the topic because I don't want to see Bopper getting in trouble.

Drawing the conclusion that this appearance means they're eliminated next is a big stretch also because they could just as easily be promoting the show. Marcus and Amani were on The Talk before they were eliminated. Bopper and Mark are popular just like Marcus and Amani were, so I'm not surprised that they were asked to be on The Talk.
Doing my part to preserve a fragile existence

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #952 on: April 23, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
I heard this also last night and deliberately didn't post it because Bopper immediately regretted letting the cat out of the bag. CBS had told him not to announce this. Mark got upset and called in to shush Bopper. The date being given here is incorrect. I think the mods should remove that post and all others on the topic because I don't want to see Bopper getting in trouble.

Drawing the conclusion that this appearance means they're eliminated next is a big stretch also because they could just as easily be promoting the show. Marcus and Amani were on The Talk before they were eliminated. Bopper and Mark are popular just like Marcus and Amani were, so I'm not surprised that they were asked to be on The Talk.

Which elimination?  Marcus and Amani reach the F3 last season. 
Unless you were saying that they appeared on The Talk before they finished in 3rd. place in the final of TAR19. :tup:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:12:26 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

paldog123456

« Reply #953 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
Also, Andy and Tommy appeared on The Talk in the middle of season 19, WAY before their elimination.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #954 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
Why would any logical person (Prophet as a thinking person is excepted here) not assume that Mark and Bopper are about to be eliminated, starting at least one hour behind on a linear leg where there is unlikely to be any bunching and also having a SpeedBump to slow them down?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #955 on: April 23, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »
apskip, I think that many people are assuming that Mark and Bopper will take the head shaving fast forward since it is unlikely that any other team will and they will feel that they need to in order to survive. This is very possible and I also tend to think that there could be a bunching point in order to give each team a chance to go for the fast forward and avoid a predictable leg like episode 7.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #956 on: April 23, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »
Why would any logical person (Prophet as a thinking person is excepted here) not assume that Mark and Bopper are about to be eliminated, starting at least one hour behind on a linear leg where there is unlikely to be any bunching and also having a SpeedBump to slow them down?

I think, the same as you, that the "time" factor is the most important in the next leg of the race. 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #957 on: April 23, 2012, 06:15:56 PM »
I agree, Andy and Tommy, and Marcus and Amani were all on THe Talk well BEFORE their eliminations/final 3 finish, so wouldn't worry too much about this except as a way of confirming that this is one popular team!

There may be a FF, and the other team at risk may have a medical emergency. Anything remains a possibility!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #958 on: April 23, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »
And it is important to emphasize the hair clippers in the preview may not be part of a fast forward even though the task's past history would suggest that it is. It is possible that it is a detour of some sort, and we won't know for sure without more information.
-- theschnauzers

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #959 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:10 PM »
If it WAS Brenchel who did the FF, wouldn't it have been noticeable in her recent pics(I believe there was a pic of them when they returned from TAR?)

YES! and i cant seem to find the picture.  a fan had their picture taken with the two of them at charlotte airport here in nc where i live...rachel's family is also from here.

btw rachel had hair in that picture. 

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #960 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:15 PM »
I have a feeling Mark and Bopper are way, way, behind. So far behind in fact, that if they do get to go for the Fast Forward (assuming there is one), it might not be enough. And it is possible that the Fast Forward won't be available for them until after the Speed Bump. Dave and Rachel not only finished the roadblock ahead of the other teams, they finished the detour ahead of the other teams, and I suspect before any of the other teams reached the detour.
While we can't conclude logically that Mark and Bopper are eliminated this leg based on what we've seen so far from CBS, I seriously doubt they'll win the leg. There's also a suspicion in my mind that we may see a team fall seriously behind on the leg in Japan, and I'm wondering if this may possibly explain the two-hour finale, rather than two separate episodes. It hasn't happened in a long time for a fourth place team, but the way this season keeps giving us callbacks to earlier seasons, it wouldn't surprise me at this point.
-- theschnauzers

paldog123456

« Reply #961 on: April 23, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
I have a feeling Mark and Bopper are way, way, behind. So far behind in fact, that if they do get to go for the Fast Forward (assuming there is one), it might not be enough. And it is possible that the Fast Forward won't be available for them until after the Speed Bump. Dave and Rachel not only finished the roadblock ahead of the other teams, they finished the detour ahead of the other teams, and I suspect before any of the other teams reached the detour.
While we can't conclude logically that Mark and Bopper are eliminated this leg based on what we've seen so far from CBS, I seriously doubt they'll win the leg. There's also a suspicion in my mind that we may see a team fall seriously behind on the leg in Japan, and I'm wondering if this may possibly explain the two-hour finale, rather than two separate episodes. It hasn't happened in a long time for a fourth place team, but the way this season keeps giving us callbacks to earlier seasons, it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

I agree. Not that I am saying they will be eliminated, I still think, even if they win the FF, they won't get first. Like Dennis and Andrew in TAR 3, who won the FF but were so far behind they were eliminated.

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #962 on: April 23, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »

Unfinished Business had it this way with the Brazil and Keys legs, I think it's just because of the schedule, with the awards taking one week.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #963 on: April 23, 2012, 11:52:13 PM »

Are you saying the same way than Joe and Bill in TAR1? Or similar to Nick and Vicki in TAR17 with the 6 hours penalty after they didn't complete the Detour in the Hong Kong leg?

NoluckBoston

« Reply #964 on: April 25, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »
I wonder if the Producers created this Fast Forward on the fly. I am thinking Mark and Bopper are many hours behind everyone else.  Production might be thinking that Rachel and Vanessa won't want to shave their heads. This would leave Mark and Bopper, the last team who is eligible, to take the FF.

By creating this FF  production can do a few things.
Mark and Bopper could finish closer to the pack, either staying in the race or just shy of it. That would keep production close together. Perhaps even save on costs. Production would not be lingering around for hours at detours and road blocks for them. This might help with keeping the pace of production.
Or If one of the ladies do decide to shave their head, it would make for awesome television.

Could be a win/ win for everyone.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #965 on: April 25, 2012, 05:24:48 PM »
I don't know if production would make up a task that's not in The Book. :lol:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #966 on: April 25, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
Here is a quote from theschnauzers about how production cannot manipulate the game.

Just a quick comment in all of the speculation.  Tasks are not changed at the last moment to favor teams; the elimination points are not changed, i.e., a non-elimination leg remains a non-elimination leg. I don't know if it is still being done, but in the early seasons, it was mentioned that production actually prepared a sworn affidavit, prior to the start of filming,of the tasks that would be used and at what point so as to avoid claims that tasks were changed on the spot to favor any team.
The affidavit, as I understood what was mentioned at the time, also included the backup tasks or legs in case of problems at any point in the race. There's absolutely no way a last minute change in location or tasks can be made without some advance preparation (local production crew and extras) so it can be executed and keep filming on track.
It irritates me to no end when there's a suggestion such as changing a task or an elimination point to favor keeping a particular team in the race. Among other things, since TAR is legally considered under US law to be a game show, it is required to comply with federal law that prohibits manipulation of the game elements to favor or not favor particular teams.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #967 on: April 25, 2012, 06:45:36 PM »
Yeah, it's all in The Book :lol: :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #968 on: April 25, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #969 on: April 27, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »
I'd read an info on wikipedia that there are 10 countries that will visit on TAR 20, Japan is the 10th one and so which Asian country will be the 9th one?  Could be in Thailand or China, again?! :groan:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #970 on: April 27, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
I'd read an info on wikipedia that there are 10 countries that will visit on TAR 20, Japan is the 10th one and so which Asian country will be the 9th one?  Could be in Thailand or China, again?! :groan:

How does the wikipedia user that added this know that again? There is no time for more countries because there are only two more weeks of broadcast.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #971 on: April 27, 2012, 06:42:47 AM »

How does the wikipedia user that added this know that again? There is no time for more countries because there are only two more weeks of broadcast.

These are the 10 countries that this race went to (not including transport stopovers)

1. United States
2. Argentina
3. Paraguay
4. Italy
5. Austria (teams picked up their cars in Austria and drove to Germany)
6. Germany
7. Azerbaijan
8. Tanzania
9. India
10. Japan

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #972 on: April 29, 2012, 04:13:24 PM »
The possibility exists that Osaka is a TBC "keep on racing" leg. Or else they have the shortest PitStop ever. :lol: (Which could be, I think last season's was < 8 hours.)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26553.msg747166.html#msg747166
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #973 on: April 29, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »
The possibility exists that Osaka is a TBC "keep on racing" leg. Or else they have the shortest PitStop ever. :lol: (Which could be, I think last season's was < 8 hours.)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26553.msg747166.html#msg747166
It's 7 hours for Moscow II in AR13 before flying out to Portland.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #974 on: April 30, 2012, 01:27:03 AM »
Is there any idea on what a final memory task could be(if there is one?)

I was thinking either
A) Clue boxes(it would have made TAR19 Better)
B) Food (Empanadas, Water, Watermelon, Salami, gingerbread, apples, ? , honey?, sushi etc)