Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373184 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #925 on: April 21, 2012, 11:07:55 AM »
Maybe it Vanessa and Ralph go for the FW and arrive there and decide not do it and get potentially eliminated? This holds out hope for Mark and Bopper!  :yess:

Like Brandon & Nicole in leg 9 of TAR5, only that it was a NEL leg. ;)
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #926 on: April 21, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »
If there is a FF in the penultimate leg it sure does reinforce the idea that they are trying to make this season like the older ones. If Mopper is still around in that episode then they would certainly take the FF as they would be desperate. Also they are the most likely choice because Rachel or Vanessa are not about to shave their heads :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline boston_jen

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #927 on: April 21, 2012, 01:16:37 PM »
I cannot get the right angle to be sure ( :gaah: ), but I think it might be the cliffs at Kualoa Ranch, which was used for Jurassic Park, Lost, etc. 

http://www.kualoa.com/about/

I looked more closely at the area, and pinpointed the location of the intro cap shot as Kahana Bay, which is on the windward/eastern side of Oahu. Kualoa Ranch is on the other side of the ridge, just to the south.

Kualoa Ranch is a private 4,000 acre property, totally stunning to look at, and historically significant to the Hawaiian people, so certainly another candidate for a finale location. 

Offline cattychic

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #928 on: April 21, 2012, 02:47:24 PM »
It could be Bopper that say's the title quote too , I could totally see him saying something like that.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #929 on: April 21, 2012, 03:10:15 PM »
If there is a FF in the penultimate leg it sure does reinforce the idea that they are trying to make this season like the older ones. If Mopper is still around in that episode then they would certainly take the FF as they would be desperate. Also they are the most likely choice because Rachel or Vanessa are not about to shave their heads :lol:

However, Vanessa and Ralph can count and realize that they had to go for it if they believed the F3 teams (which would not be know) to be stronger. I have this major problems with your logic:

1. There are 2 India legs coming up and only one can potentially be a NEL, meaning that one of Vanessa/Ralph and Mark/Bopper has to be eliminated before the penultimate leg in Japan (where the other one will be eliminated).

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #930 on: April 21, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »
Because the stated location in the episode titles are the same, I am considering that leg 9 may be the last NEL, or a no-length pitstop leg; and that might be consistent with hiking up the level of difficulty for the two India legs,
I'm going to stay out of the grapevine source discussion, but I will point out that frewuently, the best performing team in average placement has more often lost on the final leg than won. (Take a look at the first post in the ranking the teams thread.)
Personaly, notwithstanding their good deed in an early leg for Mark and Bopper, I would not be happy with an Art-JJ win, their attitude as reflected in the editing of recent legs has off-putted me. At this point I'd be quite content with either Rachel team winning (and probably Dave-Rachel, depending on how Rachel Reilly behaves in these last four legs.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline dpe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #931 on: April 21, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »

the blonde Rachel had as much hair in January as she did while running the race. no chance she shaved her head.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #932 on: April 21, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »

the blonde Rachel had as much hair in January as she did while running the race. no chance she shaved her head.

They can't do another FF

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #933 on: April 21, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »

However, Vanessa and Ralph can count and realize that they had to go for it if they believed the F3 teams (which would not be know) to be stronger. I have this major problems with your logic:

1. There are 2 India legs coming up and only one can potentially be a NEL, meaning that one of Vanessa/Ralph and Mark/Bopper has to be eliminated before the penultimate leg in Japan (where the other one will be eliminated).

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make but in this scenario, Mark and Bopper have survived because of a KRL. A KRL is likely in episode 9 because both episodes are identified as taking place in Kochi and we know that the leg 10 roadblock is very near the area of leg 9.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #934 on: April 21, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »
Prophet,

Are you sure you understand the meaning of the word "penultimate?" By definition, neither legs 9 or 10 can be penultimate. Only the 11th leg of a 12 leg race is penultimate and that is the Japan leg.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #935 on: April 22, 2012, 08:22:11 AM »
I have never enjoyed the shave your head FF. I feel it favors men over women. Additionally, in BB12, there was a sacrifice POV competition, when one person could choose to do something with their hair (men had to choose to shave their head or women to dye their hair pink). (Brendon chose to shave his head) I think it is more fair than having women shave their hair for an advantage.

Offline HoroscopeCloud

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #936 on: April 22, 2012, 08:40:50 AM »
This picture is taken 13 minutes after the one with the mystery team: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78286753@N00/6540491345/

All of the other Brenchel pics are taken later than that.

If the time stamps on the photos are correct it means the mystery team (Dave and Rachel) reached the roof first followed by Brenchel with Art and JJ in third.  It also means Brenchel spent almost 50 minutes on the roof.  Long prep times or rooftop challenge?

That may or may not be true. From the  the photos we know the following:

1) The timestamps on photos of mystery team (Dave & Rachel?) gives us the best evidence that they were the first to start ascending the cables.

2) Mystery team had one member severely lagging the lead member on the ascent (having covered less than half the distance up the building while the lead member was almost at the top).

3) In the same set of photos, team Brenchel was seen almost at the top of the building just 16 minutes later.

4) Team Brenchel was the only team that the same photographer captured descending the building.

Based on point #2 above, plus point # 3... fact that team Brenchel both were at the top just 16 minutes after the lagging partner of mystery team still had more than half way to go, when combined with point #4, I think it's likely that team Brenchel overtook mystery team on the way up the building and was the first team to both reach the top , and therefore the first team to start descending.

The only thing that doesn't compute in this scenario is that the timestamps of team Brenchel descending are 50 minutes after they were almost at the top while ascending. Why the almost one hour delay between the near end of the ascension and the beginning of the descension?  But on the other hand, why no pictures of the mystery team descending if they were the first team to do so?

I wonder if the photographer could give us more details. I noticed that on the photographer's flicker account page there is button to "send flickrmail" to him. Does anyone here who has a flickr account want to try to "flickrmail" him to see if he can provide more details of what he saw that day?
Brenchel overtaking Dave/Rachel would be awesome! I really hope you're right!It seems possible to me.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #937 on: April 22, 2012, 09:57:06 AM »
I hope that this head shaving Fast Forward turns out to be true, not necessarily because I love head-shaving FFs (I do like them :lol: ) but because having three FFs on a single race would be a dream come true!!! :)

If the head-shaving FF turns out to be true, then I speculate that someone (Ranessa or Brenchel) goes there and doesn't use it, like Brandon & Nicole from TAR5. Complete speculation, of course, but I just wanted to throw it out there! :lol:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #938 on: April 22, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
I agree! I think 3 FF would be amazing! :hearts:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #939 on: April 22, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
This picture is taken 13 minutes after the one with the mystery team: http://www.flickr.com/photos/78286753@N00/6540491345/

All of the other Brenchel pics are taken later than that.

If the time stamps on the photos are correct it means the mystery team (Dave and Rachel) reached the roof first followed by Brenchel with Art and JJ in third.  It also means Brenchel spent almost 50 minutes on the roof.  Long prep times or rooftop challenge?

That may or may not be true. From the  the photos we know the following:

1) The timestamps on photos of mystery team (Dave & Rachel?) gives us the best evidence that they were the first to start ascending the cables.

2) Mystery team had one member severely lagging the lead member on the ascent (having covered less than half the distance up the building while the lead member was almost at the top).

3) In the same set of photos, team Brenchel was seen almost at the top of the building just 16 minutes later.

4) Team Brenchel was the only team that the same photographer captured descending the building.

Based on point #2 above, plus point # 3... fact that team Brenchel both were at the top just 16 minutes after the lagging partner of mystery team still had more than half way to go, when combined with point #4, I think it's likely that team Brenchel overtook mystery team on the way up the building and was the first team to both reach the top , and therefore the first team to start descending.

The only thing that doesn't compute in this scenario is that the timestamps of team Brenchel descending are 50 minutes after they were almost at the top while ascending. Why the almost one hour delay between the near end of the ascension and the beginning of the descension?  But on the other hand, why no pictures of the mystery team descending if they were the first team to do so?

I wonder if the photographer could give us more details. I noticed that on the photographer's flicker account page there is button to "send flickrmail" to him. Does anyone here who has a flickr account want to try to "flickrmail" him to see if he can provide more details of what he saw that day?
Brenchel overtaking Dave/Rachel would be awesome! I really hope you're right!It seems possible to me.

I think that Flickr user has been badgered enough, perhaps we should leave him alone.

Besides this, ya'll are putting way too much weight into this one task. :lol: I would speculate that it's the first task.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #940 on: April 22, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
I hope that this head shaving Fast Forward turns out to be true, not necessarily because I love head-shaving FFs (I do like them :lol: ) but because having three FFs on a single race would be a dream come true!!! :)

There were SEVEN fast forwards used in season 4 and six in seasons 2 and 3 and five in season 1 :lol3: That was back when they put way too many of them.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #941 on: April 22, 2012, 01:35:12 PM »
If it WAS Brenchel who did the FF, wouldn't it have been noticeable in her recent pics(I believe there was a pic of them when they returned from TAR?)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #942 on: April 22, 2012, 02:32:36 PM »
We don't know IF there is another FF. or IF there is a head shaving task.

But CBS is trying very hard to make us believe B/M are in trouble...

SO IF there were to be a head shaving task, agree 100% that:

D/R and Art/JJ not eligible
No way Vanessa or Rachel R would/did

So ...the field would be wide open for B/M to go for it!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:11:26 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #943 on: April 22, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
So I am thinking that maybe that is Mopper's speed bump. They could get the speed bump clue before they can open the Detour decision which has the FF in it.

This is like leg 7 though since the locations are so close.  Mopper will probably never see another team.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #944 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:04 PM »
As I mentioned in the live show discussion thread, it does look like it is a fast forward, and if so, it will be the first ff task to appear in three different races, and in the same country. While it isn't clear in the preview tonight, the two prior FFs with head shaving required both team members to have their heads shaved. Always possible this is a different task (detour or roadblock) until we see the clue for this task.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #945 on: April 22, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
As I mentioned in the live show discussion thread, it does look like it is a fast forward, and if so, it will be the first ff task to appear in three different races, and in the same country. While it isn't clear in the preview tonight, the two prior FFs with head shaving required both team members to have their heads shaved. Always possible this is a different task (detour or roadblock) until we see the clue for this task.

Not to mention multiple international versions have also had that Fast Forward.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #946 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »

Not to mention multiple international versions have also had that Fast Forward.
It's better than the haybales IMO :P
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #947 on: April 22, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
I really don't see any way on earth it is a roadblock. We can see that the final 3 teams have hair in the pics. It could be a really cruel Detour I guess.

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #948 on: April 23, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
Bopper called into the rad reality show last night (by the way great show check it out if you can) he was on with past KY TAR racers Gary/Mallory and Dave & Mary great show.Well Bopper accidently said he and Mark were going to be on the Talk on May 5th i believe before Mary kind of shushed him,he knew he wasnt supposed to tell.Which if their going to do national show that means they were probably eliminated right before that because i dont think the show ends at that time but i could be wrong?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #949 on: April 23, 2012, 03:03:41 PM »
That's the day before the two hour finale. :tup:

Is The Talk on Saturdays? ???