Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373192 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #900 on: April 20, 2012, 09:30:56 AM »
i watched the video a few days ago, Kaylani said she 'heard it through the grapevine', and knowing that Kaylani used to be best friends with Rachel and talks about their friendship from time to time on the RTV recaps, im pretty sure she has a reliable source

regardless, i still have got my hopes for Davechel to win it all <33
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #901 on: April 20, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
Whats the grapevine :stare

Grapevine: 
a. The informal transmission of information, gossip, or rumor from person to person.
b. A usually unrevealed source of confidential information.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language. :tup:
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #902 on: April 20, 2012, 11:38:21 AM »
Wow , so we have "sources" saying Davechel won and "sources" saying Brenchel won. But no "sources" saying Art/JJ won........That's the best news i've heard all day !! :conf: :conf: :conf:

I'm with you on the no sources for Art and JJ.  :lol:  I find it hard to believe though that if you won the race you would risk everything by telling anyone.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #903 on: April 20, 2012, 12:08:48 PM »
Wow , so we have "sources" saying Davechel won and "sources" saying Brenchel won. But no "sources" saying Art/JJ won........That's the best news i've heard all day !! :conf: :conf: :conf:

I'm with you on the no sources for Art and JJ.  :lol:  I find it hard to believe though that if you won the race you would risk everything by telling anyone.

Yeap.  But it's always difficult to keep the secret for a long time.  For example, in the last season of TARLA, four hours before to the broadcast of the final episode it was revealed in the web the identity of the winner team.  And the leak came from a source at the same country that team was coming from.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:11:23 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #904 on: April 20, 2012, 12:10:10 PM »
It's not that hard when there's a $5 million penalty on the line. :lol:

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #905 on: April 20, 2012, 12:18:04 PM »
Just my 2 cents as to why this is a 2 hour finale, I think since Mark and Bopper are so well liked and I believe go out in 4th  and the other 3 teams (except for Brenchel lol) are either not really rootable (Art and JJ) and Davchel who are just meh ok but not really super rootable either, that in order to get people to watch the finale they had to have Mopper be in at least the 1st hr of the show where they are eliminated so I think Ralph and Vanessa will be booted in the last leg in India for that reason.  :umn:

Offline HoroscopeCloud

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #906 on: April 20, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
Just my 2 cents as to why this is a 2 hour finale, I think since Mark and Bopper are so well liked and I believe go out in 4th  and the other 3 teams (except for Brenchel lol) are either not really rootable (Art and JJ) and Davchel who are just meh ok but not really super rootable either, that in order to get people to watch the finale they had to have Mopper be in at least the 1st hr of the show where they are eliminated so I think Ralph and Vanessa will be booted in the last leg in India for that reason.  :umn:
That's a good theory! Makes tons of sense! I really hope Vanessa and Ralph are out next

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #907 on: April 20, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #908 on: April 20, 2012, 01:02:36 PM »
It may indeed be a good theory, but the reality is that Mark and Bopper have been in the middle of the pack in general (so have Vanessa and Ralph. M/B are susceptible to any severe physical challenge. If there is an eating contest Ralph has a big edge. What would M/B be good enough at to allow them to stay in AR20 for one extra leg?

I can't think of anything except Mark's raw desire to instantly improve his financial situation, which I don't think is as important as the other factors.

Now, what RFF membership really thinks (in spit of the large base of Bopper and Mark sentiment) is show in the current leg 9 poll of 39 members:

NEL 51.3%
Bopper/Mark eliminated 30.8%
Vanessa/Ralph eliminated 12.8%

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #909 on: April 20, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »
A couple of things:

Finishing order at the Tower task prob means nothing unless that is the last task before the Pitstop, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

Production has no control over who went out in 4th place, so the finale would not be planned based on that. It is a two hour finale solely to fit in the Survivor finale...

And this should be one of the closest and most exciting finishes ever!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kungfuwomn

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #910 on: April 20, 2012, 06:44:44 PM »
Sources aside i am going to believe that Brenchel won because no offense to The boring Rachel and her equally boring military husband but yes they are a strong team but a ho hum boring team and just like Hayden won BB12 that season of BB will be remembered with Rachel just like even if Drenchel or whatever you want to call that boring couple TAR20 would not have had any excitement or viewers if not for Brenchel and Team KY period.I would love to believe that Kaylani heard it through the grapevine that Brenchel won but since she is a former friend of Rachel's who she now disses her and brendon since their falling out i dont think i can really trust anything the says. She has said said on her show that she thinks they won but i never heard her say she knows they won.If any teams are going to be asked back it will definitly be Brenchel and Team Ky!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #911 on: April 20, 2012, 10:22:54 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has posted this

Amazing Race, The
Episode 10 - I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)

paldog123456

« Reply #912 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »
I don't know if anyone else has posted this

Amazing Race, The
Episode 10 - I Need Hair To Be Pretty (Cochin, India)

Good find, supah3ro!

I can almost guarantee this is either a Vanessa or Red Rachel quote. My gut is that it's a Vanessa quote, since she does care about her hair. :lol:

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #913 on: April 20, 2012, 11:02:51 PM »

Episode 10
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #914 on: April 20, 2012, 11:31:45 PM »
Sounds like a shave your hair task to me! :ascared:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #915 on: April 20, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »

:o Omg. I think so too.

If she had said "I need MY hair to be pretty", it could be some hairstyling task.

But she said "I need hair to be pretty", meaning she needs to have hair!

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #916 on: April 20, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »

If she had said "I need MY hair to be pretty", it could be some hairstyling task.

thats what I'm thinking, but its only possible if its an FF... but lets not speculate until we get the promo

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #917 on: April 20, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »
Why not? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #918 on: April 21, 2012, 12:14:15 AM »
you're right, we might as well  :lol:

I noticed in the Azerbaijan leg Phil did NOT say 'this is the second of two fast forwards on the race' (I didn't want to bring it up back then because I thought it would be irrelevant)

which means there is definitely possibility for a third one, but to have it this late in the game?  :duno:

what's everyone else's thoughts??

Offline eddiethejet

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #919 on: April 21, 2012, 01:12:31 AM »

What if it's a mark quote?? LOL

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #920 on: April 21, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »

I noticed in the Azerbaijan leg Phil did NOT say 'this is the second of two fast forwards on the race' (I didn't want to bring it up back then because I thought it would be irrelevant)

which means there is definitely possibility for a third one, but to have it this late in the game?  :duno:

In the olden days they did really late fast forwards, even several times in the final four. BUT it has been many seasons since there were three AND all the racers have their hair intact in the F3 photos :lol: Maybe Vanessa shaves her head and gets eliminated in Japan :lol3:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #921 on: April 21, 2012, 08:30:08 AM »

In the olden days they did really late fast forwards, even several times in the final four. BUT it has been many seasons since there were three AND all the racers have their hair intact in the F3 photos :lol: Maybe Vanessa shaves her head and gets eliminated in Japan :lol3:

If one of the girls did shave her head, it still wouldn't have grown back completely by present time
Im not sure if you watched TARAus1, but Joey shaved her head for an FF in Leg 3 (filmed in November) and after they broadcasted the episode they were eliminated (in May), in the interview her hair still hadn't completely grown back

so if anything I would think if a team did take an FF, it would be Art and JJ or Mark and Bopper
we know Art and JJ have taken a FF, so that leaves Mark and Bopper, which could very well be likely, and would guarantee them a spot in the F4

i guess we will have to wait for the previews to find out more...  :duno:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #922 on: April 21, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »

I remember Tara and Will in TAR2 and David and Jeff in TAR4 reaching a spot into the F3 by using the FF.

Offline Bluesky

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #923 on: April 21, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »

My guess is that eddiethejet has nailed it.

Given that Mark is putting on the "dress" (don't know the correct name) and going out to dance with a number of beautifully dressed women, I can easily see Bopper telling Mark to "go out there and be pretty", and Mark replying "I need hair to be pretty".

Offline HoroscopeCloud

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #924 on: April 21, 2012, 10:26:08 AM »

My guess is that eddiethejet has nailed it.

Given that Mark is putting on the "dress" (don't know the correct name) and going out to dance with a number of beautifully dressed women, I can easily see Bopper telling Mark to "go out there and be pretty", and Mark replying "I need hair to be pretty".
This is the name for the second india episode not the first one where they dance with the Bollywood dancers