Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373903 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #800 on: March 30, 2012, 04:15:56 PM »
I think most of the teams that make it to India are going to be in culture shock before they leave.
(Isn't that always the case with India?)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #801 on: March 30, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Finally confirming the long standing assumption of a double Tanzania leg and a double India leg. I still think one of them is a TBC/KRL because there has to be some kind of NEL in both of the countries.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #802 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:10 PM »
in the end this should be the final race route:

Leg 1 (United States - Argentina)
Leg 2 (Argentina)
Leg 3 (Argentina - Paraguay)
Leg 4 (Paraguay - Italy)
Leg 5 (Italy - Germany)
Leg 6 (Germany - Azerbaijan)
Leg 7 (Azerbaijan - Tanzania)
Leg 8 (Tanzania)
Leg 9 (Tanzania - India)
Leg 10 (India)
Leg 11 (India - Japan)
Leg 12 (Japan - United States)

its actually an awesome race route. and they are only spending 4 legs in Asia (if you include Azerbaijan) compared to 5 legs in the last two seasons  :yess:
as much as i would've loved two legs in Japan, I'm excited because India never fails to deliver excitement and drama :hrt:

i definitely think Leg 7 is a NEL, and my other guess is Leg 9 is the other NEL (which I'm hoping is a TBC)
it makes more sense to not take a non-eliminated team to Japan because theres a better chance they catch up JMO

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #803 on: March 30, 2012, 04:52:55 PM »
There seems to be an argument about the placement of Azerbaijan in either Europe or Asia. It is a former Soviet republic most of which are now classified as eastern Europe. However since it is east of Istanbul and has a culture more similar to the Middle East I would say that it is in Asia.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #804 on: March 30, 2012, 05:10:42 PM »

Leg 2 (Argentina)
Leg 4 (Paraguay - Italy)
Leg 5 (Italy - Germany)
Leg 8 (Tanzania)
Leg 9 (Tanzania - India)
Leg 10 (India)
Leg 11 (India - Japan)

its actually an awesome race route. and they are only spending 4 legs in Asia (if you include Azerbaijan) compared to 5 legs in the last two seasons  :yess:
as much as i would've loved two legs in Japan, I'm excited because India never fails to deliver excitement and drama :hrt:

i definitely think Leg 7 is a NEL, and my other guess is Leg 9 is the other NEL (which I'm hoping is a TBC)
it makes more sense to not take a non-eliminated team to Japan because theres a better chance they catch up JMO

Only one thing is clear:  the race must leave India with only 4 teams, so no matters if the F5 is eliminated in Leg 9 or 10.  I agree with you that it makes more sense your spec, but we can't discard other options (doesn't look more exciting - talking about drama - a team fighting to reach the F3 with a SpeedBump in the middle?).

And what if that team is Brenchel? :groan:.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:52:09 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #805 on: March 30, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »
Thank you Flamant!! :hearts:

I am overjoyed with TWO legs in Tanzania!!  :wohoo:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #806 on: March 30, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
There seems to be an argument about the placement of Azerbaijan in either Europe or Asia. It is a former Soviet republic most of which are now classified as eastern Europe. However since it is east of Istanbul and has a culture more similar to the Middle East I would say that it is in Asia.
I have looked this up and the consensus is that Azerbiajan is in Europe. However, across the Caspian Sea in Georgia Asia starts. Decisions about which provinces of countries along the dividing line are in which continent are tricky.

paldog123456

« Reply #807 on: March 30, 2012, 08:33:01 PM »
I think it's especially tricky since Azerbaijan was a former Soviet state, but it now is commonly associated with the Middle East. In fact, I actually did a whole essay in history class debating this issue. :lol:

In the essay, I said it was based on the person's opinion, because I was too nervous to pick one side and get marked down. :lol3:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #808 on: March 30, 2012, 08:41:57 PM »

Leg 2 (Argentina)
Leg 4 (Paraguay - Italy)
Leg 5 (Italy - Germany)
Leg 8 (Tanzania)
Leg 9 (Tanzania - India)
Leg 10 (India)
Leg 11 (India - Japan)

supah3ro,

What you wish for is not possible. The reason is that a 12 leg race has 8 elimination points, 1 finale and 3 NELs. Since there was one NEL already in Torino, there can be only 2 NELs or one TBC in the remaining legs. Your wish for a NEL and a TBC requires 13 legs.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #809 on: March 30, 2012, 10:37:37 PM »

Leg 2 (Argentina)
Leg 4 (Paraguay - Italy)
Leg 5 (Italy - Germany)
Leg 8 (Tanzania)
Leg 9 (Tanzania - India)
Leg 10 (India)
Leg 11 (India - Japan)

supah3ro,

What you wish for is not possible. The reason is that a 12 leg race has 8 elimination points, 1 finale and 3 NELs. Since there was one NEL already in Torino, there can be only 2 NELs or one TBC in the remaining legs. Your wish for a NEL and a TBC requires 13 legs.

sorry apskip i don't quite understand what you are talking about.

there are SIX legs remaining
- ONE of the six legs must have THREE teams racing, which is the FINALE
- that means there are 5 remaining legs in which THREE of the remaining teams MUST be eliminated in

THREE out of FIVE legs are ELIMINATIONS
TWO out of the same FIVE legs can be NELs or TBCs
right?
say one of those two legs is a NEL and the other is a TBC
doesn't it make sense? .

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #810 on: March 30, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
I think Leg 7 is a NEL . And Leg 9 is a TBC , anybody with me?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #811 on: March 30, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »

I AM  :tup:

close travelling in India is much more easier and getting around is quicker/easier so I'm agreeing with you on that Declive
Leg 9 could be a night leg, then a fake pit stop and then leg 10 will run during the day #SPEC

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #812 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »

I AM  :tup:

close travelling in India is much more easier and getting around is quicker/easier so I'm agreeing with you on that Declive
Leg 9 could be a night leg, then a fake pit stop and then leg 10 will run during the day #SPEC

As I said, no matter how you design the four upcoming legs (Tanzania and India).
Leg 11 must have four teams racing across Japan, with the elilmination of the final team in Osaka's PitStop :tup:.
That means one of the six teams should be eliminated in Tanzania, and another one in India. Ok?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:07:00 PM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #813 on: March 30, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »

I think its the opposite way round.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #814 on: March 31, 2012, 05:50:20 AM »

I think its the opposite way round.

That's what I was hoping for. TAR has never had a TBC leg in Africa, so it would be really awesome to have one this season! :hoot: :hoot:

I think it's especially tricky since Azerbaijan was a former Soviet state, but it now is commonly associated with the Middle East. In fact, I actually did a whole essay in history class debating this issue. :lol:

In the essay, I said it was based on the person's opinion, because I was too nervous to pick one side and get marked down. :lol3:

:lol: Geographically speaking, I would classify it as Asia. However, in terms of soccer, they compete in European competitions and they participate on Eurovision as well, so one would think it was in Europe. Having said that, Israel and Kazakhstan also compete in European soccer qualification games, so that is a little weird! :lol3:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #815 on: March 31, 2012, 08:38:49 AM »

Leg 2 (Argentina)
Leg 4 (Paraguay - Italy)
Leg 5 (Italy - Germany)
Leg 8 (Tanzania)
Leg 9 (Tanzania - India)
Leg 10 (India)
Leg 11 (India - Japan)

supah3ro,

sorry apskip i don't quite understand what you are talking about.

there are SIX legs remaining
- ONE of the six legs must have THREE teams racing, which is the FINALE
- that means there are 5 remaining legs in which THREE of the remaining teams MUST be eliminated in

THREE out of FIVE legs are ELIMINATIONS
TWO out of the same FIVE legs can be NELs or TBCs
right?
say one of those two legs is a NEL and the other is a TBC
doesn't it make sense? .
supah3ro,

Not right. Wrong! "say one of those two legs is a NEL and the other is a TBC doesn't it make sense?" only applies for 2 NELS. Any TBC counts as two legs and throws off the math. So the only possible combinations are 2 NELs or one TBC. Your suggestion of one NEL plus one TBC does not compute.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #816 on: March 31, 2012, 11:12:56 AM »
I think when supah says 'TBC' they mean a zero-hour Pit Stop, as with Brussels last season and Sydney and Lijiang in UB.

What I think might happen:
Leg 7: NEL (6 to 6)
Leg 8: 6 to 5
Leg 9: 'The next leg starts right now, here's your next clue.' (5 to 5)
Leg 10: 5 to 4
Leg 11: 4 to 3

My main issue with a zero-hour rest in Tanzania is that TAR generally avoids having African legs take place in the evening, which is a possibility (we don't know when they arrive in Tanzania, how they get around, or what tasks they'll do). Brussels was fine to have a zero-hour rest since WRP doesn't particularly care about people driving in Europe, while Sydney and Lijiang each had forced long-distance (overnight) transit to get Phil and co. ahead of the racers.

Admittedly, we don't know if the second Tanzania leg is in or around Arusha, nor do we know where the Indian legs are beyond Kerala so this is all presently spec. I do think a long-distance train ride or flight to a different location entirely would give production the jump they need on teams (especially if it's to somewhere like Mumbai, Delhi, or a city close to either of those two, where they can more easily get to Osaka).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:31:04 AM by Zack. »

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #817 on: March 31, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
A TBC counts for only one NEL not two.  :tup:

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #818 on: March 31, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
I think when supah says 'TBC' they mean a zero-hour Pit Stop, as with Brussels last season and Sydney and Lijiang in UB.

What I think might happen:
Leg 7: NEL (6 to 6)
Leg 8: 6 to 5
Leg 9: 'The next leg starts right now, here's your next clue.' (5 to 5)
Leg 10: 5 to 4
Leg 11: 4 to 3

My main issue with a zero-hour rest in Tanzania is that TAR generally avoids having African legs take place in the evening, which is a possibility (we don't know when they arrive in Tanzania, how they get around, or what tasks they'll do). Brussels was fine to have a zero-hour rest since WRP doesn't particularly care about people driving in Europe, while Sydney and Lijiang each had forced long-distance (overnight) transit to get Phil and co. ahead of the racers.

Admittedly, we don't know if the second Tanzania leg is in or around Arusha, nor do we know where the Indian legs are beyond Kerala so this is all presently spec. I do think a long-distance train ride or flight to a different location entirely would give production the jump they need on teams (especially if it's to somewhere like Mumbai, Delhi, or a city close to either of those two, where they can more easily get to Osaka).

sorry if i didn't get this through to you apksip but what Zack said is what I'm trying to say. not a TBC but a zero hour pit stop.

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #819 on: April 04, 2012, 07:51:11 AM »
Just read that leg 9 and 10 are both in India. So i hope it is Kerela, Goa and Bangalore!!!!
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline JillianVP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #820 on: April 08, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
I JUST have to post this, I'm giddy after thinking about it and I just had to share...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's odd/interesting that in Episode 7 promo 2's fight at the airport, Art and JJ are shown butting in and telling Brendon that "you're here to follow, bro, you're not here to play... this isn't 'Follow the Leader'" and then it cuts to Rachel telling Vanessa and Ralph to just get out of their faces.  This is (at least) the second time that CBS has given us footage of Art and JJ making snarky comments about Brenchel 'following' others in the race.  Sorry, but every team that isn't the 'lead' is considered 'following', get over it.

I'm wondering if this is a fore-shadowing of the finale.  Between the Leg 3 curse and Karma being the b!tch that she is, especially on the race, it's quite possible Brenchel wind up winning with Art/JJ being 3rd... if so, I'll be LMAO!!!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #821 on: April 08, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
I JUST have to post this, I'm giddy after thinking about it and I just had to share...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think it's odd/interesting that in Episode 7 promo 2's fight at the airport, Art and JJ are shown butting in and telling Brendon that "you're here to follow, bro, you're not here to play... this isn't 'Follow the Leader'" and then it cuts to Rachel telling Vanessa and Ralph to just get out of their faces.  This is (at least) the second time that CBS has given us footage of Art and JJ making snarky comments about Brenchel 'following' others in the race.  Sorry, but every team that isn't the 'lead' is considered 'following', get over it.

I'm wondering if this is a fore-shadowing of the finale.  Between the Leg 3 curse and Karma being the b!tch that she is, especially on the race, it's quite possible Brenchel wind up winning with Art/JJ being 3rd... if so, I'll be LMAO!!!

That is strange! There has been so much drama in the promos that it is difficult to show all the sparks of fighting in 30 seconds. There is just so much drama!  :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #822 on: April 08, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
Why don't we know what the next episode is called? :gaah: :pull

Anyway, injecting a W-turn into this season should be epic. Looking like Art was ballistic because Army uturned them. And red Rachel's "shocker" comment indicates that border patrol passed on that favor.

jiajia12

« Reply #823 on: April 08, 2012, 09:02:15 PM »
I am pretty sure another D Uturn will show up in india.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #824 on: April 08, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »
Not to brag, but I did point out that teams would be using charters to get to where they were going to Tanzania. And given how close they were to the season 5 locations, that was the best way to get the teams there.

I have a feeling teams will likely "hop" to the next leg in Tanzania the same way.
-- theschnauzers