Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373978 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #625 on: January 29, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »
Is it possible the Sydney spoiler is actually the ending of TAR Aus 2, and the Brisbane/Fraser Island spoiler is from TAR20?

Good question. Teams (whether Aus or US) were seen there Dec 13th...and we have no other info for that time period.

If it is it would be the third season to visit all 6 continents (depending on how you define it) after seasons 5 and 11. 20 is a big number so it wouldn't shock me.

I believe BVM described season 20's route in one of the media interviews for the cast reveal as one of the craziest yet; throwing Brisbane into the mix might just explain his description. As it is we really didn't have any information once they left Paraguay until they reached Hawaii, and worked back to Osaka. So I'm not ready to rule out another country they haven't mentioned yet.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Shelact

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #626 on: January 30, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »
Just my two cents.  I looked for BVM's comments on where they were going but couldn't find it.  What I remember is that he said they would visit Ludwig's Castle.  Ludwig had 3 Castles that are popular tourist destinations.  I've visited two of the them, Neuschwanstein in Fussin and Linderhof near Oberammergau.  The third one is Hohenschwangau.   Unless BVM specifically said Fussin which I don't think he did, I think that Linderhof would be a more likely place for teams to visit this time.  I think it is easier to get to and it is an absolutely beautiful Castle.  It has a Grotto that would make a great place for a task but don't ask me what the task could be.  Below is a link for info on Linderhof.   I apologize for this if Fussin was actually mentioned but I remember thinking when I read about this seasons route that they would probably go to Linderhof since Fussin has already been visited.

http://www.tompgalvin.com/places/de/bayern/koenigschlosser_linderhof.htm

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #627 on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
Several different articles I saw either called the castle the one that inspired Cinderella or the one that inspired Sleeping Beauty...not sure which one to believe.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #628 on: January 30, 2012, 09:31:47 AM »

The competitors will also face a food challenge in Italy and search King Ludwig's quarters in the German castle that was the inspiration for the castle in "Sleeping Beauty."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/the-amazing-race-season-20-cast_n_1231000.html

I think that means Neuschwanstein? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle

You can do a virtual tour of Ludwig's rooms here:
http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/palace/tour.htm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:38:52 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 09:43:18 AM by Prophet »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #630 on: January 30, 2012, 09:47:27 AM »
Doesn't matter. Neuschwanstein is also known as the "Cinderella" castle.

Some of what we could see:

King Ludwig's chamber was a major highlight with its bedroom arrayed with all sorts of elaborate wooden furniture with a hunting theme.  The bedroom also had a hidden locked door to a private toilet, one of the first in Europe that featured running water.  There was an artificial grotto that made up one of the hallways, complete with fake rock and waterfall.  The ballroom on the fifth floor was also a highlight, with its incredible display of artwork.  As King Ludwig was a big fan of Wagner's operas, scenes from the operas were posted on murals throughout the building, especially in the bedroom. 

http://www.tompgalvin.com/places/de/bayern/koenigschlosser_neuschwanstein.htm
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #631 on: January 30, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »

The competitors will also face a food challenge in Italy and search King Ludwig's quarters in the German castle that was the inspiration for the castle in "Sleeping Beauty."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/the-amazing-race-season-20-cast_n_1231000.html

I think that means Neuschwanstein? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle

You can do a virtual tour of Ludwig's rooms here:
http://www.neuschwanstein.de/englisch/palace/tour.htm

let not forgert the amazing race 3 that was the pit stop for that leg i think that will be pit stop for germany leg aslo

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #632 on: January 30, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
Zach:

You are quite close, but AR3 teams did not visit Neuschwanstein. That pit stop was in a meadow overlooking Neuschwanstein on the nearby grounds of Schloss Bullachberg. Either way, it was Fussen.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #633 on: February 02, 2012, 06:49:40 PM »
From TV Guide:

.Amazing Race 20 Season 20, Episode 1
Feb 19, 2012 episode details
The 20th edition of the reality series begins with 11 teams of two meeting in Santa Barbara, Cal., where they receive instructions to fly to Santa Barbara, Argentina, to start their global trek.

??? since the start was not Santa Barbara....

BUT Santa Barbara Argentina is not that far from Salta....

:duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #634 on: February 02, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »
From TV Guide:

.Amazing Race 20 Season 20, Episode 1
Feb 19, 2012 episode details
The 20th edition of the reality series begins with 11 teams of two meeting in Santa Barbara, Cal., where they receive instructions to fly to Santa Barbara, Argentina, to start their global trek.

BUT Santa Barbara Argentina is not that far from Salta....

:duno:

If Google Earth is right, Santa Barbara is about 135 km from Salta as the crow flies and is at about 6700 feet in the middle of nowhere. I can't even find roads going to it. Google Earth can't give me driving directions from Salta to Santa Barbara. I'm a bit skeptical. It would be pretty isolated from a security standpoint though.

However, this could very well be where the skydiving happens. We already have matched up the river below the sky divers and Google Earth does show river valleys in those mountains. I'll try and match up the river with the location of Santa Barbara.

Update:

Whoops! Here's what Neobie found:

It's Salta alright! Rio Santa Marta near the town of Cafayate, 150km/90mi south of Salta city.

Santa Barbara is 135 km/80 mi NORTH of Salta, so it's almost 175 miles away from the skydiving. Now I'm even more puzzled about Santa Barbara. Maybe it's the name of an estate or ranch.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:11:23 PM by Plaidmoon »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #635 on: February 02, 2012, 08:11:43 PM »
Nvm, you found it.
I found this site which lists a Santa Barbara north of Cafayate, but like the other SB it doesn't look like a city, just a spot on the map.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 08:25:29 PM by Slowhatch »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #636 on: February 02, 2012, 08:12:30 PM »
Neobie already found it; it's by the Medanos (sand dunes) near Cafayate, south of Salta.

Ha! I beat your correction by 20 seconds!  :lol:

paldog123456

« Reply #637 on: February 02, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
I just found this: in Jujuy (which is near Salta), there is a place called Torre Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara Tower). This could be a Pit Stop.

Please correct me if I am wrong. :lol:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #638 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »
Saint Barbara - the patron saint of people who work with things that go BOOM.
Like balloons...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #639 on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:24 PM »
It's really fun to see the old standby sources coming up with leads on this new season. Like the days of old before Twitter and Facebook! :)
-- theschnauzers

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #640 on: February 02, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »

11 teams of two meeting in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara - where the teams meet - to Santa Ynez where the race starts is 30 mi - about 40 minutes on the "Amazing Race Bus".
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #641 on: February 03, 2012, 12:30:18 AM »

Wrong, first they have to fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina, take a bus to Salta, and then self drive (?) to Santa Barbara...

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2012, 12:44:14 AM »
The couple that heard the confessional at the end of the leg in Buenos Aires indicated that they took the bus from Salta to Buenos Aires. I suspect the teams flew from Buenos Aires to Salta in leg 1.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »
The couple that heard the confessional at the end of the leg in Buenos Aires indicated that they took the bus from Salta to Buenos Aires. I suspect the teams flew from Buenos Aires to Salta in leg 1.

I think that too!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #645 on: February 03, 2012, 11:02:44 AM »
From the article Peach posted in the location thread:

The racing was in fact unusual. The clarity to the issue was brought by the news service of CineX film company which said that at that very period the world famous reality show The Amazing Race was shot under support of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Baku, while the foreigners were not simple tourists but participants of this television show. Among  participants there were twin brothers, 2 clowns and  even 2 intelligence agents.

So does this means that Elliot & Andrew, Dave & Cherie and Nary & Jamie all made it to Azerbaïdjan?? Or they are only saying teams randomly? :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #646 on: February 03, 2012, 11:04:47 AM »
Sounds as though they are just quoting the press release to me.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #647 on: February 10, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »
Is it possible the first roadblock is skydiving?

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #648 on: February 10, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
Is it possible the first roadblock is skydiving?

I'll go with 70%  :tup:
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #649 on: February 10, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
Per the press release, it is definitely in Argentina. Last year the intial promo contained scenes from the first two episodes because there was no one eliminated in the first.