Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 373150 times)

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #600 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:07 PM »
I like the route Dom El. Only thing that bothers me is that it's a long jump from Azerbaijan to Japan. I think a leg should fall somewhere in the middle with only one leg in the finale country.

How about India China Thailand Brazil Kazakhstan the producers least favourite country?  :lol:

:lol:

And also don't forget Mongolia, Indonesia, Bangladesh or even my country Philippines [Amazing Race, it's more fun there :lol3:] are even the least favorite country for TAR US producers and PROBABLY those countries are either a possible leg between Azerbaijan and Japan. :duno:

btw, according to wikipedia that I'd saw an update today that 8 countries will visit for TAR 20, so either one of those 4 countries that I'd mentioned it above is probably the 7th one before heading towards to Japan.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:06:52 PM by topaz »

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2012, 11:03:33 PM »
I can't see Misa/Maiya?  ???
They are in another photo,i update.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: January 25, 2012, 11:05:52 PM »
I like the route Dom El. Only thing that bothers me is that it's a long jump from Azerbaijan to Japan. I think a leg should fall somewhere in the middle with only one leg in the finale country.

How about India China Thailand Brazil Kazakhstan the producers least favourite country?  :lol:

:lol:

And also don't forget Mongolia, Indonesia, Bangladesh or even my country Philippines [Amazing Race, it's more fun there :lol3:] are even the least favorite country for TAR US producers and PROBABLY those countries are either a possible leg between Azerbaijan and Japan. :duno:

Yeah but those legs were good, the Kazakh one sucked :lol:

Oh and thhanks Weihen, I see them now ^.^ I'd say it's first flight because I've never seen first flights carrying 3 teams in the first leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #603 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
btw, according to wikipedia that I'd saw an update today .

WIKI is NOT considered a spoiler source at RFF. Anyone can edit anything. So find the original source or don't use it please. Thanks.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #604 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:06 AM »

WIKI is NOT considered a spoiler source at RFF. Anyone can edit anything. So find the original source or don't use it please. Thanks.

Just to be far, Wii does not consider RFF a source ever for any reason. Even when RFF has it totally right.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #605 on: January 26, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »

Just to be far, Wii does not consider RFF a source ever for any reason. Even when RFF has it totally right.

I don't understand why...

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #606 on: January 26, 2012, 12:39:12 AM »
Tanzania is rumored to be one of the destinations, maybe we'll have the missing TAR 11 leg!

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #607 on: January 26, 2012, 01:58:01 AM »
Missing leg? All right..could someone explain that to me? Why was that leg cancelled in TAR11?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #608 on: January 26, 2012, 03:11:15 AM »
Missing leg? All right..could someone explain that to me? Why was that leg cancelled in TAR11?

The Tanzania leg was speculated to end in Arusha, Tanzania, where they could easily fly onwards to Europe. But because Joe/Bill and Terri/Ian ended up like several weeks and episodes days behind due to flight trouble and they couldn't finish the leg safely, the pit stop was moved. This is just a rumor, peach can confirm this

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #609 on: January 26, 2012, 06:33:18 AM »
Tanzania is rumored to be one of the destinations, maybe we'll have the missing TAR 11 leg!

TAanzania according to press IS a destination!! Yippee!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: January 26, 2012, 04:18:49 PM »
I was just wondering whether we could use 40,000 miles to try and estimate how teams got from Africa to Japan. However, I'm assuming
this figure includes flight connections which is a bit annoying.

When I looked back at TAR19's route, the actual race route that team's had to plot out in the final task weighed in at a little over 28,000 miles, but was billed as over 40,000. I can only assume that this involved connecting flights. Can anyone confirm this? I'm sure someone's looked into it before!

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #611 on: January 26, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
I think the team standing behind M/F team is Eilliot/Andrew,they made it to Paraguay.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #612 on: January 26, 2012, 11:17:13 PM »
This company in Salta does ballooning and skydiving

http://www.saltaqui.com/default.aspx

from the promos I'm guessing its a skydiving RB

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #613 on: January 27, 2012, 01:20:42 AM »
It's nice to see three independent lines of thinking got us to the same area of Argentina (balloons, skydiving, eyewitness reports for those that can't keep up). And I still think we're going to see something involving aerostation in Salta (an old fashioned word for ballooning) before we're through).
-- theschnauzers

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #614 on: January 27, 2012, 07:47:44 AM »
We've known CBS said that the race will visit Azerbadjan. Just so you know, I have to say that it's a country in development. Last year, Azerbadjan won the Eurovision Song Contest, and Bakú its capital, will be the host in May of the said event. It's a city of contrasts, somehow, and in development. As a fact, the country will spend 70 Million € in the organization of the event, making it the most expensive one of the history. Could the organization of the Contest be a good thing to be shown on TAR?

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #615 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:31 PM »
Was wondering... since they are probably going to the Ngorongoro crater, is it possible that they did a Kenya leg too? It's just beside. They could have landed at Dar Es Salaam, went to the Ngorongoro crater, then the Serengati national park to meet the Massaai people, with the Pit Stop near that task. Then they could have taken a bus to Nairobi to make a leg there. :duno:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #616 on: January 28, 2012, 03:18:59 AM »
 :stare
It's nice to see three independent lines of thinking got us to the same area of Argentina (balloons, skydiving, eyewitness reports for those that can't keep up). And I still think we're going to see something involving aerostation in Salta (an old fashioned word for ballooning) before we're through).

Just to add some additional support for a leg in Salta, I came across some evidence a few weeks back that suggests the teams took an 18 hour bus ride to get to Buenos Aires after the first leg. I hadn't mentioned it before now, because I was hoping to pin it down better and learn more, but I've had no success so far. There are a few places that are roughly an 18 hour bus ride from Buenos Aires . One is Salta. Another is Iguacu Falls, but we haven't had any other evidence that they went there. I don't recall the others right now, but they didn't seem like places TAR would go.

Update:

Oops, I see we confirmed Salta from the promos yesterday. I hadn't been keeping up. Never mind.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:46:41 AM by Plaidmoon »

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #617 on: January 28, 2012, 11:24:07 PM »
Another is Iguacu Falls, but we haven't had any other evidence that they went there. I don't recall the others right now, but they didn't seem like places TAR would go.

Update:

Oops, I see we confirmed Salta from the promos yesterday. I hadn't been keeping up. Never mind.
you mean Iguazu Falls, but hopefully that place should be visited and race for TAR 20 because right now that place is one of the big winners of the New 7 Wonders of Nature lists! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls#Comparisons_to_other_famous_falls :hearts:

Yep!  Its a great place to race there.  :tup:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #618 on: January 28, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
Another is Iguacu Falls, but we haven't had any other evidence that they went there. I don't recall the others right now, but they didn't seem like places TAR would go.

Update:

you mean Iguazu Falls, but hopefully that place should be visited and race for TAR 20 because right now that place is one of the big winners of the New 7 Wonders of Nature lists! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iguazu_Falls#Comparisons_to_other_famous_falls :hearts:

I have a friend living there,will ask him to ask some information there  :tup:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #619 on: January 28, 2012, 11:40:26 PM »

Update:

I have a friend living there,will ask him to ask some information there  :tup:

Y'all seem to forget that TAR was there in season 2, ten years ago!
-- theschnauzers

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #620 on: January 29, 2012, 10:09:03 PM »
Is it possible the Sydney spoiler is actually the ending of TAR Aus 2, and the Brisbane/Fraser Island spoiler is from TAR20?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #621 on: January 29, 2012, 10:15:36 PM »
Is it possible the Sydney spoiler is actually the ending of TAR Aus 2, and the Brisbane/Fraser Island spoiler is from TAR20?

Good question. Teams (whether Aus or US) were seen there Dec 13th...and we have no other info for that time period.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: January 29, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
Plus, given the floods last year the Queensland government is trying to boost the state's tourism industry any way possible, and throwing a few bucks to WRP is definitely a better use of their money than most other options.

Also, we know ActiveTV were scouting multiple locations in Sydney, which implies it's used for more than just a starting line.

And it makes more sense to have a Brisbane leg, followed by a Fraser Island leg, than to squeeze them both into one. Even if TAR Aus uses the "old" finale format.

I'm thinking:
Leg 1: Salta
Leg 2: Buenos Airea
Leg 3: Asuncion
Leg 4: Somewhere else in Italy? Milan, perhaps? Or Rome or Naples? Pompeii?
Leg 5: Turin
Leg 6: Tanzania (why go east to Baku, then back west, then all the way east to Brisbane? Especially with the distance?)
Leg 7: Azerbaijan
Leg 8: Brisbane
Leg 9: Fraser Island
Leg 10: ?, but I doubt they'll do an Australia-to-Japan leg twice in three seasons
Leg 11: Osaka
Leg 12: Hawaii

The other, more likely option, is that there's one leg in Italy and either Tanzania or Azerbaijan have two.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2012, 11:00:30 PM »
Plus, given the floods last year the Queensland government is trying to boost the state's tourism industry any way possible, and throwing a few bucks to WRP is definitely a better use of their money than most other options.

Also, we know ActiveTV were scouting multiple locations in Sydney, which implies it's used for more than just a starting line.

And it makes more sense to have a Brisbane leg, followed by a Fraser Island leg, than to squeeze them both into one. Even if TAR Aus uses the "old" finale format.

I'm thinking:
Leg 1: Salta
Leg 2: Buenos Airea
Leg 3: Asuncion
Leg 4: Somewhere else in Italy? Milan, perhaps? Or Rome or Naples? Pompeii?
Leg 5: Turin
Leg 6: Tanzania (why go east to Baku, then back west, then all the way east to Brisbane? Especially with the distance?)
Leg 7: Azerbaijan
Leg 8: Brisbane
Leg 9: Fraser Island
Leg 10: ?, but I doubt they'll do an Australia-to-Japan leg twice in three seasons
Leg 11: Osaka
Leg 12: Hawaii

The other, more likely option, is that there's one leg in Italy and either Tanzania or Azerbaijan have two.

I'll put it this way :

Leg 4 : Germany
Leg 8 : Somewhere in Azerbaijan OR Qatar,why not?
Leg 9 : Nepal
Leg 10 : China
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2012, 11:25:38 PM »
Leg 4 is Germany likely and Leg 5 is Turin. Two legs in Australia without a shred of evidence is odd especially after season 18.  :lol:

Then again, another Germany visit after the drive-by last season is just as likely. And we have precedent for a country getting two legs in two out of three seasons before - heck, it's even been done in Australia before.