Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 374076 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #550 on: January 23, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
Re: the yellow and red balloons.
(First hand knowledge, btw) I can't remember who at the moment, but there is a business in both the wine country of California and the Champagne region of France that conducts hot air balloon tours of the wineries in each location. (It's been going on since the late 1970s; and last time I ever checked the same business was also doing this in Kenya (as a hot air balloon safari). It's quite possible there is a similar business in the wine region of Argentina, as there's a active ballooning community in Argentina as well.)
That may explain the why of the balloons and how they're connecting it to the first destination. And it's the sort of things TPTB would do isn't it?
And it might be a way of seeing if there's anything we can find via googling that can narrow down the first destination. Yes, it's speculation, but there really isn;t a lot to go with this time around is there?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #551 on: January 23, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »
Ooooh i saw some ballons when i went there last year!! Close to La Plata !!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #552 on: January 23, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
 :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo: We found a destination here,i think
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:38:46 PM by Declive »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #553 on: January 23, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
I suspect the zorb-sized Red and Yellow hot air balloons hold the first clue.  Teams must pull the balloons down using the attachment ropes.  It looks like about 30 pounds of lifting force.  So muscular teams will have an advantage in doing the work. 

11 teams in the lineup.  About 200 balloons.  And only 11 valid clues up in the air.

The time-of-day for the line up is late afternoon.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #554 on: January 23, 2012, 10:42:12 PM »
I suspect the zorb-sized Red and Yellow hot air balloons hold the first clue.  Teams must pull the balloons down using the attachment ropes.  It looks like about 30 pounds of lifting force.  So muscular teams will have an advantage in doing the work. 

11 teams in the lineup.  About 200 balloons.  And only 11 valid clues up in the air.

Cool starting line task actually

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #555 on: January 23, 2012, 11:06:31 PM »
(First hand knowledge, btw) I can't remember who at the moment, but there is a business in both the wine country of California and the Champagne region of France that conducts hot air balloon tours of the wineries in each location. (It's been going on since the late 1970s; and last time I ever checked the same business was also doing this in Kenya (as a hot air balloon safari). It's quite possible there is a similar business in the wine region of Argentina, as there's a active ballooning community in Argentina as well.)
That may explain the why of the balloons and how they're connecting it to the first destination. And it's the sort of things TPTB would do isn't it?
And it might be a way of seeing if there's anything we can find via googling that can narrow down the first destination. Yes, it's speculation, but there really isn;t a lot to go with this time around is there?

Is this (http://www.globosaerostaticos.com/htms/garuda-en/home.html anything that can help? Patagonia?

What you want to look for is a business that specifically flies charter hot air balloon flights over the wine vineyards  in Argentina...and those web sites may be in Spanish (which I do not speak). I can't tell from that link if this company specifically does that in the right areas of Argentina. That company btw uses one of the oldest and best known manned balloon manufacturers who originated in the UK.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #556 on: January 24, 2012, 02:18:52 AM »

Is this (http://www.globosaerostaticos.com/htms/garuda-en/home.html anything that can help? Patagonia?

What you want to look for is a business that specifically flies charter hot air balloon flights over the wine vineyards  in Argentina...and those web sites may be in Spanish (which I do not speak). I can't tell from that link if this company specifically does that in the right areas of Argentina. That company btw uses one of the oldest and best known manned balloon manufacturers who originated in the UK.

Try this one for Mendoza region: http://www.thegrapevine-winetours.com/hot-air-balloon-flight.asp
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #557 on: January 24, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
I checked the page and there is a link to the Salta area, and links to other areas of Argentina where they operate balloon flights over the vineyards and olive groves.  (And with the spoiler we had during filming of this season also going to Italy, if you ask me, this may be worth further exploration.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #558 on: January 24, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

I'm going to modify this guess and say that they are not hot-air balloons.  It would be fairly easy to put together a collection of Helium-filled colored weather balloons:

Here is a link where you can get them for about $60 each:  Balloons Direct

These balloons are 8 feet in diameter and can lift 15.5 pounds.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #559 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »
Nice Chateau!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2012, 12:50:50 PM »

I'm going to modify this guess and say that they are not hot-air balloons.  It would be fairly easy to put together a collection of Helium-filled colored weather balloons:

Here is a link where you can get them for about $60 each:  Balloons Direct

These balloons are 8 feet in diameter and can lift 15.5 pounds.

will look in ballon is anyway to fit clue in it

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2012, 01:09:07 PM »
There does seem to be a ?? small basket underneath but the size does not look like a ride in hot air balloons for sure. The weather balloon link does not have a more oblong-y balloon nor the right colors, so I don't know. They aren't round.  I agree w your size estimates so...??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #562 on: January 24, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
They would have had to get custom colors if it was a weather balloon. So why not get custom made small hot air balloons? It seems like a version of the typical searching starting line task.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline paridy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Reality TV Guru
« Reply #563 on: January 24, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
So I wonder if that means we get an on the spot elimination again. Sigh hope not. :gaah:

addie

« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »
I don't think so. It's just a Hazard I think

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2012, 01:34:50 PM »
There are all sorts of 22" to 26" hot air balloon style kites and garden ornaments out there too

http://www.uniqueflyingobjects.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102&products_id=1069
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2012, 01:44:33 PM »
I think the start line tasks is a find a clue to first destination or flight tickets for flight to first country type of task, I don't think with 11 teams it'll be a start line elimination.

The balloons themselves are probably large helium filled toy balloons designed to hold a small basket to hold an clue envelope (but which still fits with my speculation about the Argentine destination. Don't know who specifically makes them in the U.S., but it can be specially ordered on-line easily enough.

-- theschnauzers

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »
couldve already been covered but could a leg in geneva followed by train to turin(torino) seem logical there are plenty of flights from frankfurt to geneva
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2012, 06:34:15 AM »
couldve already been covered but could a leg in geneva followed by train to turin(torino) seem logical there are plenty of flights from frankfurt to geneva
Appearances can be deceiving, as the Alps force train routes to not be as the crow flies. Two routes, one via Chambery and France to Torino and the other via Swtizerland and Milano - actual train time on French route is 3.5 hours but you have to layover in Chambery a few hours and there are limited trains - hourly links via Switzerland to Milano and hourly at least Milano-Torino.  Bottom line is that your idea does not appear to be practical versus other alternatives. Even Rome to Torino is quicker.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2012, 07:14:50 AM »
can someone PLEASE upload the video that's on the CBS onto YouTube...? It's funny that the show that goes around the world doesn't allow ppl around the world to see their videos

Thank You.-
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27:15 AM »
can someone PLEASE upload the video that's on the CBS onto YouTube...? It's funny that the show that goes around the world doesn't allow ppl around the world to see their videos

Thank You.-

You mean the video posted HERE with the big sign that says TAR 20 Media **now includes the new Promos**
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26426.msg706309.html#msg706309

and ALSO here??
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26412.msg706308.html#msg706308

And the short TV version HERE?
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26426.msg706048.html#msg706048

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2012, 09:28:08 AM »
There is a discussion earlier in this thread about the timing between Sao Paulo and Torino. With the new info from CBS it seems like there must be a German leg between those.

I'll let the real timeliner put it all together but my guess is: California>>Salta>>Buenos Aires>>Asunción>>Bavaria>>Torino>>Tanzania>> Azerbaijan>>Nepal>>Osaka>>Hawaii 
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2012, 10:05:11 AM »
Azerbaijan is totally new as well if it's in the mix of countries for AR20.

addie

« Reply #573 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »
When was Germany last visited?

laimis

« Reply #574 on: January 25, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »
When was Germany last visited?

well ,last season they went to Hamburg Hauptbahnhof.  :lol:
But they had a full leg in Germany in season 16