Author Topic: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**  (Read 375091 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 20 Speculation and Discussion **of Spoilers**
« Reply #500 on: December 21, 2011, 08:48:22 AM »
So teams were definitely seen in Osaka on what seems like the 19th.

But it seems like teams were also seen on the morning of the 19th in Hawaii! Or was this the 20th?

It is possible for them both to be the 19th as they'll cross the Date Line, but it would require a very short rest period. Could someone confirm whether the Hawaii sightings were the 19th or the 20th?

Dom El,

Just look at the flight information in the AR20 Transport thread. Flights leaving Japan on the evening of Dec. 19 arrive in the morning of Dec. 19 due to the west to east crossing of the International Date Line, as you and theSchnauzers have indicated. The question is precisely when the pit stop started. It would have to be on Dec. 18 or be a record short one if it started on Dec. 19. Amazing Races have never had a TBC leg as the penultimate one, so Dec. 19 pit stop origination is most unlikely.

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #501 on: December 21, 2011, 09:19:36 AM »
My head is spinning from trying to figure out departure and arrival times to Honolulu from Osaka and Narita.  That being said, do we think Brenchel was in the F3 or were they decoys?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #502 on: December 21, 2011, 09:38:37 AM »
EVERYONE Please note!!

BLOGS are different from Tweets. Tweets are meant to go out to the world, they are not private.

Blogs are an author's property. They BELONG to someone.

They should be considered as copyrighted material.

RFF tries to be very responsible in crediting owners and their work.

We make EVERY effort to contact the owner of the blog and ask for permission to use their story and their pictures before using them. Most blog owners are very generous with sharing. BUT we always ask first.

Sometimes there is no way to contact a blogger, in that case we credit them, and LINK to their work.

SO please, check in with me before doing anything except linking to a blog? I can tell you where we stand with contacting the authors, or if it is new to us.

We all get excited with a new find, but ask okay? Thanks!!

Oval actually found the Osaka blog ...and we have been waiting (sorta) patiently to hear from them! SO hope they don't mind us Jumping the gun!

I have some just few comments about Peach's post in the live board.

Actually, it is already given that anything posted on the Internet is (whether you like it or not) , except places that have passwords given to a few select audience (e.g. Facebook posts, unless the posts themselves where made public). Whatever posted online that is accessible to ALL persons is considered PUBLIC (whatever means to search it or to obtain it).

Twitter is also a form of blogging (in fact, Twitter is a micro-blogging website, a mini version of what bloggers do). Along with blog posts, tweets have owners too... so if blogs should be granted permission first, tweets must too, right? :lol:

Simply said, I do not get the difference between the two except their platforms and their mediums. :lol: That blog post about the Japanese sighting is actually, like most blogs, public, because we were able to see it. Even though it is kinda a personal blog, it is still public, and we can't be sued for "stealing" info. :lol: Its just one of the two: (1) A credit is considered enough for blogs, just like tweets. OR (2) just like blogs, tweets should be asked prior permission too.

But I am NOT saying we should share facts from blogs without prior permission. :lol: What Peach meant was basically this:

Do NOT share blog finds without OUR permission from them. You can share tweets though without restrictions, just give credit. :tup:

ETA: We should really never try to forget to ask permission first and then give credit. A blogger might not realize his/her posts are public, and so we need to ask permission so that he can be aware of this. :tup:

Sorry for being so technical.  :cmas19 :cmaslol (I don't know where to post this post, too! :lol:)

Sorry, while I appreciate the input, I stand by what I said.

For now, please use EXACTLY what I said. Thanks. What peach MEANT was what she said. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #503 on: December 21, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
I agree with Cocoa Twitter is the same thing as a blog, both can be set to private if the creator wants. Also the Internet is basically free domain. What's the difference in taking those rights reserved pictures from Flickr?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #504 on: December 21, 2011, 09:44:36 AM »
I agree with Cocoa Twitter is the same thing as a blog, both can be set to private if the creator wants. Also the Internet is basically free domain. What's the difference in taking those rights reserved pictures from Flickr?

This is not the place for this discussion. Thanks.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #505 on: December 21, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
So, bottom line, is Osaka legitimate for TAR 20 or not?
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #506 on: December 21, 2011, 10:52:49 AM »
Phil and two greeters are in the pictures. I don't think Phil has time to go to fake countries and do a fake Pitstop. He is always rushing to stay on schedule from what I have seen.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #507 on: December 21, 2011, 11:17:14 AM »
Why would anyone think it isn't ??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #508 on: December 21, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
Peach, the discussion above and in the love dightings thread about the one blog and the reference to TAR 12 got a bit confusing. I wanted to be sure of what the bottom line was.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #509 on: December 21, 2011, 11:25:06 AM »
We have a PHOTO! :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #510 on: December 21, 2011, 12:22:24 PM »
My take on the Osaka to Honolulu timings is that the Team checked in at about 7:20 pm local time in Osaka on December 18th local date in Osaka. 

I speculate that Teams had a regular 12 hour-like Pit Stop and were released on December 19th with enough time and instructions to take the Bullet Train to Tokyo where they catch the very first flight to Honolulu.  That would be Delta DL 638 leaving at 7:00 pm December 19th and arriving at 6:45 am on December 19th.

If they have one of those stretched out Pit Stops then I'll fall back to my speculation that they fly out of Osaka one of these three flights:

DL 278 KIX HNL taking off at 8:50 pm arriving 9:30 am
HA 450 KIX HNL taking off at 9:16 pm arriving 9:35 am
JL 78    KIX HNL taking off at 9:25 pm arriving 9:50 am
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #511 on: December 21, 2011, 12:33:01 PM »
i really don't like repeating routes...and this one is WAY too TAR 12ish.! italy, japan (specifically osaka again) and the finish line in a non-continental city of the USA.....and the whole "brenchel" thing is driving me nuts...they're not that great to pay so much attention to them.!!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #512 on: December 21, 2011, 09:43:47 PM »
The route seems very good for me, I just hope they squeezed in a visit to Africa somewhere (although it seems unlikely but possible). And TAR12 was my favourite route ever, lol! :cmaslol
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #513 on: December 22, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
TAR12 was my favourite route ever, lol! :cmaslol

I prefer seasons 5, 10 or 11's routes...!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
« Reply #514 on: December 22, 2011, 10:15:08 AM »
TAR12 was my favourite route ever, lol! :cmaslol

I prefer seasons 5, 10 or 11's routes...!

The three best routes in my opinion as well! :lol:

I would add season 6 :cmas22 (Iceland, Senegal, Budapest, Corsica, Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, mount Hua <333)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #515 on: December 22, 2011, 05:08:13 PM »
Let's move on to TAR 20, guys... :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #516 on: December 22, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »
i think the race is done phil is in new zealand :cmas18

Offline colav10

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #517 on: December 23, 2011, 12:49:30 AM »
Thanks to my friend in Baidu Forum,got some photos of teams checking in Italy!

checking time:10 PM
probably last team checking in,after this team arrive ,crew left.

Anyone else notice that the traditional Pit Stop sign is missing! There's Phil, the Pit Stop Mat, and a greeter but no sign! Is this possibly a TBC?

Offline amazinglatinoamericafan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #518 on: December 23, 2011, 01:35:54 AM »
Thanks to my friend in Baidu Forum,got some photos of teams checking in Italy!

checking time:10 PM
probably last team checking in,after this team arrive ,crew left.

Anyone else notice that the traditional Pit Stop sign is missing! There's Phil, the Pit Stop Mat, and a greeter but no sign! Is this possibly a TBC?

that not true because in tar 19 episode 10 when bill and cathy were eliminated there wasnt sign of the country !!

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #519 on: December 23, 2011, 04:55:24 AM »
i think tar 18 and 19 have sean the phasing out of the pit stop sign

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #520 on: December 23, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
None of the photos at pit stops during the filming had any pit stop location signage, so it looks as if that signage has been permanently retired.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
« Reply #521 on: December 24, 2011, 01:46:38 AM »
None of the photos at pit stops during the filming had any pit stop location signage, so it looks as if that signage has been permanently retired.

Just as the clue boxes... we might have some new features/twists along next season...or completely disappear  :cmas27
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2

Offline Ney

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #522 on: December 24, 2011, 11:32:43 PM »
Generally speaking if the teams were in Japan for Leg 11, they must of speant several legs in other nearby asian countries, which is why people haven't heard or seen anything as of yet. If teams wern't in China, they likely went to somewhere like Cambodia, Laos? Indonesia? Singapore? Taiwan? The general direction of this race seems to be in a right ----> direction accross the map, especially since they were spotted in Hawaii. Somewhere like South Korea wouldn't surprise me either as a leg destination.

By the way, no evidence to back this up, but I think leg 10 was probably a Japan leg too, especially as the place is expensive to film in, they'd likely want to get as much out of being in Japan as possible.

I think probably

Leg 10 - Unknown Asian country to Japan
Leg 11 - Japan
Leg 12 - Japan - > Hawaii - > United States(mainland)

In my opinion.

This race didn't finish in Hawaii did it?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #523 on: December 25, 2011, 02:03:54 AM »
We believe the most likely scenario is that the race would have ended in Hawaii...but no firm proof...yet.

:welcome: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #524 on: December 27, 2011, 04:31:08 AM »

Just as the clue boxes... we might have some new features/twists along next season...or completely disappear  :cmas27

I hope the signs aren't gone... it seems that they are taking away every little detail that I loved about TAR... :cmas4
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥